If you own the latest version of iPhone, you would definitely be surprised with its video recording capabilities. In fact, the newest iPhone has the ability to capture stunning 4K videos. However, it is important to keep in mind that recording 4K videos can eat up your storage space. Therefore, all the people who own iPhones are extremely concerned about iPhone video storage as well. It becomes quite annoying to see that you have run out of storage space in your iPhone as well.
When you come across the notification that says you have run out of storage space, you will need to see what has eaten up the free memory in your iPhone. Here are the steps that you need to follow in order to observe it:
- Go to "Setting" in your iPhone.
- Select the "General" tab and then select "Storage & iCloud Usage".
- Tap "Manage Storage" under "STORAGE".
- Then you will be able to see how the stored files are distributed. If you capture a lot of videos through your iPhone, you would see that a lot of storage space has been consumed by the videos.
Here are three effective methods that you can follow in order to reduce iPhone photo and video storage.
Method 1 Back up Videos to iCloud
You can think about uploading all the videos captured by your iPhone to a cloud storage space such as Dropbox or Google Drive. You can also think about uploading it to the iCloud. Once you upload all the videos, you can simply delete them from your phone to save storage space. Moreover, you will be able to access your videos at any time you want through the cloud.
Step 1: Open Settings on your iOS device.
Step 2: Tap on iCloud >> Photos.
Step 3: Flip the iCloud Photo Library switch to the ON.
Step 4: Tap Optimize iPhone Storage to replace full-resolution photos and videos with device-optimized versions while keeping originals in iCloud.
Step 5: Tap iCloud Photo Sharing if you want to share them with others.
Step 6: Launch Photos on your Mac.
Step 7: Choose Preferences in the Photos menu.
Method 2 Reduce Video Quality
Even though your iPhone has a camera that can capture 4K videos, you will not be able to get the maximum use out of it, if you don’t have enough storage space. Unfortunately, you will not be able to increase the storage space of your device through an external card as well. Therefore, you might have to reduce the video capture quality of your iPhone. This can be done via the video camera settings of your device. If you reduce the capture quality, you will be able to save a tremendous amount of storage space. However, you don’t have an option to reduce the quality of videos that you have already captured.
Method 3 Use iMyFone TunesMate iPhone Manager
iMyFone TunesMate is a third party application which is developed to manage iPhone media files, including music, videos, photos. If you want to increase iPhone video storage capacity, it is a good choice. The user friendly interface can be used to transfer or delete all the videos of your iPhone with just a single click.
- Show all types of Music/video files stored on your iPhone: Music, Audiobooks, Movies, Music Videos, Home Videos, TV Shows, iTunes U, Podcasts etc.
- Give you the option to preview, export and delete iPhone Music/videos
- Transfer iPhone Music/videos to iTunes for backup or for syncing them to other iDevice
- Add local Music/video files from your PC to iPhone, so you can enjoy a wide collection of media files
- iMyFone is trusted by thousands of users (every year) and reported by well-known media around the world.
How to Delete Videos to Reduce iPhone Video Storage with iMyFone TunesMate
Step 1. Connect iPhone to Your PC.
Step 2. After scanning, Choose "Videos" icon on the top bar.
Step 3. Select all the unwanted videos and click "Delete".