Dropping your iPad for the first time can be scary and nerve-racking. The majority of people are lucky and find that there are only a few scratches, but in some cases, you might encounter an iPad green or red screen. Most people will instantly think that it’s a hardware issue even though it often isn’t, so we’ll show you how to fix iPad green/red screen.
- Backing up iPad Data First before Fixing
- Fix 1: Restart Your iPad
- Fix 2: Connect Your iPad to A Computer
- Fix 3: Update Your iPad to Latest iOS Version
- Fix 4: Restore Your iPad in Recovery Mode
- Fix 5: Restore Your iPad to Factory Settings
- Fix 6: Use A Third-Party Tool to Fix iPad Screen Become Green/Red
- Fix 7: Contact Apple Store
- Tip: Restoring Your Backup after Fixing If You Need
Backing up iPad Data First before Fixing
Before you try any of the methods that we’re going to discuss in this article, take a few minutes to back up your iPad data first. Data loss can occur randomly, especially when problems like the iPad red or green screen arises, so you can use iMyFone D-Port Pro to take a backup prior to attempt a fix. Here are some key features of this program.
- Selectively backup the data stored on an iOS device.
- Restore data from iTunes and iCloud backups.
- Extract specific files from a backup file.
- Support most iOS devices, models, and versions.
Now that you’re aware of iMyFone D-Port Pro and the features it includes. Here’s how to take a full backup on iDevices via it.
- From the sidebar, choose “Back Up & Export from Device” and connect your iPad using a lightning cable.
- On the following display, click on “Make a Full Backup” and then “Back Up”.
- Don’t disconnect your iPad at any point as this could result in data loss. Once the backup has been taken successfully, you can disconnect your iPad safely.
Alternatively, you can choose to only backup your text messages (WhatsApp or WeChat). Follow the steps below to do this.
- Click on “Back Up & Export from Device” and connect your iPad.
- We’ll be using “Back Up Messages” for this example. You can also choose WeChat or WhatsApp to continue.
- Click on “Back Up” at the bottom-right and after a few minutes, your messages will be backed up.
After backing up your personal data, we can now move on and show you how to fix iPad green/red screen.
Fix 1: Restart Your iPad
Sometimes technology related problems can be fixed by simply turning it off and on, so try restarting your iPad.
- Hold down the lock button at the top of your iPad. When the slider appears, swipe it to turn off your iPad.
- Wait a few minutes to ensure that your iPad is completely turned off.
- Hold the lock button for a few seconds until you see the Apple icon.
Fix 2: Connect Your iPad to A Computer
Another solution is simply connecting your iPad to a computer.
- Using a USB cable, connect your iPad to a computer.
- Leave the iPad plugged in for about 10 minutes or so.
- After some time, the Apple logo should appear, and the issue should be resolved.
Fix 3: Update Your iPad to Latest iOS Version
If your iPad hasn’t got the most recent iOS version installed, this could prevent the iPad red/green screen of death from fixing itself.
- Connect your iPad to a computer and launch iTunes.
- Once the iPad is detected, click on the “Summary” tab and then on “Check for Updates”.
- If an update is available, click on the “Update” button to confirm the installation.
Fix 4: Restore Your iPad in Recovery Mode
Recovery mode can be useful for fixing a range of different iOS device issues, including iPad red/green screen.
- Start by turning off your iPad and closing iTunes. Connect your iPad to the computer if you haven’t done so already.
- Press and hold “Home” button as well as “Lock” button at the top of your iPad until you are prompted to connect to iTunes.
- When your iPad has been detected, iTunes will give you some options. Click on “Update” and iTunes will now download and reinstall the most recent iOS version.
Fix 5: Restore Your iPad to Factory Settings
No results so far? Your next option is to perform a factory reset. By doing this, unfortunately, all your personal data will be wiped.
- Launch iTunes, connect your iPad, and click on the “Summary” tab. You may be prompted to “Trust This Computer”, make sure that you select trust.
- From the Summary menu, click on “Restore iPad…” and read the notification which appears.
- Your iPad will be completely wiped to its factory state and the iOS will be reinstalled.
Fix 6: Use A Third-Party Tool to Fix iPad Screen Become Green/Red
If none of the other fixes has helped you so far, you can try iMyFone iOS System Recovery to do this.
- Fix iOS issues such as iPad stuck on Apple logo screen.
- Available on both Windows and Mac computers.
- Easy to use and efficient at fixing iOS problems.
While iMyFone iOS System Recovery can’t fix hardware related problems, if there are any iOS issues then they can be fixed easily.
- Launch your iPad and open iMyFone iOS System Recovery. From the main menu click on “Standard Mode”. You’ll be prompted to put your device into DFU/Recovery Mode. Use the steps shown on screen if you don’t already know how.
- Enter the requested information about your iPad and click “Download”. The relevant firmware will be downloaded and reinstalled on your iPad within a few minutes.
After following these steps, if your problem is still there then try using “Advanced Mode” instead. Be aware that it will wipe all of your personal data and make them unrecoverable.
Fix 7: Contact Apple Store
At this point, if your iPad still isn’t working properly, the issue could be hardware related. You need head to an Apple store and have a professional look at it.
Tip: Restoring Your Backup after Fixing If You Need
On the other hand, if one of the fixes above helped but they led to data loss, then you can use iMyFone D-Port Pro to restore your previous backup.
- Launch iMyFone D-Port Pro and choose “Restore Backup to Device”. From the list of backups, select the most recent one that you previously take before fixing the issue.
- Connect your iPad and on the next menu and click “Restore Full Backup”.
- Click on “Next” and after a few minutes, your iPad’s data will be restored.
Finding out how to fix iPad green or red screen can take some time, especially considering every situation is different. Fortunately, with our guide and the help of iMyFone D-Port Pro, you can fix the problem with ease. Make sure that before you try anything in this article, you are supposed to take a backup of your iPad’s data using iMyFone D-Port Pro which is very important. Feel free to discuss this guide in the comments below.