If your child spends a lot of time on their phone, you may begin to become suspicious of the conversations they are having and with whom. One of the most commonly used forms of communication among the younger population is text messages. In fact, it can safely be said that most teenagers spend more time texting with their friends than they do making phone calls or on social media.
It is therefore worth noting that the best way you can track your child’s communications is to gain access to the messages they send and receive. Taking their phone and scrolling through their messages will often show them that you don’t trust them. The same is true of installing software on their device that they can find and know of your activities. The good news is, there are several ways you can read their text messages without installing software on their devices or without them finding. This article shares the best ways to do this.
1. Why You Want to Read Someone’s Text Messages
Before we get to the various methods you can use to read someone’s text messages, let’s discuss why you might want to do that in the first place. The following are just some of the reasons to read someone else’s text messages;
- Parents with children especially teenagers may want to read their child’s text messages to keep the child from talking to strangers who may harm then in some way. You may also want to read a child’s messages if you suspect that they might be lying to you.
- Employees who want to keep track of their employees may also want to read their text messages. This is especially true if you suspect that your employees are sharing sensitive information with the competition.
- You may also want to read your partner or spouse’s text messages if you think that they might be cheating on you.
2. Read Someone’s Text Messages via SMS Track for Android
For Android devices you can use one of the many Text message track apps available to read someone’s text messages. Three of the best include the following;
SMS Back UP +
It is not intended to be a track app but you can still use it to read your child’s or spouse’s SMS messages. It works by creating a backup of all messages on the device to a Gmail account. Therefore, you can simply install the app on the device and enter your Gmail address to have all the messages forwarded to you.
SMS Tracker is another app that you can use to monitor the text messages on the target device. You have to first of all install the app on the target phone and go through a simple registration process. Once this is complete, you will be able to easily log in on the SMS Tracker dashboard online and view all the messages on the target device. But the target device owner will know you have installed the app and may therefore remove it at any point.
This is a tracker app that offers you the advantage of tracking up to 8 devices on one subscription, making it ideal if you have multiple children. Aside from providing you information about the text messages on the device, you’ll also be able to see and read recently deleted messages. It also has a feature that allows you to view and approve photos before they are sent in a text message or posted on social media.