Frozen iPod is nothing new for most users. In fact, it is something that is being experienced from time to time. iPod Touch is in a way durable even if they could experience freezing at some point. Fixing it could be simple, although in severe cases, the iPod Touch might be replaced.
One of the reasons leading to iPod frozen is the presence of corrupted files. When this happens, the operating system is not likely to know what to do with the file causing a freeze. Other reasons include lack of memory, physical freezes and in some cases, no battery.
Part 1 How to Fix Frozen iPod
1 Steps to Fix iPod Touch Frozen (iOS 12 Supported)
iPod Touch is prone to freeze from time to time. However, when it happens, follow the steps below to fix it.
- First, you have to hold down the Wake/Sleep button that is found on the top of iPod Touch till a red slider comes up to the screen. Slide your finger across the slider to turn off your iPod Touch. Then restart your iPod Touch. (If the red slider never comes up even by pressing the button for 25 seconds, you need to reset it.)
- Reset the iPod Touch by holding down the Wake/Sleep button and Home button at the same time for about 10 seconds, then the Apple logo will appear.
- Connect your iPod Touch to an adapter and wait for it to charge.
- Press the Home button to check your iPod Touch’s battery status.
- Update the iPod Touch’s firmware through iTunes as you connect it to your computer.
- If the Home button is still unresponsive, restore your iPod Touch to factory settings through iTunes.
2 Steps to Fix Click-Wheel iPod frozen
Is your click- wheel iPod Touch frozen? Don’t worry, the following steps will fix it.
- Check Hold switch, move it to On position and then to Off position.
- Restart the iPod by holding down the Menu button on the click – wheel as well as the center button at the same time.
- Repeat the steps above if it fails.
- Then plug iPod to a power source and charge it appropriately.
- If all these steps fail to fix it, then it is possible you may need an upgrade.
3 Steps to Fix 1st/2nd Generation iPod Frozen
The following steps will help you fix a frozen 1st and 2nd generation iPod.
- You have to move the Hold switch first to On position and then to the Off position.
- Simultaneously hold down the Menu and Play/Pause buttons on the iPod for about 6 to 10 seconds.
- When this does not work, you may have to plug it to power source and charge it.
- Use one finger to push down each button if it does not work.
- If it still fails, then it is advisable to contact Apple support.
Part 2 Get Enough Storage to Avoid iPod Touch Frozen (iOS 12 Supported)
iMyFone iPod Touch Cleaner (Windows version /Mac Version) has the capability of preventing iPod Touch frozen by ensuring you have enough storage in the first place. It works specifically for your iPod Touch 6 and iPod Touch 5. It is regarded as one of the most efficient iPod Touch cleaner that can free up tons of storage space. More space means that the chances of having your iPod Touch frozen are eliminated and you can make more fun out of your device.
- Clean up as much as 30+ junk files at the same time.
- Clear massive temporary files by one click.
- Compress photos losslessly to save up 75% of space.
- Back up and delete photos in abundance.
- Back up before deleting large files especially videos over 5MB.
- Manage a bunch of unwanted apps .
Steps to Use iMyFone iPod Touch Cleaner
Using iMyFone Umate is just easy as you do not need any technical skills but you are only required one click. It can be done in just few steps as seen below.
Step 1: Fisrtly, install iMyFone Umate on the computer, then connect iPod Touch to PC and the program will detects it.
Step 2: Click “Quick Scan” on the home interface. When scan finished, how much storage can be freed up on your iPod Touch will be shown.
Step 3: Click on "Clean" of the specific item and it will clear the storage space for you.