When I updated iOS, all my songs appeared on my phone. I selected Settings > Music and turned "Show All Music" off. There are still songs that appear in my music files. I cannot drag my finger across them to get the Delete button like the other songs in my phone. How do I get rid of this music?! -- sdrobg from discussion.apple
Did you try to delete your songs on your phone, but it didn’t work? Even after you attempted to tap and delete individual songs and fiddled around in your settings, do you still see some of your music files? Errors like these can happen sometimes for a variety of reasons.
Why Can't I Delete Music from My iPhone?
Here are some of the reasons why you might be having trouble deleting music from your iPhone:
- Bugs in iOS. Sometimes weird things happen in iOS, like any other operating system, so you need to find a way around it.
- You have “Show All Music” enabled, which shows you music that you have on iCloud.
- You never actually downloaded the music on your iPhone in the first place, so obviously you can’t delete it, yet iOS is still showing it to you because you bought it.
In other words, one of the first things that you should do when this error happens to you is check to see if you have “Show All Music” (it is in Settings > Music) enabled. If so, try downloading the songs that you can’t delete (they’re probably not downloaded to your iPhone and are on the cloud). After that, disable “Show All Music” and then go ahead and delete the songs like normal.
If that doesn’t work, you’re going have to try method below, which will fix just about any problem of “can’t delete music from iPhone”.
How to Fix "Can't Delete Songs from iPhone"
To delete music from your iPhone without any annoying restrictions, you can use iMyFone TunesMate. This is an iOS device manager with many functions that allow you to transfer, manage, and delete your media with zero hassle. Here are some of its key features when it comes to helping you delete music easily:
- The music deleting function is completely free with the trial version.
- You can manage and delete music for unlimited devices.
- You can transfer music from iPhone to computer/external drive, and then delete it afterwards to save space.
- You can share music with unlimited devices that have different Apple IDs.
- You can add music to your iTunes library or extract music from your iTunes library without having to even open iTunes.
How to Fix “Can’t Delete Songs from iPhone” on TunesMate?
Step 1: Install iMyFone TunesMate to your computer. Connect your iPhone to a USB cable
Step 2: Open TunesMate. Click on the Music tap near the top of the window.
Step 3: When the new screen comes up, you can click Music on the sidebar as well, but it will probably already be selected by default. In the main part of the window, you will see a list of the music on your iPhone.
Step 4: Simply select what music you want to delete, and then click Delete near the top. When a dialog box pops up asking you if you’re sure, click Yes.
That’s really all there is to it. Your music should be deleted completely once you do this. Of course, if you want to delete files without a trace because you’re concerned about privacy, you might also want to check out iPhone Data Eraser.
Sometimes iOS can have annoying bugs that make it hard for you to do simple things like delete music from iPhone. Luckily, there are third-party tools that make these issues a lot easier to deal with. So if you find that you’re having problems deleting the music on your iPhone, don’t panic, just download iMyFone TunesMate. It will give you absolute freedom over your files and allow you to delete them however you want.