Do you think that your child is up to no good? Are you worried that they may be hanging out with the wrong crowd. In today’s Information Age, it can be very difficult to know what someone is up to unless they want to share this information with you. That’s because almost everything happens online. Your child probably spends more time online than they do talking to you and you have a right to worry.
As a parent therefore, it may be prudent to make sure that your child is not in any danger and you can use the same technology they use to keep you away from their affairs. Which brings us to this article’s topic; is it possible to track someone’s cell phone with just their number? In this article, we will show you that it is indeed possible and even share with you a few ways you can do that.
1. Send Spam Messages
One way you can track someone’s number is to send them a scam message. This is usually a black hat method but can often work when you need to access the device’s Google account and the information in it. The following are just some of the steps you would take if you were to send such as scam message to the target device;
Step 1: You would send an SMS to the target device asking them to verify their account by replying with the verification code you provide. In truth the code is a password reset code.
Step 2: You then send another text message with the unlock code.
Step 3: When the target person enters the code, their email address is forfeited and you can then log in to their account without being detected.
2. How to Stop Your Phone from Being Hacked
Phone hacking can be a serious problem precisely because most of us have a lot of information on our devices and it is very easy for the hacker to get sensitive information like emails, credit card data and even your location. But there are several steps that you can take to make sure that you are not hacked.
Basic phone security tips:
- Ensure that you keep your phone with you at all times especially when you are in a public space.
- It is also important that you use a strong passcode. Change the default passcode to something you will remember no one else can guess.
- Avoid connecting to unprotected Bluetooth networks and turn off Bluetooth when you are not using it.
- Also avoid storing credit card information and PIN numbers on your device. But if you must, use a protected app to store them.
Advanced ways to prevent phone hacking:
The following are just some of the advanced steps you can take to take further precaution against hacking;
- Avoid using public WI-FI networks. Hackers target these to access your information.
- Avoid using the autocomplete option available on most browsers. This is because it saves a lot of important data that can easily fall into the wrong hands.
- Delete your browsing history, cache and cookies. This will reduce the amount of data that hackers can access.
- Turn on “Find My iPhone.” This feature will help you to stay protected and locate the device if it ever goes missing.
- Consider using a security app to keep the data on your device from prying eyes. Regular antivirus apps are ideal although go for the one that offers more protection.