Seeing iPhone storage full is a very depressing and highly annoying moment. It is very irritating to see “out of memory” message every time you try to download a new song. Especially if you’re planning to update your iPhone or iPad to the latest iOS 8/9/10/10.3, you may be in for a shock. Although the update files themselves take up less than 1GB of space, the total software needs between 2GB and 4GB of storage to complete the install, depending on how up-to-date the device is.
This means that if you don’t have enough space on your device, you may need to try some ways to get rid of photos, videos, files and apps just to make room.
How to make room for iOS 8/9/10/10.3?
Tip 1 Download and install iOS 8/9/10/10.3 using iTunes
Tip 2 Don't store texts forever
- Open Settings > Messages.
- Scroll down to the section labelled MESSAGE HISTORY.
- Tap Keep Messages.
- Choose either 30 days or 1 Year.
Tip 3 Remove iBooks you are not reading
However, once we have finished reading a book, storing it on the device is a little futile (since you can download the book again if you want) Delete the iBooks you don't read to stop seeing the iPhone storage almost full.
Tip 4 Clear your browser cache and history
Clear your browser cache and history regularly to tackle the storage problems and protect privacy.
Tip 5 Make room for iOS 8/9/10/10.3 with one click
The above ways are very conventional. If you want to use a safe and quick way to make room for latest iOS, iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac is your best choice. With unique and advanced technique, the space saver can release tremendous space by just one click. Following is its amazing features.
2. Clean up junk files on iPhone by One-Click.
3. Hugely release iPhone storage by clearing temporary files.
4. Perform lossless photo compression and backup to free up iPhone space.
5. Back up and then delete large files to save space by just one click.
6. One click to manage and remove unused apps.