What Happens If You Reinstall iTunes?
The first thing that you should do before reinstalling iTunes is to update it. If you have a problem running iTunes, updating it will often help and you won’t need to reinstall.
Before you reinstall, make sure to deauthorize iTunes, and then reuathorize after you reinstall. iTunes should know that your computer is authorized without your having to do this, but you never know, so it’s better to be safe.
Everything saved in your Music folder should be fine in theory, but again you never know. It’s a good idea to back everything up just in case you lose everything. If you’re uninstalling iTunes because you’re going to wipe your entire hard drive, then of course you should definitely back up your songs and playlists or you will lose them.
How Do You Reinstall iTunes without Losing Playlists and Songs
If you’re going to uninstall and reinstall iTunes, then it’s a good idea to use software to help you back up your data just in case. The best software to use is iMyFone TunesMate.
It can back up your iTunes music, playlists, movies, TV shows, etc. onto your iPhone, and then you can restore the back up afterwards with just a few clicks. It supports just about all media files. You can back everything up all at once, or you can selectively transfer and restore files.
iMyFone TunesMate receives more and more positive reviews from increasing users and media.
How to reinstall iTunes without losing playlist and music? Just Back up first.
- Before you uninstall iTunes, install TunesMate, then connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod to your computer.
- Open TunesMate and click “Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice.”
- All the media files will be checked, you can click “Transfer” then.
- Once everything is on your device, then you can uninstall iTunes.
- Reinstall iTunes. Make sure it is the latest version.
- Launch TunesMate again. Ensure your device is connected to computer.
- Click “Transfer iDevice Media to iTunes” in TunesMate.
- Click “Start” so that it can begin scanning, choose what kind of media you want to transfer, then click “Start” again to transfer. Wait until it is done, then click “OK.”
With the steps above, you won’t lose any music or playlist after reinstalling. With the functions mentioned above, you can build up your iTunes library even from your friend’s device.
Tips to Manage iTunes / iPhone Music and Playlists
You can use iMyFone TunesMate to manage your music in other ways, too. With TunesMate, you can:
- Transfer songs to iPhone from computer/iTunes without deleting original songs from iPhone.
- Back up iPhone music to computer/external hard drive and restore backups anytime.
- Build up iTunes music/playlists library from different iOS devices.
- Delete duplicates automatically so that you can save space.
- Transfer both purchased and non-purchased music.
- Support music, movies, playlists, TV shows, iTunes U, podcasts, audiobooks, camera roll, etc.
With TunesMate, you’ll have lots of control over your iTunes music collection. Why not download the free version to have a try.