Many of you must be tired of deleting files before taking new pictures or recording a new video. And it's so boring that iOS 10 device saying there is no more space available to load new music or video files. To fix all these, we need to clear cache on iOS 10 to get more storage space. Below are the files and data that you can remove in order to get more space on your iOS 10 device.
Part 1. Clear Cache on iOS 10 to Speed up iPhone
The Cache files can be found in almost every App, and for some most used Apps, like Facebook, WhatsApp, WeChat etc. they may even have several GBs of App caches.
To check if one App have too much caches, you just need to go to Setting > General > Usage, and select the app that you want to check, then have a look at how many “Document and Data” in the App, as most of these “Document and Data” are cache files.
So, how to clear cache in iOS 10? Here is a free but effective way to do this! The free trial version of iMyfone Umate Pro / iMyfone Umate Pro for Mac provides the function of deleting all iPhone junk & temporary files, including App caches. With this tool, you can clear up caches of all iOS 10 Apps by just several clicks.
Steps of Deleting iOS 10 Caches
Step 1. Free download iMyfone Umate for Windows or Mac and install it. Then open iMyfone Umate software.
Step 2. Connect your iOS 10 device with your PC via cable and it will appear on the main window of iMyfone Umate.
Step 3. When your iPhone and iPad is connected, it means it’s ready for scan. Click on scan button to run complete scan of your device. iMyfone Umate will scan your device for unwanted and junk files.
Step 4. After successful completion of scan, iMyfone Umate will show you list of files that can be cleaned to improve the performance of your iOS 10 device.
Click “Clean” besides “Junk Files” and “Temp Files”, and the program will start to clear caches iOS 10.
Key Features of This iOS 10 Cleaner - Umate Pro
- Detect & Remove All iOS 10 Junk & Temporary Files: Armed with unique cleaning technique, the program can find out all app caches/cookies/temp files/crash logs, downloaded temp files, user storage files and corrupted files. Then delete all them by one-click.
- Compress Photos: By compressing all your iOS photos, it can get back 75% of your photo space. And original photos will be backed up automatically.
- Mass Delete Multiple Photos/Videos/Apps: Umate Pro will list all your iPhone photos, videos and Apps, you can preview and select them, then bulk delete all these selected data. Also original photos and videos will be backed up automatically.
- Permanently Erase Personal Files: For sensitive files, Umate provides the option of permanently erasing them. The erased files cannot be recovered even with the recovery software, so your private data will be completely secure.
- Permanently Erase Deleted Files: Normal deleted files can still be recovered, just try the mode “Erase Deleted Files” of Umate Pro, and look at how many records of deleted files can be found out on your iPhone. All these files can be recovered with recovery tool, so if these records contain some sensitive data, you’d better permanently erase them.
Part 2. 3 Little Tips to Clear iOS 10
Tip 1 Stop Storing Text Messages for Longer Periods
If you use text messaging as your primary way of communication, then your inbox may get bulky often making your iPhone run slowly. It’s always good to keep a trash hold on storing your old text messages.
In order to set a limit for storing text messages go to Settings-> Messages-> Message History and then tap “Keep Messages” now select 30 days instead of forever.
Tip 2 Don’t Save two Versions of Photos
If you use to take photos in HDR mode, you will notice that your iPhone takes two version of photo you take. One in HDR and the second one in normal, this double version of each photo taken can consume lots of space.To solve this issue go to Settings-> Photos & Camera now scroll downwards and toggle the option “Keep Normal Photo”. Now it will not save copy of each photo you take from your iPhone Camera.
Tip 3 Delete Unused Apps
People often have plenty of Apps installed that they are mostly not used or are never used since they are installed. Removing those Apps can surely improve performance of your iPhone or iPad.In order to remove apps go to Settings-> General -> Usage-> Manage Data. Here you will find the list of Apps you want to delete just select the one you want to delete.