There are several reasons why someone would like to delete videos from iPhone, first of all, come the nature of the videos which mean that the user needs to delete the videos so that they are not watched by anyone else. This issue is also associated with the iPhone space of the device. It means that the user wants to get more iPhone storage space once it has been made full. The unwanted videos are then deleted to get the storage space back.
How to Delete Videos from iPhone?
Method 1. Preview & Selectively Delete Videos from iPhone with Backup on PC
iMyFone Umate Pro for Windows or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac is a popular data manager for iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. It is a great choice for you to delete iPhone videos. It provides the option of mass deleting iPhone videos, and before deletion, you can back up the original videos on your computer first for future use.
- Export Videos: Transfer videos from iPhone to computer/external hard drive selectively or all at once.
- Back up and Delete Videos: Videos will be automatically deleted after backing up.
- Permanently Delete Videos: Videos in Photos app will be completely deleted from iPhone without possibility of recovery.
- Fully compatible with iOS 11 and receive lots of positive reviews from macworld.co.uk, getintopc.com, pocket-lint.com, macbed.com etc.
You just need to download and install the iMyFone Umate Pro on your personal computer.
Step 1. Connect your iPhone 7/8 to the computer via your USB cable. After that you will be redirected to the main dashboard, where you can see all the options and choose the mode which suits you to erase your data.
Step 2. Choose "Erase Deleted Files" and click on "Scan" to start the process.
Step 3. Type "delete" to confirm your action and click "Erase Now".
You are provided with the ability to select the videos that you want to delete. You can also sort the available videos based on their size and delete the videos that take up a lot of space.
You will not be able to see such impressive features from another similar application available in the market. iMyFone Umate Pro is not all about erasing the videos in your iPhone 7/8. It can also be used to delete files which you have deleted and keep your data private and unrecoverable.
Other Main features of iMyFone Umate:
- Erase All Data: You can factory reset your iPhone with iMyFone Umate Pro. With this mode, you can remove every data on your iDevice and turn it into a new iPad.
- Erase Deleted Files: With this mode, you can detect all residual files that were not properly deleted and delete them permanently.
- Erase Private Data: This mode allows you to scan and analyze your iPhone 7/8 personal information, and deleted selectively or with one click.
- One Click Free-Up Space: iMyFone Umate Pro helps you to clean up iPhone junk files, erase temporal files, compress and backup photos, delete and backup large files and remove unused apps just with one click.
Method 2. Delete iPhone Videos via Video App
- The video app is to be accessed by the user to begin the process.
- Once the videos show up, the user then have to swipe a video from left to right to that the delete options comes up.
- After the required video has been deleted the done button at the top right corner is to be pressed. This also completes the process in full.
Method 3. Delete iPhone Videos via Settings
- Go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage.
- Within it, the user then needs to tap the videos tab to proceed. The following page shows up.
- The Edit button at the top is to be pressed.
- The red delete icon that appears at the side of the video is then to be pressed.
- The delete button is then to be pressed to remove the video. The process completes here in full.
Method 4. Delete iPhone Videos via iTunes
- Once the iPhone has been connected to the PC, iTunes is to be launched.
- The Movies tab is then to be selected from the left panel.
- The video that users want to delete can simply be right clicked. The desired option i.e. Delete can be selected to remove the video. The user then completes the process.
Method 5. Upload Videos to iCloud and Manually Delete Them from iPhone
This method is extremely popular among people who are looking forward to save storage space on their iPhones. You can simply upload the existing videos to your cloud without deleting them. However, you need to be equipped with a reliable internet connection in order to upload the videos because of their heavy size. In addition, you will need to spend your money separately on cloud storage service as well. Take the example of Google photos, all personal Google Accounts include 15GB of free storage shared across Google Drive, Gmail, Photos and Videos. If you want to upgrade to more cloud storage, Google will happily upsell you to 100GB/1TB tiers that will set you back $1.99/$9.99 per month respectively.
Therefore, in my opinion, it can be considered as a method that is associated with a bit of hassle.