iTunes backup encryption is an extremely useful feature that allows you to protect your backups from unauthorized access. However, if you forget the iTunes backup password, then it will be quite a hassle for you as you will be encountered with iTunes backup password incorrect issue. Fortunately, password recovery is possible.
iTunes Backup Password Incorrect? Find Your Password Now!
One of the best and the easiest ways to find correct iTunes backup password is by using a professional iTunes password recovery tool. iMyFone KeyGenius is a recommended tool in this regard.
iMyFone KeyGenius is a powerful iPhone Backup Unlocker that has 3 advanced attack methods to help you quickly solve the "iTunes backup password incorrect" issue. It has a user-friendly interface and its successful password recovery rate is very high. So, you can rest easy knowing that you will be able to find your correct iTunes backup password quickly and conveniently.
- Quickly find your correct iTunes backup password.
- 3 different iTunes password recovery methods. You can try each attack method one-by-one until your password is successfully recovered.
- Finding iTunes backup password via KeyGenius is 100% safe as the software does not damage or corrupt the backups during the decoding process.
- Fully compatible with variety of iOS devices as well as all the latest iTunes versions.
Steps to Solve "iTunes Backup Password Incorrect" Issue
First, you need to install & launch iMyFone KeyGenius on your PC.
Step 1. From the main interface of KeyGenius, click on Unlock iTunes Backup mode.
Step 2. On the next screen, you will see the list of your iTunes backups. From that list, choose the encrypted backup you desire and then click on the Next button.
Step 3. Next, choose an unlock method. You can choose from three different unlocking methods.
Step 4. After selecting your preferred unlocking method, click on the Start to Unlock button. KeyGenius will start the iTunes backup password recovery process. Wait till the process is complete. If the recovery is successful, you will see your iTunes backup password on the next screen.
Bonus 1: Why You Should Encrypt Your iTunes Backups
As mentioned above, iTunes backup encryption is a very useful feature as it allows you to protect and secure your personal information stored in your backups, such as contact information, email account passwords, etc. Once your iTunes backup is encrypted, no one will be able to look through the backup and your valuable information as they will need to provide the correct password in order to decrypt the backup first.
Apart from your personal information, backup encryption is also useful when it comes to protecting your location data. The location data is also stored in iTunes backup. So, by encrypting your backup, you will make sure that no one can access your location data. Although location data is usually not a big concern, but if you want to secure it from unauthorized access, then it is good to know that it is possible via iTunes backup encryption feature.
Last but not least, there are many non-security related reasons for encrypting your backups. These include ease of access when restoring your backups as you won't have to input your stored passwords upon backup restoration. This makes the transition from one iDevice to another much easier.
Bonus 2: How to Turn Off iTunes Backup Encryption
Disabling iTunes backup encryption is a straightforward process. Follow these instructions:
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- Connect your iDevice via lightning cable to your PC.
- In iTunes, click on the Summary tab of your connected iDevice's settings and then find and unmark the options called "Encrypt iPhone backup".
- Now you will need to provide the iTunes backup encryption password. Input the password and click on OK button. iTunes will now start creating backup of your connected iDevice. The new backup created will not have any encryption.
iTunes backup password encryption is extremely useful. However, if you forget the password, then finding the backup password is the only viable solution. Fortunately, iTunes backup password recovery is possible. It is highly recommended that you use iMyFone KeyGenius for this purpose because it is easy to use and has a very high successful iTunes backup password recovery rate.