iCloud is the most ultimate source drive to store data. But every tech user realizes that how much important is to keep a second backup. It is very easy to encounter any loss of the storage at first place.
So, it's obvious that every tech user needs a second backup to save the data in iCloud Drive. It can be your business presentations, necessary accounts data sheet or etc.
Here you will learn how to manage the secondary backup for long life.
1. How to Back Up iCloud Drive Files on Mac
Backup on Mac is the first reference as it is the easiest way to do it within seconds. It is just the game of copy & paste. Follow this easily imposed way.
- Initiate with the Finder window on your Mac.
- Hit the iCloud Drive in the sidebar of your Finder window.
- Choose the first application folder from which you want to copy the file data.
- Select the files which you want to copy for the second backup. You can select multiple files in a row to do it just in seconds.
- Right click on the selected files and click on the Duplicate option.
- Drag the duplicate files to the storage folder on your Mac. We recommend any Cloud-based storage such as Dropbox, Google Drive etc.
Important to remember, it is the easiest way to keep the archived storage of your business assets or beloved memories. If you want to keep working on these files then stay connected to your source App.
2. How to Back Up iCloud Drive Files on iPhone or iPad
Upgraded iOS 11 system has been renamed the iCloud Drive to Files folder. You can keep the storage here to move the files from your iDevice to another save location anytime.
Here are steps to follow up.
- Initiate with the Files folder on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the iCloud Drive under Locations.
- Get in one folder to select the files. Or directly locate one file if you don't create a folder for your files.
- Tap on the Select option on the right upper corner of your screen.
- Check all the files you want to save for longer.
- Now copy these files by clicking on the copy button at the bottom which looks like square holding a +plus icon.
- Click on the Select again to select the copied files.
- Click on the Share icon and let's share the files to secondary storage folder such as Google Drive.
Important to remember that it is the second solution to save archived files for a long time. If you want to edit or update the files again then you should work on the source App or the original file.
3. How to Back Up iCloud Drive Files from iCloud.com
iCloud Drive has been appreciated to provide this online service to its users. iOS users can transfer their data storage from iCloud to any computer anytime and anywhere. It doesn't matter if you are working on iOS system or Window's system. You can access iCloud.com from any browser. Here's, how to do it.
- Browse iCloud.com from any browser on your computer.
- Simply Sign-in with your Apple user account.
- Click on iCloud Drive icon.
- Choose and open the folder from which you want to copy the files.
- Select the files you want to copy. You can select multiple files at once by your keyboard.
- Tap on the Download button at the top of the screen page.
- The files will be downloaded directly to the Downloads folder on your computer.
- You can copy and paste the files to any other location on your computer.
The central point is that this is the way to keep the storage save for longer. Because your beloved memories or business assets are the milestone of your life. If you want to edit or update the files again then keep working on your iPhone source App.
Another Tip: Export Files in iCloud Backup to Computer
Just as iCloud offers the most compatible features for iOS devices, iMyFone iTransor Lite serves the same in a more convenient way. The application has introduced the advanced ways to keep the backup easily to another location. Users have multiple more features in it to store efficiently.
- Randomly export more than 18 types of files from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Back up the whole device data at once or choose data of one app, as per your choice.
- It can access your data in backups for your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch on your computer even without holding the device.
- The App has full compatibility with any upgrade or advanced version of iOS, including iOS 11.3.
How to Export Files in iCloud Backup to Computer?
Follow these easy steps to learn how iMyFone iTransor Lite offers the compatible way to export the iCloud files for enduring backup. Of course, you need to launch the software once you have installed the iMyFone D-port on your computer.
- Click on the Extract Data from Backup from the given three options on the left panel.
- Click on the Download iCloud Backup to log in your iCloud account and choose one backup to download. Then click Next.
- From the window of all the data types, choose the ones which you want to export or keep on Select All to choose all of them.
- Next step is to click on the Next button. The advanced data exporter tool will start downloading the files backup and display all the data in the backup.
- Now you can view your files in the application and check the ones you need to export. Lastly, just to click on Extract button to get your data exported to your computer as a backup.
This process just takes few seconds to extract the data in your computer. Also, offers multiple features to choose the selective files. It offers the preview before download and saves your time and space from keeping the all the backups, which may include some unnecessary files.
Now you have three methods to back up files in iCloud Drive and one way to export data in your iCloud backup. Just remember that making a backup is necessary always in case of any data loss. Give the methods a try now and we will appreciate it very much if you could leave a comment.