Do you love the Kik messenger but are going crazy trying to update the app on your iPhone or iPad? Well, we can completely relate to your situation. We can imagine how annoying it is when suddenly the app that keeps you connected to all your friends suddenly starts malfunctioning or causing your iOS device to freeze. While this is not a common issue, there can be times when your attempt to update Kik backfires and results in a Kik crash. In this post, we will talk about your present pain-point - “iPhone Kik update stuck” and tell you how you can deal with it. Keep reading to know more.
Part 1: How to Fix Kik Update Stuck on iPhone/iPad?
In this section, we will talk about some basic methods using which you can fix an iPhone Kik update stuck mid-way. If you are struggling with a Kik crash, try these and get respite from the frozen device.
1 Restart Your iPhone or iPad
Sounds easy, right? If your Kik app crashes while you’re trying to update it, you can restart your iOS device and resume the update. Follow these steps to restart your iPhone or iPad:
- Press and hold the side-button or top-button until the slider appears on your iPhone’s or iPad’s screen.
- Drag the slider towards the right side to shut off the device.
- Once your iPhone or iPad shuts off, again press the side-button or top-button to restart it.
- If your iOS device is with iOS 11 or later, you can switch it off by opening “Settings”, followed by “General,” and “Shut Down”.
2 Change Another Wi-Fi Hotspot
You can also try connecting your iPhone or iPad to another available Wi-Fi connection. Follow these steps to connect your phone to a different Wi-Fi hotspot:
- Open “Settings,” followed by “Wi-Fi”.
- Your device with initiate a search for available Wi-fi devices.
- Click the name of the Wi-Fi you want to connect to.
3 Reset Network Settings
To fix a Kik crash, you can reset your network settings and see if it works. Follow these steps to reset network settings:
- Open “Settings,” followed by “General”.
- On the “General” settings page, click “Reset”.
- On the “Reset” screen, click “Reset Network Settings”.
- If your iPhone or iPad is secured with a passcode, you’ll be prompted to enter it.
- To confirm your passcode, you’ll have to again click “Reset Network Settings”.
4 Manage iPhone/iPad Storage
An overloaded storage may be responsible for the Kik crash. Manage your storage efficiently to avoid similar app crashes in the future. Follow these steps to manage your iPhone/iPad storage:
- Open “Settings,” followed by “General”.
- Click “Storage and iCloud Usage,” followed by “Manage Storage”.
- Tap on the apps that are causing trouble (you can delete the Kik app altogether and install the updated version again).
5 Close Unnecessary Background Apps
To avoid app crashes like the Kik crash, it is vital to close apps that are running in the background as they can cause your iPhone or iPad system to become slow. Follow these steps to close background apps:
- Open the multi-tasking switch by double-tapping the home button.
- Eliminate all apps that are running in the background.
6 Switch Airplane Mode on/off
You can fix a stuck iPhone or iPad by toggling the Airplane Mode on and off. Follow these steps switch the Airplane mode on and off:
- Open “Settings”.
- Click “Airplane Mode” to switch it on.
- Follow the same steps to switch off the Airplane mode.
7 Rely on iOS Fix Tool
Using iMyFone iOS Recovery tool, you can fix different issues with your iPhone or iPad and resume the normal functioning of your iOS device. Using this incredible tool, you can:
- Fix a stuck iPhone/iPad
- Repair iPhone/iPad without any data loss in the standard mode
- Fix critical issues or unlock your iOS device with the advanced mode
Follow these steps to use iMyFone iOS System Recovery tool to fix a Kik stuck or crash:
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to the PC and pick the “Standard Mode”. You will then be asked to enter Recovery mode or DFU to initiate the fixing process.
- Once your device has entered the Recovery mode or DFU mode, download the firmware. iMyFone iOS System Recovery program will automatically identify your device and suggest a firmware download option. Click “Download” to install the firmware.
- Once the firmware download is complete, click “Start to Fix” and the tool will begin repairing your iPhone or iPad.
- Once the process is complete, try to start your iPhone or iPad. If the issue persists, retry the process.
Part 2: Back up iPhone/iPad before Fixing Kik Update Stuck
Even though your iPhone or iPad use iCloud for routine backups, it is always a good idea to manually backup your data via an iTunes sync to stay safe and restore your data in the worst possible data loss scenario.
Backing up Kik Data on iPhone in Official Way
Your Kik conversations are stored locally on your iPhone or iPad in the Kik app. Kik cannot see or download any of your chats incase you need them in future. There’s currently no way to back-up your Kik conversations on your device. However, if you haven’t recently logged out of, or deleted Kik, your recent chat history will be saved on your iOS device:
- For recent chats you've had in the last 48 hours, you'll see the last 1000 messages.
- For older chats, you'll see the last 500 messages.
Backing up Kik Data via iPhone Data Exporter
Using iMyFone D-Port iPhone Data Exporter software, you can easily back-up your Kik chats on your iPhone or iPad.
Export Kik Data from iPhone as A Backup
This feature of the iMyFone D-Port iPhone Data Exporter tool allows you to continuously back-up your iPhone or iPad (including back-up of Kik messages) and export data from them. Follow these steps to export data from iPhone or iPad as a backup:
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to the PC.
- Open iMyFone iPhone Data Exporter and click “Back up and Export from Device” option, followed by “Export Data”.
- On the next screen, different types of data that you can back-up will get displayed, select “Kik” to export Kik data and click “Next” to initiate the scan process.
- Once the scan is complete, all the files relevant to the chosen data type will be displayed on your screen. You can individually pick the files you want to export to your computer.
Make A Full iPhone Backup including Kik Data
Instead of just backing up and exporting Kik data, to be on the safer side, it will be a sound idea to make a full backup of all your iPhone data and transfer it to your PC.
Note: You can update D-Port to D-Port Pro to restore this full backup of your device.
Now that you know that Kik update stuck is a common issue. Don’t get hassled if your iPhone or iPad starts misbehaving during the update. You can make the most of the methods mentioned above to restore your iOS device to normal. If you have something to add or more questions for us, please share them in comments. We will get back to you with the relevant answers as soon as we can.