I was trying to restore my iPhone 6S using iTunes, and then reality struck me hard. I tried different backup passwords, but nothing seemed to work. And, that’s when I realized that my iPhone backup password was not working. However, I held my calm and started searching for useful solutions to retrieve my iPhone backup password. During my research, I realized I was not alone, and there are many iPhone users across the globe who face the same problem. Nevertheless, I came across a few useful iPhone backup password not working hacks and will discuss them here. Read on to know more.
How to Unlock iPhone Backup Password with KeyGenius?
If you’re struggling to retrieve your iPhone backup password to unlock encrypted backup, iMyFone KeyGenius can come to your rescue. It is an extremely reliable tool that has been crafted to help iPhone users quickly decode iTunes backup. The software is convenient to use, and there is a plethora of features that allow you to recover your iPhone backup password in no time.
- Simply disable iTunes backup encryption without password in just a few quick steps.
- This tool uses advanced algorithms to ensure 100% decryption rate.
- The solution provides iDevice users with 3 powerful ways to crack iTunes backup.
- Easily recover your password without losing any data.
- KeyGenius also eliminates the backup encryption settings on all iDevices, so that you can change a new password easily.
How to use iMyFone KeyGenius to unlock iPhone backup without password?
Step 1: Open iMyFone KeyGenius on your PC or Mac, select the “Unlock iTunes Backup” option.
Step 2: Pick the iTunes backup from the backup list and hit the “Next” button to move to the next step.
Step 3: Now pick a mode. You can choose from 3 types of attacks – Dictionary Attack, Brute Force Attack, and Brute Force with Mask Attack. Once you’ve chosen a method, click “Start” to begin the unlocking process.
Step 4: Once the system finds your password, you’ll be led to an interface that will display the password.
That’s it. You can use the recovered password to access iTunes backup.
How to Reset the iPhone Backup Password?
For iPhones using iOS 11 or later, you can create a fresh encrypted backup by resetting the password. Follow these simple steps to create a new encrypted backup using the password reset method:
- Open “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Open “General” and click the “Reset” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Pick the “Reset All Settings” and reset the password of your iPhone.
- Click “Reset All Settings” again to confirm. You won’t lose any media or user data; only settings such as home screen layout, brightness of the screen, and the wallpaper will be reset. The encrypted backup password will also be removed.
- Once again, connect your iPhone to iTunes and create a new backup. Make sure you deselect the “Encrypt Local Backup” option.
Pro tip: With this method, you won’t be able to access your old iTunes backup. You’ll only be able to use iTunes to back up your current data and create a new backup password.
Use an iCloud Backup instead
If your iPhone backup password is not working on iTunes, you can back up and restore data using iCloud without any intervention of a special tool. Follow these steps to unlock iPhone backup password using iCloud:
Create a backup to iCloud
- Open “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Click your “Username” on the settings screen.
- On the next screen, click the “iCloud Backup” option.
- Toggle the “iCloud Backup” button toward the right side to switch it on and click the “Backup Now” button to begin the backup process.
Recover data using iCloud
To recover data using iCloud, you’ll have to reset your iPhone as restoration can only take place using the Hello screen.
- Using the “Settings” app, go to General>Reset>Reset All Content and Settings. Please be aware this step will remove all data on your device.
- Once your iPhone restarts, you’ll notice the Hello screen. Follow the on-screen steps to land on the “Apps and Data” screen.
- Then click the “Restore from iCloud Backup” button.
- In the next step, log in to iCloud using your Apple ID and password. Pick a backup after which the restoration process will begin.
Now that you’ve seen different methods to solve the problem of iPhone backup password not working, you can try the one that best suits your requirement or test all the methods to successfully restore iPhone backup password.