I noticed that certain apps, like Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram, are starting to hog up a bunch of memory on my iPad. When checking the usage details, I don't have the option to clear out the "documents & data" within the app. How to clear app caches on iPad? Any suggestions or tips? Thanks! -- Reina
Cache files can be found in many iPad applications. Cache files can come about due to browsing data. When you download an app and start using such an app, cache files start accumulating and use additional space.
When you buy a new ipad, it excites you because of its smooth running and fast operation. Later you will discover that your iPad space has been used up so quickly. All of these might be as a result of too many app caches.
Part 1. How to Clear One App Caches on iPad
You can clear iPad app cache by uninstalling the apps associated with the caches. This is the fastest way, as for many third party apps, they haven't an option for deleting app caches on iPad. You can always reinstall the app later when needed.
However, deleting and reinstalling the app to remove caches will be a bit of an inconvenience, especially if one use the apps often and they start accumulating new caches all over again after they are reinstalled.
Part 2. How to Clear All App Caches on iPad
A professional software will make the deletion of app caches on iPad more effective. Download and install iMyfone Umate Free on your pc, this is a totally free iPad app cahce cleaner, with over 25 analysis technology, just one click, you will remove the caches of all apps on your iPad, as well as cookies, crash logs, downloaded temp files, corrupted files etc.
Connect your iPad to your computer and scan to detect your device with this program. After this, you can use the software to clear iPad caches, junk files, temporary files etc.
If still no enugh storage on your iPad after having removed all apps caches, you can try iMyfone Umate Pro or iMyfone Umate Pro for Mac to get still more huge space. It performs the following wonderful functions:
- Clean junk files & temporary files - Umate will delete all invisible cookies, app caches, crash logs to release big space.
- Compressing photos losslessly - this can save 75% of your photo space without deletion and loss of photo quality.
- Bulk remove multiple photos - the program will list all the photos and rank them according to date, you can preview and select all the unwanted photos, then mass delete them.
- Delete large files - it will cn detect all known & unknown videos on your iPad and filter them according to their sizes. The unwanted videos with large space will be deleted.
- Auto backup - before deletion and compression, the program will firstly back up your original photos and videos on your computer.
- Manage Apps - the tool will list all your apps on iPad, and rank them according to their size, you just need to choose all the unused apps for deletion.
- Permanently erase sensitive iOS data - erase not only current files but also previously deleted private files, all iOS file types supported, and the erased data is 100% unrecoverable.
iMyfone Umate Pro is very easy to use. You can also delete files that are large in size in a jiffy. Moreover, it allows you to permanently remove files that are already deleted for privacy protection. Also, if you do not want to delete your photos, you can still compress them using iMyfone Umate Pro saving up to 75% of photo storage space.