This article was updated on August 2, 2018.
Apple’s iOS 13 ARKit uses a VIO technology, which tracks the whole world with a unique precision and allows for stable motion tracking. It has integrated the camera sensors with CoreMotion which in turn enables the device to sense movements perfectly. The new iOS 13 ARKit is a developer toolset and Apple has promised it to be the largest AR platform.
Now, what’s unique about ARKit is that it simply requires you to have the latest IOS device, unlike Google’s Tango phones. Though, the Tango phone with its acute awareness of 3-D space allows for a high degree of accurate measurement, it requires additional hardware.
As revealed by Apple, iOS 13 ARKit will have these following features: fast and stable motion tracking, which in simple terms, will make any object look like it is placed in a real live space. It will also have plane estimation with basic boundaries, X code App templates, scale estimation and also ambient lighting estimation.
The high quality AR, together with real world scenes and its compelling features promises a superior gaming and shopping experience. From measuring objects with an impressive accuracy to making navigation exceptionally easier, the ARKit is a brilliant technology promising a brighter and a smarter future.
iOS 13 ARKit: A Game Changer?!
AR technology has been in the market for many years now, but Apple’s entry is probably the most significant thing that happened in the realm of AR .What makes Apple ARKit different from its competitors is it accessibility. Unlike Google’s Tango, which is only available on devices that have the Tango hardware installed in them, and Microsoft’s HoloLens, which is very expensive (priced at $3000), Apple’s ARKit will be available on both iPads and iPhones. ARKit is incredibly simple to use. It uses the camera already installed on the iPhone or iPad and does not require any special hardware. Apple is making AR for devices that are already owned by millions of people. In addition to that Apple also plans to release air glasses which will enhance the entire AR experience. It is also working on a chip called The Apple Neural Engine which will handle all Artificial Intelligence (AI) and AR related tasks and improve the AR experience. Apple’s CEO, Tim Cook, has stated that Artificial Intelligence and augmented reality are the ‘two core pillars’ of Apple. Both technologies will allow Apple to pave the way for self-driving cars easier map navigations and more advanced AR games, etc.
The ARKit has promised a revolution of the Augmented Reality. Consider all the cool stuff you can do with this tool. From a real life like game play to measuring things with an impressive accuracy, the ARKit makes everything easier and fun.
Watch this demo video to understand the sheer brilliance of ARKit:
Common iOS 13 Game/App Issues and solutions
1 Application Unexpectedly Quits or Stops.
Try these following methods if an app you have installed won’t respond and suddenly quits.
Restart the application
- Close the app.
- Open it again from the Home screen.
Restart your device.
- Press and hold the power button.
- Swipe on slide to power off.
- Press and hold the power button again to restart your device.
Search for updates and ensure that your IOS and App is updated to the latest version. You can do this by following these steps:
- Open the App store.
- Then select Updates.
- Tap Update all and when asked enter your Apple ID password.
2 Too Many Applications to Manage
If you have too many applications on your phone and are unable to manage them, then you should consider deleting some of them. These applications tend to take up a lot of your storage place.
The iOS 13 has a new feature for storage management called offload app. It will free up the app’s storage but will allow you to keep data and documents. When you re-install your app, all the data will be placed back into it.
To do this, follow these steps.
- Open iPhone storage in General.
- Tap on the application you want to delete and then select offload app.
- If you want to remove the app and the data then select delete app.
3 Apps Won’t Work
Re-launch your app after force quit. This technique should work if your app isn’t working the way it is supposed to. Here’s how to do it.
- Press and hold the home button.
- When the multitasking screen appears, swipe up on the app and close it.
- The app process has now ended. Re-launch this app by selecting it from the home screen.
If this does not work then you can look for recent Updates. If there aren’t any you may contact the App developer to check if they plan on giving a new update.
4 Apps Won’t Open
One of the most common ways of solving this issue is by reinstalling the app.
- Tap and hold your finger on the app icon.
- Wait till it starts jiggling and then tap on the x.
- Go back to the app store, search and then download the application again.
The Best Tool to Improve iPhone Performance -
To improve iOS and App performance, making it run faster, you can also clear up App caches and temporary files by installing iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac . It manages apps and iOS files and speeds up your iPhone. This iPhone memory cleaner brilliantly provides an easy solution for managing your apps.
Steps to Speed up iOS 13 Apps by using Umate Pro
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your PC if you already have downloaded and installed our iMyFone Umate software on your PC. If you have not downloaded the app, then download and install it now!
Step 2: Click on "Quick Scan" to scan your iPhone for full space-saving analysis.
Step 3: After scanning, you will see the clean buttons, click on the "Clean" button besides the Junk Files option.
Some of the features include:
- Clean up of 30+ hidden junk files and temporary files allowing you to remove redundant files like app cookies, caches etc.
- Allows you to preview and remove unwanted apps selectively or in bulk
- Managing your photos; compress/delete/export
- Export, Back up and delete large files like videos and songs
- Permanently erase iPhone private data: messages, photos, contacts, call history, WhatsApp data, Snapchat data etc.
- Erase also previously deleted files(all kinds of history records) to make them 100% unrecoverable