Do you think that your child is up to no good? Are you worried that they may be hanging out with the wrong crowd. Generally, it can be very difficult to know someone's whereabouts unless they want to share this information with you. However, in today's information age, almost every one of us has a cell phone and we carry it with us wherever we go. So this brings to this topic: how to track a cell phone with just its number? In this article, we will discuss whether it is feasible and how to make it happen.
Is It Possible to Locate Phone by Phone Number?
Yes. It's possible. Theoretically, as long as the cellular network is switched on, you will be able to track location using mobile number. The network providers need to know the location of the phone, otherwise it won't be able to provide corresponding services. Simply put, if you want to make a call or go online, the cell phone needs to get a signal from the base station to work properly. So the operators can determines the location of the handset by comparing the signals received by different base stations, this is what we called as triangulation technology. So, some professional hackers can take advantage of this feature to track mobile number location without even touching the target phone.
However, this method is not feasible for most people. Many scam companies take advantage of your psychology and claim that they have a professional team that can track a cell phone location by number. Don't fall victim! These companies either have to be paid a lot of money to really work, or they are downright scams. Some common ways that are said to work are discussed below.
1. Send Spam Messages
50% of cell phone hacking is achieved by sending the target a spam messages. This is usually a black hat method but can often work. A very simple trick is that you can pretend to be Google and ask the target to provide to provide the verification code, then log in Google Find My Device features to track someone's location. The following are just some of the steps you would take if you were to send such as scam message to the target device;
Step 1: You would send an SMS to the target device asking them to verify their account by replying with the verification code you provide. In truth the code is a password reset code.
Step 2: You then send another text message with the unlock code.
Step 3: When the target person enters the code, their email address is forfeited and you can then log in to their account without being detected.
2. Call the Network Provider
Network providers store a lot of information, including the cell phone locations. However, they will not actively display this information unless requested. Also, it's important you can provide the related account credentials like phone number, password, etc. So as long as you can fully authenticate the identity, you can call the network provider to acquire location information.
Also, many operators have their web portal or official app, which allows you to check the location of cell phones under its subscription. You can try to log in using the known phone number and password.
3. Contact A Professional Hacker
Another commonly used method on how to track mobile number location is hiring a pro to get the job done. This way you don't need to do it by yourself. Everything is handled by the hacker. Usually they will install Trojan apps or use some remote hacking tools to know the location of the target device and report you the final result. The good thing is that you don't have to work too hard. The bad thing is that it's hard to find a safe and professional hacking service. Though you can find a lot of results if searching how to hack someone's phone with just their number, seldom of they do really work. We have seen many similar fraud problems happen. So, think twice and check carefully if the service is trustworthy.
The Correct and Safe Way to Track Someone's Phone without Knowing
So if you have carefully read this article, you will find it’s possible but very hard to track someone by phone number. These methods are too complicated for the majority. Instead of trying each of them but in vain, there is a very simple way you can employ at home. That’s KidsGuard Pro tracking app. It’s true that it doesn’t work based on phone number, but you can get the very accurate information all the time after installing it on the target device. Except for that, there are some good reasons why we recommend using KidsGuard Pro.
- It’s secure and trusted by many. So you don't need to worry about being cheated.
- The app is readily available. You can finish the download and installation process within 5 minutes.
- The GPS location is updated in real-time. You can check the location history as well.
- This app runs in stealth mode on the target device, so there is no chance that the owner will know you are tracking.
Now let’s have a look at how to track mobile number location using KidsGuard Pro.
Step 1: Register for KidsGuard Pro and select your pricing plan. This app will cost you a few bucks but it's worth it.
Step 2: Take the target device and open www.clevguard.net to download KidsGuard Pro assistant app. After that, complete the installation and setup process following the app instructions.
Step 3: The app icon will disappear from the target device after installation. To see the current location of target device, you should log in KidsGuard Pro’s web panel and select “Locations”.
Bonus Tip: How to Stop Your Phone from Being Hacked
Phone hacking can be a serious problem precisely because most of us have a lot of information on our devices and it is very easy for the hacker to get sensitive information like emails, credit card data and even your location. But there are several steps that you can take to make sure that you are not hacked.
Basic phone security tips:
- Ensure that you keep your phone with you at all times especially when you are in a public space.
- It is also important that you use a strong passcode. Change the default passcode to something you will remember no one else can guess.
- Avoid connecting to unprotected Bluetooth networks and turn off Bluetooth when you are not using it.
- Also avoid storing credit card information and PIN numbers on your device. But if you must, use a protected app to store them.
Advanced ways to prevent phone hacking:
The following are just some of the advanced steps you can take to take further precaution against hacking;
- Avoid using public WI-FI networks. Hackers target these to access your information.
- Avoid using the autocomplete option available on most browsers. This is because it saves a lot of important data that can easily fall into the wrong hands.
- Delete your browsing history, cache and cookies. This will reduce the amount of data that hackers can access.
- Turn on “Find My iPhone.” This feature will help you to stay protected and locate the device if it ever goes missing.
- Consider using a security app to keep the data on your device from prying eyes. Regular antivirus apps are ideal although go for the one that offers more protection.