In case you're similar to me, you're tingling to move up to iOS 9 as of now, however you can't. Or even if you want to download that latest photos filter app for yourself but you can’t. That is because of the same old reason; your iPhone is running out of storage! You just don’t have enough memory on your phone to install them. Try not to fuss. Fortunately the fix is pretty basic. You can have the newest version of iOS, all your favorite apps and take pictures by following very simple tips. Prepare yourself, though, because if you want to have that 1 GB of free space, you will have to get rid of pics, texts and other data as well.
- Tip 1: Use a professional iPhone Cleaner
- Tip 2: Remove pictures and other junk data
- Tip 3: Clean the internet browser and Safari
- Tip 4: Switching App Notifications
- Tip 5: Get rid of those unwanted apps from your iPhone
- Tip 6: Remove pictures and other junk data
- Tip 7: Clean the internet browser and Safari
- Tip 8: Switching App Notifications
- Tip 9: Utilize the iTunes Match
Tip 1 Use a professional iPhone Cleaner
iMyFone iPhone Cleaner or iMyFone iPhone Cleaner for Mac is the best software that serves as a professional iPhone cleaner. Umate Pro is potent in elimination different types of iPhone files and data and increase the performance of your iDevice.
Use iMyFone Umate Pro to solve iPhone is out of storage problems.
To utilize iMyFone Umate Pro in solving iPhone storage problems requires the following steps.
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your PC and run Umate Pro app from your PC.
Step 2: Click on "One Click to Free Up Space" to run a full space saving analysis.
Step 3: Click each "Clean" button to release space for iPhone.
- Clear up useless junk and temporary files: iMyFone Umate Pro can clean up 30+ hidden junk files to free up iOS storage space in the shortest possible period. Some of the prominent junk files in iPhones include browser caches, cookies, App logs, call logs, etc.
- Compress photos: 75% of photo space can be recovered using iMyFone Umate Pro. The photo compression will never ruin your photos; you will hardly be able to differentiate between the compressed photos and the original photos if not based on the file size. And original photos will be backed up on your PC.
- Preview and bulk delete videos, photos, apps: After scanning your iPhone with iMyFone Umate Pro, all large files in your iDevice will be listed. You can preview through the large videos, audios, photos, apps, etc. and selectively delete them to create storage space.
- Erase useless deleted files: iMyFone Umate Pro can detect and erase previously deleted files, such files are not completely overwritten and can still be recovered by data recovery software, which not only eat up space but also lead to privacy leak.
- Erase sensitive private files: Recovering deleted files from iPhone is very possible when using some recovery tools. If peradventure some of your sensitive files are recovered from your iPhone, such files can be used against you. Hence, you need a data destroyer tool like iMyFone Umate to permanently erase your sensitive files beyond recovery.
Tip 2 Upgrade to the newest iOS 10
iOS 10 is the tenth major release of the iOS operating system developed by Apple Inc. iOS 10 came with varied storage space saving features which makes it one of the most applaud iOS ever developed by Apple Inc. iOS 10 occupies the least storage space when compared with the previous iOS 9 and 8, it is of notice that after installing iOS 10, your iPhone's available memory space increases by over 8%.
Therefore, upgrading to the latest version of iOS 10 can help to create more free storage space on your iPhone. iOS 10 also allows the user to delete apple default apps like safari, calendar, notes, music app, etc. This can also lead to acquiring more storage space on you iPhone.
How to upgrade to new iOS 10 to fix iPhone out of storage problem:
Step 1: Backup your files to iCloud or iTunes.
Step 2: Click and launch the Settings app.
Step 3: Click on General.
Step 4: Tap on Software Update to install the latest iOS update.
Tip 3 Factory reset iPhone
Factory resetting is an efficient way to solve iPhone is out of memory problem. Hence, if you notice signs like sluggish access to applications, delays to access live image in camera app, hanging effects during contact scroll, or other delays while using your iOS device, then you should factory reset your iPhone.
How to factory reset iPhone:
Step 1: Click on "Settings" then "General" and scroll down to "Reset."
Step 2: Click on "Erase All Content and Setting".
Step 3: Enter your Apple ID and Password.
Step 4: The resetting process will take few minutes and will be complete when you see "Swipe to Continue."
Once this process has been initiated, every bit of data on your iPhone will be wiping out, and it cannot be stopped in the process. Hence, ensure that you have backed up your files to iCloud or iTunes.
Tip 4 Backup on iCloud and delete large files from iPhone
iCloud is a way to manage your iPhone storage space by connecting your iPhone to a Wi-Fi network and uploading your iPhone content to the clouds. To fix iPhone is out of storage problem, you can upload any type of file, be it apps, music files, videos, contacts, calendar events, notes, etc. and delete the files off your iPhone with the assurance that you can retrieve these files whenever you have a need for them.
How to backup files on iCloud :
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to a Wi-Fi network.
Step 2: Click on Settings and scroll down to tap on iCloud.
Step 3: Scroll down, select Backup, and make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on before proceeding.
Step 4: Click on Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage, then select your device. After these steps, backup screen will appear estimated time for backup and file size.
Tip 5 Get rid of those unwanted apps from your iPhone
To get rid of this problem, simply delete the apps you don’t use often. You can simply tap and hold the app icon, it’ll start to wiggle, tap the “x” on top of the icon, tap on the delete button and that is it.
Tip 6 Remove pictures and other junk data
Photos aren’t the only thing that takes a lot of space on your phone, you’ll be surprised to see how much space you can save if you start to delete other data like voicemails, reminders, and contacts and even call history.
Tip 7 Clean the internet browser and Safari
Tip 8 Switching App Notifications
Tip 9 Utilize the iTunes Match
- Tap Settings > iTunes & App Store.
- Sign in with the Apple ID and password that you use for iTunes Match.
- In the upper-left corner, tap Settings.
- Tap Music.
- Turn on iCloud Music Library.