As time goes by, an average address book gets filled up with contacts you no longer need. This does not mean that these contacts are taking up too much space on your iPhone, but once in a while, you might want to expunge a few contacts. An ordinary phonebook allows you to find and erase your contacts. But, this is different when it comes to using an iPhone. By default, Apple lets you to get rid of only one contact you no longer need at a time. In most cases, this is not a very nice process for anyone who has several contacts to delete. Therefore, can you mass delete contacts on iPhone? Yes, you can. Here we will show you how to mass delete contacts on iPhone X/8/7/6/5 for free.
1: Can I Mass Delete Contacts on iPhone X/8/7/6/5?
By default, Apple lets you to erase the contacts you no longer require on your phone one at a time. It is essential to understand that when you delete a contact from your iPhone, it will be erased from your phone permanently.
Steps on how to delete a contact on iPhone:
Step 1: Tap and open your Contacts then tap the particular contact you wish to erase.
Step 2: Tap the Edit button.
Step 3: Scroll down to find the Delete option. Then tap Delete Contact.
Pros of using this method
- You do not need to download an app to do this procedure.
- Anyone can use this method.
Cons of using this method
- It does not permit you to delete mass iPhone contacts at the same time.
- It is time consuming to delete contacts one by one.
If you want to mass delete iPhone contacts for free, there are some useful tips on how to do this.
2: Mass Delete Contacts on iPhone x/8/7/6/5 via Free App
Although iPhone is designed by default to only allow you to delete one contact at a time, you can mass delete iPhone contacts using a free app. iMyFone App for iOS is a great app that lets you to mass delete contacts on iPhone in a fast and easy way. Here the main features of the iMyFone App for iOS:
Main Features of iMyFone App for iOS
Steps on how to mass delete contacts on iPhone with the free app
Step 1: Download and launch the iMyFone for iOS app on your iPhone.
Step 2: Tap on the Manage Contacts section on the app and then click OK that pops up to enable the app to access your contacts.
Step 3: Under Remove Contacts, tap View.
Step 4: Choose the contacts you would like to delete. For mass deletion, tap Select All at the top-right hand corner of app’s interface.
Step 5: Tap the Delete button at the bottom part of the interface and then click OK.
Step 6: Once it is done, you will see a Deletion Complete notification.
3: Mass Delete Contacts on iPhone X/8/7/6/5/ via Mac
With the help of Mac, you can mass delete contacts on iPhone. To do this, you will be required to first log in to the similar iCloud that your iPhone is signed in on your Mac. Then ensure that the Contacts icon is checked. To log in by doing the following:
1. Click and open System Preference and then go to iCloud.
2. Sign-in using the same credentials you always use whenever you sign in using your iPhone. Then check Contacts to enable syncing of the contacts across the devices.
Steps to mass delete contacts on iPhone via Mac
Step 1: Open the Contacts application on your Mac.
Step 2: Hold down the Command button on the keyboard and select all the contacts that you wish to get rid of.
Step 3: Right click to expand the command and click Delete Cards. Then confirm delete.
Advantages of using this method
- You do not need to download any apps to use this method.
- It works well with both your devices.
Disadvantages of using this method
- You must let your iPhone sync with your Mac in order to carry out mass deletion.
- You must own a Mac to use this method.
4: Mass Delete Contacts on iPhone X/8/7/6/5 Contacts via PC
Step 1: On your PC’s browser, open iCloud.com and sign in using the same Apple ID you used to sign into iCloud using your iPhone.
Step 2: Select Contacts.
Step 3: Hold down CTRL and click on the specific contacts you want to delete.
Step 4: On your keyboard, press the Delete key.
Step 5: Confirm Delete.
Pros of using this method
- It allows you to delete your contacts permanently.
- It is easy and can be done by anyone as long as you follow the right steps.
- You do not have to download an expensive app to perform this procedure.
- It does not use your iPhone memory.
Cons of using this method
- You cannot perform this procedure without a PC.
- It takes time since you must sign into iCloud to access your contacts before deleting the ones you want.
- Your PC’s browser must be up to date to allow you perform this procedure.
It is clear to say that mass deleting contacts on your iPhone is not an easy process. With different methods on how to mass delete contacts on iPhone X/8/7/6/5, the most efficient and convenient method is by using iMyFone App for iOS. When you choose to use the normal procedure of deleting one contact at a time, you might spend hours to delete a few contacts. But with iMyFone App, you can mass delete contacts from anywhere and at any time. Additionally, it is a free app meaning that you do not have to pay for it. So, what are you waiting for? Download the iMyFone App for iOS today and make use of this amazing free app. Feel free to leave your needs for contacts below.