Why is there no service on my iPhone? I am neither able to text my friends nor call. Also, I can’t use the internet with cellular data. However, I can run games, calendar, calculator and other apps. But right now, I need to call someone important. I don’t know how I should fix this issue. Please help anyone!
“No service” in the iPhone can give anyone trouble. And unable to call to someone when in need can double the trouble. But we are here to provide quick fixes that you can carry out when you are experiencing no service problem in your iPhone. But first let’s get the picture why this problem happens.
Why Is There No Service on My iPhone?
"No service" glitch has been frequently highlighted by iPhone users and can have many possible reasons. Few of them may be damaged SIM card or a poor network connection or perhaps the SIM card is not installed correctly in the SIM tray. The problem can also be triggered by software bug. Or sometimes, iOS upgrade can also make you in a state to think why is there no service on my iPhone.
Although the issue can be a pain, it can be solved by some painless fixes. The readers of this article will surely get assisted by the following fixes.
1 Hard Reboot Your iPhone
This step should be done as a primary step to any minor issue in iPhone. Performing hard reboot is successful in fixing most of the cases. Here are the steps involved in the process.
- For iPhone 6s and former model users – Push the “Sleep/Wake” button and the “Home” button at once for roughly 10 seconds. Just when Apple logo becomes visible, release the buttons.
- For iPhone 7 or 7 Plus users – Push “Sleep/Wake” and “Volume Down” buttons together and hold till the visibility of the Apple logo.
2 Update Carrier Settings
This is the next action to be taken if the above one didn’t serve well. Update carrier settings can help the users if there is no service on their iPhone. Below are the steps for the process.
Go to “Settings”, then again “General” and lastly “About”. Wait for some seconds and check if anything pop-up. If yes, there are updates available, if no, the iPhone’s carrier settings are updated.
3 Remove SIM Card and Then Re-insert It into iPhone
Removing and re-inserting SIM can sound strange solution, but when there is no service on iPhone, this has been proved helpful. Sometimes, the no service issue can be correlated with improper placing of SIM card in the phone. Therefore, taking out and putting the SIM back can help.
- Turn off the phone and use a paperclip or SIM – eject tool to open theSIM tray. Eliminate the SIM card and re-insert it.
- Shut the tray and turn the phone on. Lastly, verify if the problem is solved or still exists.
4 Reset Network Settings
This step usually benefits when the issues are linked to cellular or Wi-Fi networks. Performing this step in the phone will make it not be able to recall the network settings again like, Wi-Fi passwords, VPN and APN settings. Therefore, it is necessary to make backup of the networks information before initiating otherwise re-enter the information again after resetting network settings. The steps for resetting network settings are:
- Start with “Settings”.
- Go to “General” and then tap “Reset”.
- Tap “Reset Network Settings” and then enter the passcode.
- Lastly, tap “Reset Network Settings” to confirm.
5 Update iOS
Timely updating is necessary to enhance the performance of iPhone. Also, it is advisable as it fixes the bug. Hence, make sure the iOS device is updated when there is no service on your iPhone. These are the steps on how to do it:
- Connect with Wi-Fi and head to “Settings”.
- Tap on “General” and then “Software Update”.
- Wait till the device confirms for the update. If available, hit “Install Now”.
When Wi-Fi connection is not available – Connect the iPhone to the computer and go to iTunes to check update availability. If there is availability, you will be automatically asked by the iTunes if you’d like to update the carrier settings.
6 Fix iPhone No Service Problem without Data Loss
The problem of why there is no service on iPhone can also be fixed with the help of iMyFone iOS System Recovery which is an outstanding software to fix iOS issues. The best part about this software is that it can repair the iPhone problems without losing any kind of data in the device.
- iMyFone iOS System Recovery is an outstanding solution for all common iOS problems, like iPhone stucks in recovery mode, black or white screen, Apple logo etc.
- The existing data will not be lost from the device when you use this software.
- This software takes no special instructions and is very simple to use. You will be provided with free lifetime support.
- iMyFone is a reliable company and have several products recommended by famous media sites like Cult of Mac, Makeuseof, Macworld and more.
7 Contact Your Carrier
Sometimes, the issue of no service can be settled by contacting carrier. There’s a need to contact carrier and ask them to check the account is active or not. Also, ask them if there’s any service shortage in the area.
The above were the quick solutions for the people who find no service on their iPhone. Also, this article has provided seven solutions for the folk’s convenience. Therefore, you have a variety of options and we hope you will finally find one that works to fix your iPhone without service.