You may need create a backup of your iPhone before upgrading to a new device. In addition to that, if you are a responsible iPhone user, you will create regular backups of your iOS device as a precautionary act. In general, backing up your iOS device is a straightforward process. However, at certain instances, some iOS device users find that they iPhone won’t backup to iTunes. It is needless to mention how troublesome such experience is. You will feel like that all of your valuable data stored in the respective iOS device is at a risk. But the good news is that if you cannot backup iPhone to iTunes, that is totally fixable and the purpose of this article is to explain how to do it.
Part 1: Why Cannot Backup iPhone to iTunes?
In general, backing up your iPhone to iTunes must be a really easy process. To create a backup, you will need your iOS device, a computer, cable and iTunes software. However, you cannot backup iPhone to iTunes due to a couple of reasons even with the presence of all the above aspects.
- Outdated iTunes
You cannot backup iPhone to iTunes due to outdated iTunes. In fact, outdated iTunes is a very common reason.
- An Issue Related to Cable
Your iPhone won’t backup to iTunes if your cable is malfunctioning or if there is something wrong with the USB port.
- Existence of Old Backups
In certain cases, old backup files may affect your backing up process. However, if you replace thm, this won't be an issue.
Part 2: How to Fix iPhone Won't Backup to iTunes
Listed below are methods you can use to fix this issue.
1Change a New USB Cable
All you need is to buy a new USB cable which is supplied by Apple. Then change to the new one and retry it.
2Restart iPhone and Computer
For iPhone X
- Press and hold both the Side button and a volume button simultaneously.
- Drag the slider to turn the device off.
- Press and hold the side button again.
For iPhone 8 and Earlier
- Press and hold the top or side button.
- Drag the slider.
- Press and hold the top or side button again.
3Update iTunes to Latest Version
- Open the App store.
- Click on updates.
- Click Install if it has any updates available.
- Launch iTunes.
- Go to Help and Select Check for Updates.
- Install the latest version.
4Update All Apps on iPhone
- Tap App Store icon.
- Tap the Updates icon.
- Then tap on Update All.
- Provide the password when prompted and wait.
5Check Security Software on Computer
If you are using a Windows 8 or newer, you have the protection of Windows Defender. If you are using Windows 7, you should:
- Go to start, Control Panel and check for System and Security.
- Click on Review your computer’s status.
- Expand security option and see if you have any software under Virus Protection system.
If none of the above options are working, you will have to find an alternative create a backup of your iPhone.
Part 3: Alternative Way if iPhone Won’t Backup to iTunes
Even if none of the above methods works for you, you don’t need to be discouraged. The good news is that you have a very reliable way to address this issue. You can backup your iPhone using iMyFone D-Port Pro.
Main Features of iMyFone D-Port Pro
- It allows you to create a backup and restore different types of files separately.
- You can backup files like Messages, WhatsApp, WeChat separately.
- It doesn’t overwrite the existing backups.
- It can restore iTunes, iCloud or iMyFone files as you wish.
- It is compatible with more than 18 types of data.
Selectively Backup iPhone Data with Backup & Restore Tool
- Go to Back Up & Export from Device.
- Click on Back Up WeChat.
- Then click Back Up and wait for the process to be completed.
- At the completion of the process, you will be able see a message.
You can either preview them or extract them directly.
Make a Full Backup of iPhone without Overwriting Previous Backups
- Go to Back Up & Export from Device and select Make a Full Backup.
- Then, on the following screen, you will have to click Back Up and the program will start the process.
- At the completion of this process, you will get a notification saying the success.
You can either preview or extract data from this backup depending on your need.
Selectively Restore Important Data to iPhone
- Select Restore Backup to Device from the left panel and choose a WhatsApp backup to continue.
- Click "Next" when the program offers you an option to restore.
- You can preview the listed data and confirm whether what you need after scanning.
- You can view and use the WhatsApp data on your device once this restore finishes successfully.
Fully Restore Backup to iPhone
- Go to Restore Full Backup. Make sure your device is connected to the computer.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to restore a full backup. If you select to restore a full backup, the existing data will be overwritten. So, be sure that you are OK with it before pressing the ‘Next’ button.
- Wait patiently until the program restores the data on iOS device.
- At the completion of the process, you can view the data restored.
As an iOS device user, you may try the above-mentioned options and try to fix “iPhone cannot backup to iTunes” or “Cannot backup iPhone to iTunes” issue. After succeeding with the assistance of any of the above methods, we really hope you can kindly leave a comment about your experience and other readers will find your comments to be really helpful.