The fact that iPhones come with a fixed memory is no longer news. And the fact that it limits what you do is also no longer news. That reality means iPhone users usually get this message: “Storage almost full”, especially if you are using the 16 or 32 GB variant. So how many GB do I need on my iPhone iOS 12/11/10?
For starters you need space for constant OS updates. For example, before the OS 11 update came out, iPhones required a whooping 4.6GB of space for the update – though that figure has come down to 1.2GB. It only buttresses the need to always have available space on the iPhone.
3 Tips to Get More GB on Your iPhone iOS 12/11/10
Tip 1 Thoroughly Clear Temporary & Junk Files
Temporary and junk files are an aftermath of the different processes running in the background that makes the iPhone work smoothly. Till of course they become a burden. That is where iMyFone Umate Free comes in. To follow these steps, ensure you have iMyFone Umate which you can download use it to get more GB on your iPhone, for totally free.
Here is how you can delete junk & temporary files.
Step 1. Plug in your iOS device to your personal computer assuming you have launched iMyFone Umate Free.
Step 2. Click on “Quick Scan”, to scan and analyze all the junk and temporary files on your iDevice.
Step 3. Select one after the other “Clean up junk files” and “Clear temporary files” to perform one click cleaning to optimize your iPhone.
Tip 2 Manage Multimedia to Get More GB for iPhone iOS 12/11/10
The need to put content on our social media pages – Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc – means we are constantly taking pictures and videos to keep them fresh. This eats at the fixed space on the iPhone. Additionally, apps like Whatsapp store incoming media. To deal with this, do the following:
Step 1. Navigate to Whatsapp settings. Select “Chat”, and toggle the “Save Incoming Media” to the left (off).
Step 2. If you have groups and personal chats where you know a lot of media have been shared, then perform these steps:
- Select the group or individual chat as if you want to chat.
- Tap on the person’s or group’s name.
- Select “Media, Links and Docs.
- At the top most right corner, you will see “Select”, click on this.
- Now select all the pictures you want deleted, and click on the bin icon at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.
Tip 3 Manage Your Apps to Add More GB to Your iPhone iOS 12/11/10
“80 to 90% of all downloaded apps are used once” is a significant stat, and goes to show how quickly apps can become redundant. However, most iPhone users take time if not forever, to delete unused apps, which hogs background processes as well. Browse through your device, and delete unused apps by:
- Hold the app you want to delete for 3 seconds till all the apps on the screen starts vibrating.
- Select the “x” sign on top of the app.
- And select “Delete” from the prompt.
One-click to Get More GB on Your iPhone iOS 12/11/10 with iMyFone Umate Pro
All of the steps highlighted above all involve manually looking through the phone for space-saving opportunities. However, with iMyFone Umate paid version, you aren’t left burdened with that responsibility.
1. Remove Useless Files: All cache files, corrupted files, crash logs, and more junk and temporary files will be removed in 1 click. Besides, you can also run "Erase Private Fragments" to delete incomplete data fragments produced by third party apps.
2. Permanently delete private data to avoid privacy leak & save space: Manually deleting data is not safe especially for your personal data. But they can be completely destroyed here, 100% unrecoverable.
3. Find out & permanently erase deleted files to protect your personal data: If you have manually deleted data before, it is the function to help to find out those which are still recoverable and permanently delete them.
4. Completely erase all data from your iPhone: Everything will be completely removed from your iPhone. It is necessary before you sell your iPhone. Or you can back up your iPhone data to iTunes, then use it to erase all iPhone data. Restoring backup to iPhone then. It will reclaim you much free space.
5. Manage media files on iPhone: You can losslessly compress photos, mass delete photos or videos with backup.
All in one click. I know the options I will rather go for. What about you? Would you rather manually search your phone, or do it automatically in one click?