You may want to block a certain number for a variety of reasons. Sometimes it is those hoax marketing calls which get us nervous and at other times it might be the guy you have recently broken with or the friend you just don’t get along with anymore. So, in any of the cases, knowing the tricks of how to block a number on iPhone will definitely turn out to be handy. Let us see the details.
Part 1. Block a number on iPhone from the Phone App
If you want to block numbers that have been calling you recently, here is what you need to do.
- Open the phone app and then head to the ‘Recent’ tab.
- Now, tap on the blue information icon and scroll down in the list that follows.
- Tap on ‘Block this caller’.
- You will get a confirmation alert. Tap on ‘block contact’ to confirm the action.
Part 2. Block a phone number on iPhone from Message App
If you want to block a number that has been messaging you, here is what you need to do.
- Open the ‘Messages’ app on your phone and then tap on the conversation you had with them.
- Now, once again tap on the blue information con and then tap on the number which would be present at the top of the details.
- Now, tap on ‘block this caller’ and then when the confirmation pops, tap on ‘block contact’ and you will be all set.
Part 3. What if the caller hides their caller ID?
Let us see the steps for the times when the caller is smart enough to hide the details.
Download a call-blocking app from App Store
You can find lot of apps that seem to offer this feature. Ever since iOS10 was launched, Apple offered the option to developers to allow them to do a lot more. With Call Kit, they can screen the incoming phone calls to the device.One of the possible app you can use has to be Callblock. Download this app and then select the kind of call you want to block and that is it.
Use do not disturb mode
The do not disturb mode can help you silence the calls from those contacts which your phone doesn’t recognize. Here is how you can do it.
Head to ‘Settings’ and then scroll down the list and you will find ‘Do not disturb’.
Tap on it and then for the option ‘Allow calls from’, you can tap on ‘All contacts’. This means that you will not receive calls from numbers which are not saved in your contact list. This can however silence a lot of useful calls too which you may not have saved as contacts.
Contact local Apple company
Also, you can contact your local phone company and see the kind of help they can offer. Some of them have a monthly plan which allows you to steer clear of marketing alls. If you are being harassed or threatened by a certain number, the Company may help you get details of the number for police investigation.
Part 4. How to Retrieve Deleted Contacts on iPhone without Backup
If you would like to retrieve deleted contacts from your phone and you don’t even have a backup, the software which will turn out to be of use has to be iMyFone D-Back iPhone data recovery, which enables to recovery various data types for iPhone, iPod and iPod touch. Besides, you have the option of previewing all the files in detail before the recovery.
Now let us see how to recover data from your iOS device using the software.
- Download iMyFone D-Back on you system and install it.
- Click on ‘Recover from iOS device’ option and then click on ‘Start’.
- You will then need to choose the file types which you want to recover.
- Now, you will be asked to connect the iOS device to the same computer. Follow the on-screen instructions and do so.
- When the program detects the device, you then need to click on ‘Scan’ and it will find the data you need.
- Preview the files and choose the ones you want to recover.
- Click on ‘Recover’ and save them at the desired location.
So, use these steps and even get hold of your lost contacts. This is a safe and excellent way to ensure that you do not end up losing out some important contacts which may have a lot of importance.