Are you worried that updated your iPhone 8 will take too long? How long does it really take? Actually, this issue is more about iOS 11, the native operating system of the iPhone 8. Knowing how long it takes for iOS 11 to update can allow you to plan around your updates more effectively, especially since these days mobile operating systems are getting bigger and bulkier.
How Long Does It Take to Update iPhone 8?
There's no way to tell exactly how long your iPhone 8 will take to update because the times vary from person to person. There are a lot of different factors involved. For example, if someone chooses to update through a Wi-Fi connection, it depends on how reliable the network is. If someone chooses to update through iTunes, they are still subject to the quality of the connection and they also have to deal with iTunes' own possible issues.
We can give you an approximate time, though. If you're on a fast Wi-Fi network and are updating wirelessly, or if you're using iTunes and it's running smoothly, then it should take you less than 20 minutes. Of course, this is assuming that you're updating from a fairly recent version of iOS to the most recent version—for instance, if you're updating from iOS 11.0.2 to 11.0.3. If you are updating from an older version of iTunes, it will take longer.
Encounter a Problem during the Update to iPhone 8?
If it's taking forever for your iPhone 8 to update, there is something that you can do. Instead of using iTunes or one of Apple's tools to update, you can update your phone easily and risk-free with iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery tool. iMyFone D-Back is a tool that allows you to do a lot of different things with your iPhone. Basically, it fixes issues and lets everything run more efficiently. Some of its advantages include:
- It can help you update your iPhone without the risk of data loss.
- You can fix iOS issues that might happen while/after you're updating to the latest version of iOS, for example iPhone overheating after iOS 11 update.
- It recovers lost/deleted data from iOS device. You can recover deleted WhatsApp messages from iPhone, recover photos from dead/broken iPhone, and more.
- You can extract data from your old iTunes and iCloud backups.
How to Update iPhone 8 Safely and Quickly?
The following is the easy steps you can refer to update your iPhone 8.
(1) Download and install iMyFone D-Back from the iMyFone website to your computer.
(2) Connect your iPhone to your computer and launch D-Back.
(3) Click Fix iOS System option and choose Standard Mode, and then put your phone into DFU or Recovery Mode. The instructions on the screen will tell you how to do it, but basically you can go into DFU by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for about 10 seconds, then let go of the Sleep/Wake button and hold the Home button for an additional 5 seconds or so.
For Recovery Mode, just do the same thing but keep holding onto both buttons until the "Connect to iTunes" screen comes up.
(4) Once you're in one of the two modes, the software will present you with the firmware package for the latest iOS which will match your iPhone. Click Download to download it, and then the application will take care of the rest.
(5) Wait while your iPhone 8 is updated, then click Done when it is done.
Normally, it doesn't take long to update a phone, but if you're having issues, it's a good idea to download iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery . It will let you fix most iOS problems in just a few minutes and it can update your iPhone 8 safely and quickly. With it, you don't have to ask “how long does iPhone update take” anymore! Give it a shot now!