I was trying to restore my iPhone 6S using iTunes, and then reality struck me hard. I tried different backup passwords, but nothing seemed to work. And, that’s when I realized that my iPhone backup password was not working. However, I held my calm and started searching for useful solutions to retrieve my iPhone backup password. During my research, I realized I was not alone, and there are many iPhone users across the globe who face the same problem. Nevertheless, I came across a few useful iPhone backup password not working hacks and will discuss them here. Read on to know more.
Unlock iPhone Backup without Password
If you’re struggling to restore your old iPhone backup, but the password is not working. Then this solution is the best choice for you. This problem may be caused by incorrect password input or you just can't remember it clearly. Don't worry! iMyFone KeyGenius can come to your rescue. It is an extremely reliable iPhone backup recovery tool that has been crafted to help iPhone users quickly decode iTunes backup. The software is convenient to use, and there is a plethora of features that allow you to recover your iPhone backup password in no time.
- Easily recover your iPhone backup password without losing any data.
- This tool uses advanced algorithms to ensure 100% decryption rate.
- The solution provides iDevice users with 3 powerful ways to crack iTunes backup.
- Simply disable iTunes backup encryption without password in just a few seconds.
- KeyGenius also eliminates the backup encryption settings on all iDevices, so that you can change a new password easily.
How to use iMyFone KeyGenius to unlock iPhone backup without password?
Step 1: Open iMyFone KeyGenius on your PC or Mac, select the “Unlock iTunes Backup” option.
Step 2: Pick the iTunes backup from the backup list and hit the “Next” button to move to the next step.
Step 3: Now pick a mode. You can choose from 3 types of attacks – Dictionary Attack, Brute Force Attack, and Brute Force with Mask Attack. Once you’ve chosen a method, click “Start” to begin the unlocking process.
Step 4: Once the system finds your password, you’ll be led to an interface that will display the password.
That’s it. You can use the recovered password to access iTunes backup.
Reset iPhone Backup Password
If you have troubles to disable iPhone backup encryption or change a new password, you can use this method to remove the old password. Follow these simple steps to create a new encrypted or unencrypted backup using the password reset method.
Pro tip: With this method, you won’t be able to access your old iTunes backup. You can only use iTunes to back up your current data and create a new backup password.
- Open “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Open “General” and click the “Reset” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Pick the “Reset All Settings” and reset the password of your iPhone.
- Click “Reset All Settings” again to confirm. You won’t lose any media or user data; only settings such as home screen layout, brightness of the screen, and the wallpaper will be reset. The encrypted backup password will also be removed.
- Once again, connect your iPhone to iTunes and create a new backup. If you don't Make sure you deselect the “Encrypt iPhone backup” option.
Use an iCloud Backup instead
If your iPhone backup password is not working on iTunes, and you are getting tired of it, you can back up and restore data using iCloud as an alternative without any intervention. Follow these steps to unlock iPhone backup password using iCloud.
Pro tip: iCloud is a monthly paid service if you device is running out of 5GB free storage. Check out the plans.
1. Create a backup to iCloud
- Open “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Click your “Username” on the settings screen.
- On the next screen, click the “iCloud Backup” option.
- Toggle the “iCloud Backup” button toward the right side to switch it on and click the “Backup Now” button to begin the backup process.
2. Restore a backup from iCloud
To recover data using iCloud, you’ll have to reset your iPhone as restoration can only take place using the Hello screen.
- Using the “Settings” app, go to General>Reset>Reset All Content and Settings. Please be aware this step will remove all data on your device.
- Once your iPhone restarts, you’ll notice the Hello screen. Follow the on-screen steps to land on the “Apps and Data” screen.
- Then click the “Restore from iCloud Backup” button.
- In the next step, log in to iCloud using your Apple ID and password. Pick a backup after which the restoration process will begin.
Now that you’ve seen different methods to solve the problem of iPhone backup password not working, you can try the one that best suits your requirement or test all the methods to successfully restore, disable or change your iPhone backup password. iMyFone KeyGenius is the best solution to solve iTunes backup password issues, it helps you easily find back your backup password and there won't be any data loss. Why not try it now?