'Cannot connect to iTunes Store' is a common problem that many iPad users face. The problem can show up for a number of reasons and it can be very annoying because it stays there even after you restart the device. Fortunately, there are a number of solutions to fix this issue.
Top 5 Methods to Fix iPad 'Cannot Connect to iTunes Store' Issue
Following are some fixes you can try:
Before Attempting Other Fixes, Check Apple's System Status First
Apple System Status is a webpage that lists all the important services (iCloud, Stores, etc.) from Apple and their working status. You can visit that page (https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/) to check the status of iTunes Store. If there is a green circle beside the service, then it means it is working. If there is an orange triangle beside a service, then it means that there is some issue.
Sign Out and Then Sign Back into Apple ID
This is a simple fix for 'Cannot Connect to iTunes Store' on iPad. You can sign out/sign in using Settings app on your iPad.
- Open Settings on your iPad and navigate to iTunes & App Store.
- Select your Apple ID and then tap the Sign Out option.
- Now sign in again by returning to iTunes & App Store section, and selecting the Sign in option.
Check the Internet Connection
Poor internet connection is one of the primary reasons iPad cannot connect to iTunes Store. That's why it is recommended that you check your internet connection and make sure that it is working as expected. Try these troubleshooting step one by one:
- Turn off Wi-Fi on your iPad, wait for a few minutes and then turn it back on.
- Switch to another Wi-Fi network, if it is available.
- Check your internet connection by opening a website on your web browser.
- Contact your internet service provider if you cannot open any website on your web browser.
Update to the Latest iOS
iOS updates are equipped with many fixes and improvements, that's why they are very important and you should always use the latest iOS version in your iPad. If your iPad is facing connectivity issue with iTunes Store, then it is highly recommended that you update your iPad to the latest iOS. There is a high possibility that your problem will be fixed. Follow these instructions:
- Make sure your iPad is connected to a working Wi-Fi network.
- Open Settings and navigate to General > Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install to proceed.
Check Date and Time
This is one of the most popular methods that is used to solve various iDevice problems. Although it may seem like a smaller fix, it has been proven to solve issues such as "iPad cannot connect to iTunes Store" issue. That's why it is highly recommended that you check date and time and make sure that they are set automatically in your iPad. Follow these instructions:
- Open Settings on your iDevice.
- Navigate to General > Date & Time
- Now find an options called 'Set Automatically' and make sure that it is set to ON.
After performing the above mentioned steps, open iTunes Store and see if the problem is fixed.
Reset Network Settings
This is another fix that has been proven to solve many iPad issues. Whether you are using mobile data or a Wi-Fi connection, you can attempt this fix and see if it solves iTunes Store connectively problem in iOS.
First, perform these steps before proceeding to resetting network settings:
- Switch off your mobile data and then switch it back on.
- Make sure that your data plan is active.
- Open other applications or a website on Safari web browser and see if its opening without any issue. If it isn't then it means that the problem is related to your data carrier.
Then proceed to resetting your network settings. Follow these instructions:
- Open Settings on your iPad.
- Navigate to General > Reset and find and select Reset Network Settings.
- Input your passcode to confirm your action.
Keep in mind that once you reset the network settings, you will need to re-enter your Wi-Fi password to access the internet.
Bonus Tip: Best iTunes Alternative
Because of many issues (such as the one mentioned in this article), a lot of iPad owners find it convenient to use an iTunes alternative, and rightly so. A third-party iTunes alternative allows you to transfer and sync your iDevice files without any errors or bugs. iMyFone TunesMate is one such software that you can use. It is one of the best iTunes alternative that offers lots of useful features.
Following are some key features of TunesMate:
- Transfer files between your iDevice and computer/iTunes conveniently.
- Bypass limitations of iTunes.
- Transfer purchased as well as non-purchased media files without hassles.
- Rebuild corrupted iTunes library easily.
- Backup and restore all iDevice media within a few simple clicks.
- Safe file transfers; your previous data is not erased when syncing.
- Share your entire iTunes library with your friends.
- Customize ringtones from your iPhone music conveniently.