The Apple iPhone is a wonderful phone, but you can find it very frustrating when it becomes really hard for you to listen to your favorite songs on your phone. If you are currently having headaches with adding music to your iPhone with iTunes, your trouble days are over - this article will walk you through the most useful methods that will enable you successfully add music to your iPhone with/without iTunes.
How to Add Music to Your iPhone from iTunes with/without iTunes
iTunes is the Apple official music manager software, therefore, there are 2 traditional ways to add music to your iPhone using iTunes: one is add music manually, and the other is add music automatically.
1. How to Add Music to Your iPhone from iTunes Manually with iTunes
This method involves manual dragging of music files to your iPhone from iTunes.
How to Manually Add Music From iTunes to iPhone
Step 1: With your USB cable, connect your iPhone to your computer.
Step 2: Immediately your iPhone is connected to your computer, iTunes should open automatically – this shows that it has detected your iPhone. In a situation where iTunes doesn’t launch automatically, you'll need to open it manually.
Step 3: Once you have iTunes opened, simply click the iPhone icon that can be found in the upper left corner of your screen. You will see a summary of your iPhone's specifications, including information on backups and syncing preferences.
Step 4: Click “Music” in the left sidebar. At the top of the screen, check the box that’s beside Sync Music. If you would like to sync your entire songs on your computer, check the box next to “Entire music library”.
- However, if you have specific songs you’d like to sync, check the box next to “Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres.” If you have selected to choose your specific songs, you will need to manually select the songs you want to sync.
Step 5: Click the “Sync Music” button (it is located at the lower right corner of the screen). You should see your iTunes start transferring your selected songs to your iPhone. This process may take several minutes to complete. Immediately your iPhone has finished syncing with the iTunes software, you can disconnect your iPhone.
2. How to Add Music to Your iPhone from iTunes Automatically with iTunes
This method involves the configuration of your iTunes to automatically Sync your entire music library or select specific file types to sync. This means that iTunes will automatically update your phone to match any changes made to your library since the last sync every time you connect your phone to your PC.
How to Manually Add Music From iTunes to iPhone
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your computer with your USB cable.
Step 2: Select the type of media you want to sync (of course we are selecting music files).
Step 3: Check the box next to “Sync,” and select the items you would like to synchronize automatically every time you connect your device.
Step 4: Click on the “Apply” button.
3. Easier Way to Add Music to Your iPhone without iTunes
iTunes is a good way to add music to your iPhone, but it comes with some restrictions which are disadvantageous to iPhone users:
- You can’t add music from more than one iTunes library – if you did, your phone will be erased and you will lose important data.
- You can only add music to your iPhone if installed iTunes and your iPhone have a mutual Apple ID.
- You can’t share music with as many devices as you wish.
However, with the use of iTunes alternatives, you can bypass all these restrictions. iMyFone TunesMate is a really powerful software that has been carefully programmed to help you add music to your iPhone from iTunes without experiencing the whole demerits that iTunes bring to table.
iMyFone TunesMate gives you almost total control over iTunes and your iPhone and it enables you to transfer data from unlimited libraries to unlimited iPhone devices. Below are some of the beneficial key features you get to enjoy by using iMyFone TunesMate.
- Transfer music from iTunes to iPhone without erasing the old data on iPhone.
- Export iPhone music to PC/iTunes, or sync PC/iTunes music library to iPhone.
- Ability to transfer music (purchased or not) from the iTunes store.
- Ability to share music with unlimited iPhone devices, even with ones with Apple IDs.
- Received lots of positive media reviews and is full compatible with iOS 11.
1-Click to Add Music to Your iPhone Using iMyFone TunesMate
Step 1: Download and install iMyFone TunesMate to your PC, and then connect your iPhone to with your USB cable; launch the iMyFone TunesMate application.
Step 2: Click “Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice.”
Step 3: Select what type of media you want to sync (we’re selecting music), and click “Transfer.” After it is done, select OK.
There you have it! Adding songs to your iPhone is pretty simpler than you think. Following the different procedures explained in this article will help you add music successfully to your iPhone device.