Did you just update to iOS 11 and are having trouble getting Siri to work like it should? The Siri problems, such as Siri doesn't hear me or Siri not working after update can happen to every users. This can be an annoying setback, but luckily there are ways to fix it. Let's take a look at some of the methods below:
Make Sure Siri Is Checked under Accessibility
The first thing you should check to solve Siri not working is if Siri is even able to be summoned with your Home button. You can do this by following these steps:
(1) On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Home Button.
(2) Scroll down to where you see it says "Siri," then "Voice Control," and "Off" underneath.
(3) Make sure that "Off" does not have a check mark next to it, and that "Siri" does have a check mark next to it. If you find that the opposite is the case, you can correct it by simply tapping where it says "Siri."
Turn Siri Off, Then On Again
One of my friends told me that: "If Siri doesn't hear me, I just turn it off and then re-turn on it. I don't know why but it always works." You can try this method also.
(1) On your phone, go to Settings > General > Siri.
(2) Tap the slider to turn on "Hey Siri" if it's not already on.
(3) Go to the slider next to where it says "Siri" and turn it off. Wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
Turn the Dictation Option Off and On Again
You can also try to correct Siri problems by turning the dictation on and off:
(1) Again, go to your Settings on your phone.
(2) Tap General > Keyboards.
(3) Find where it says "Enable Dictations" and turn the slider to an "off" position.
(4) Wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
Reset Network Settings to Fix Siri Not Working
Since Siri needs a network connection to work properly, it could be network issues that are interfering. Try seeing if resetting the network settings works:
(1) Go your Settings on your iPhone, and then tap General.
(2) Go to Reset, and then tap Reset Network Settings.
(3) Now in the little box that comes up, (again) tap Reset Network Settings (in red at the bottom) to confirm.
Note that this may delete all of your WiFi passwords.
Restore iPhone to Fix Siri Not Working
If nothing else works and your Siri doesn't work still, you can also restore your iPhone in order to fix this and other problems. The easiest way to do this is to use iMyFone iOS System Recovery. This application will automatically fix issues, and then restore a cleaner-running version of your OS.
System Recovery can fix a myriad of iOS issues in just a few minutes, saving you tons of time and headaches. It’s also totally safe and will get your device back in working order in only a few clicks.
How to Restore iPhone to Fix Siri Problems?
You can quickly and easily reinstall iOS using System Recovery. Here is how to do it:
(1) Open System Recovery and plug your device into your computer. Click Advanced Mode.
(2) Now put your device in Recovery mode or DFU mode. You can do this by pressing the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for about 10 seconds. If you let go of the Sleep/Wake button, but continue holding the Home button for an additional 5 seconds or so, then your phone will go into DFU mode. (The on-screen directions will help you.)
(3) You can also put your device into Recovery mode instead by holding down both these buttons together until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen on your phone.
(4) If you are successful, then System Recovery will automatically find and display the latest firmware for your iPhone. Click Download to start the process of downloading this firmware.
(5) Now you simply wait while System Recovery downloads the firmware and fixes your phone. Do not unplug your device until the software tells you that it is done!
Please keep in mind, though, that using this method will erase all of the files on your iPhone.
There are lots of things that you could do to troubleshoot problems with SIRI. If nothing works, though, the easiest way that you can get your phone back to normal is to use iMyFone iOS System Recovery. It can fix many different iPhone issues without hassle, so if your phone has been giving you problems after the latest iOS update, give it a try.