Just a few hours ago, a client drop an urgent inquiry with the caption "What are the True Features and Efficient Alternative to iBackupUnlocker" and it read thus:
"I lost the iCloud account to my iPhone 7 Plus and have tried everything possible to recover it but failed. Hence, I resorted to wiping off the device settings and lock screen using a screen unlocking software. Now, I'm trying to restore my files from iTunes backup but it seems I have forgotten my iTunes encryption password too.
I went online to search for solutions to unlock my encrypted iTunes backup files and found iBackupUnlocker. Please, I would like to know everything about this tool and if possible a better alternative software. Thanks
If your case is similar to the one quoted above, or you're experiencing iTunes backup encryption password issue that is similar to the above, then this article will introduce the function of iBackupUnlocker and its excellent alternative.
Introduction to iBackupUnlocker
There are several software and tools that claim to decrypt iTunes backup encryption password, and iBackupUnlocker is one of them but with a little difference. If you made a backup of your iTunes files but can't remember your password, the iBackupUnlocker tool can assist you to recover your password without many complications.
This tool is a little bit better than most rudimentary methods of recovery iTunes backup password, it's also simple to use, and can analyze an encryption process and get your password back in a few hours.
Features of iBackup Unlocker
- Recover encrypted iTunes backup file password without destroying your important backup files.
- The software user-interface is simple to navigate and non-tech users may not have a problem using this tool.
- Offer three (3) types of attack when recovering your iTunes backup password.
- compatible with most versions of iTunes and Windows PC.
- Offer GPU acceleration for Pro version users only.
How to Use iBackupUnlocker to Unlock iTunes Backup
If you want to use SmartKey iBackupUnlocker for iTunes backup password recovery, then follow the steps below:
Step 1. Download the Windows version of iBackupUnlocker and install it on your computer. Launch the software on your computer, and it will be on the Home page.
Step 2. Now, click "Open" to navigate you to default folder where your iTunes files are stored.
Step 3. Select one of the three attack types:
- Brute-Force Attack
If you choose the Brute Force Attack, the program will try every possible combination of letters, symbols, and numerals by default until it picks one that matches your password. This method may take days or even weeks to recover the password.
- Brute-force with Mask Attack
If you have an idea of the password length, possible character combinations, and other clues, then you can use the brute force with mask attack.
- Dictionary Attack
SmartKey recommends his option for everyone because of its fast outcome. You can select "Built-in dictionary" or "Customized dictionary".
Step 4: When you've selected an attack mode, then click "Start" to crack the password. You can also pause the process by clicking "Stop" and save the project, and you can restart at a later time or date.
Limitations of iBackupUnlocker
- If the password is complicated and long, it may take weeks to recover the password.
- The software is not affordable at $49.99 for the Pro version.
After weighing the pros and cons of iBackupUnlocker that were outlined above, then you would agree with me that this tool in question is not an efficient iTunes backup unlocker and we won't recommend it for you. Hence, we'll introduce you to a new, easy and effective iTunes backup password recovery software that would help you a lot.
Excellent Alternative to iBackupUnlocker - iTunes Backup Password Unlocker
iMyFone KeyGenius is the perfect alternative to iBackupUnlocker and an efficient tool for unlocking iTunes backup password and iPhone encryption settings. In all frustrating situations, KeyGenius can decode encrypted iTunes backup password. It uses its advanced algorithm to decrypt an encrypted password, which leads to a high success rate in every trial.
Key Features of iMyFone KeyGenius
- Unlocks encrypted iTunes backup password and removes iPhone encryption settings.
- Decodes password for iTunes backup in all scenarios and frustrating situations.
- Support to save the unlocking progress and restart from the remembered progress at anytime you want.
- Fully compatible with all versions of iTunes even to iTunes 12.9.
- Uses an advanced algorithm to decrypt iTunes backup password, which leads to a 100% high success rate.
How to Recover iTunes Backup Password with iMyFone KeyGenius
To decode iTunes backup encryption password using iMyFone KeyGenius, will have to download, install and launch a trial or licensed version of iMyFone KeyGenius on your PC or Mac. Then, follow the steps outlined in the paragraphs below to complete the process:
Step 1. When KeyGenius is launched on your computer, select "Unlock iTunes Backup" from the Home interface.
Step 2. The program will list out all your iTunes backup files, you can choose the one you want to unlock and click "Next".
Step 3. Select an Unlocking method from the 3 options:
- Dictionary attack
- Brute-force attack
- Brute-attack with Mask attack
Step 4: Click "Start to Unlock" tab to start the unlock process.
In all that we have discussed so far in this comprehensive review on the guide and alternative to iBackupUnlocker, you must have seen the following:
- That using iMyFone KeyGenius (a more sophisticated, effective and efficient iTunes backup password decoding and decrypting software) would be more profitable than using iBackupUnlocker.
- That the features of KeyGenius outweigh that of iBackupUnlocker.
Therefore, we urge you to get a trial or licensed version of iMyFone KeyGenius for easy, fast and effective iTunes backup password recovery.