I want to install iTunes without QuickTime or Bonjour, all I use iTunes for is obtaining music and podcasts for the iPod. Is it essential to have QuickTime and Bonjour? - Regards, Rob
We are often faced with questions like the above one whenever we want to install the latest version of Apple’s iTunes. When installing iTunes, you will notice that the installer will install other components such as Apple Software Update, Bonjour, QuickTime, Mobile Device Support and Application Support, on the host system with no obvious option to opt out of the installation. When trying to download iTunes, Apple still gives Windows users a single installer package that clutters the hard disk of your PC with a bunch of unneeded files and components, and besides the fact that they are useless, most of these components are harmful to the security of your system and its overall reliability. However there is a way to tell you how to get iTunes without QuickTime.
How to Install iTunes without QuickTime
The only way to install iTunes without QuickTime is installing iTunes along with an installation of QuickTime Alternative this will make the program compatible with iTunes. QuickTime is a required component for the proper functioning of iTunes because QuickTime provides iTunes with encoding and playback functionality, and without this functionalities, the program may crash.
The following steps will guide you to install iTunes without QuickTime.
Step 1: Download and Install QuickTime Alternative.
Step 2: Download and Install QuickTime Alternative plugin.
Step 3: Finally download the custom installer of iTunes and run it.
What to do when You Already Installed iTunes with QuickTime
However, if you’ve already installed iTunes with QuickTime and don’t want the components again, you can do away with the programs you don’t need by using the control panel to uninstall the program by following the steps below.
Step 1: Open control pane on your windows computer.
Step 2: Click on Add or Remove Programs or Uninstall a Program.
Step 3: Then proceed to uninstall the components that you don’t need.
The Perfect Alternative to iTunes
A lot of individual install iTunes just for the sake of transferring media files to their iDevice, if you fall into this category, there is a perfect alternative to iTunes. So you don’t have to go through the hassles of installing iTunes without QuickTime. iMyFone TunesMate iPhone manager is a perfect replacement of the Apple’s official app for media transfer between iDevices and a computer. It does not only offer better transfer capability but the ease of usage and interface is an addition.
- Two-way transfer: You can easily move files from iDevices to iTunes/Windows and back without hassle with the software.
- Transfer non-purchased files: you can not only transfer apps and music purchased from Apple’s store but can also move files purchased from other sources and free downloaded files.
- Share without limits: It offers limitless sharing with friends and family, it doesn’t matter if the Apple ID is different, because it can be done with different IDs.
- Backup and restore: With the app, you can backup & restore iDevice iTunes data anytime.
- All media files supported: It supports all media include music, playlists, audiobooks, movies, TV shows, podcasts, iTunes U, photos, and many others.
How to Use TunesMate to Transfer iPhone Music to PC
Step 1: Download and install the iMyFone TunesMate app on your windows' computer. Launch the app and connect your iPhone with the USB cable.
Step 2: On the app’s window, click on the “Music” tab located at the top bar.
Step 3: The window in front of you is the music window. Next click “Add > Add File/Folder” to transfer music from your computer to iPhone.
How to Use TunesMate to Delete iPhone music
Deleting music files from your iPhone using Tunesmate is easy, follow these steps to perform the function.
Step 1: If you’ve downloaded and install the app, then launch it, however, if you’ve not, download it and install then launch.
Step 2: With the aid of your iPhone’s USB cable connect your device to your PC and wait for it to be recognized by your computer. You will see your device’s icon, click on it to access the content in it.
Step 3: Click on the music tab to view the files there, Select the files that you want to delete and click on delete to initiate the process. Click OK when done.
Why We Want to Use iTunes Alternative
You may be tempted to ask why you have to ditch the official app of Apple for the iMyFone TunesMate iPhone manager, below are some of the tangible reasons why the TunesMate offers a better alternative to iTunes.
1. First is the ease of transferring files between iDevices and iTunes and compute.
2. Another reason is the limitless transfer possibility, unlike the iTunes where you have to deal with too many limits when using it to sync files with your iDevice.
3. We’ve discussed the many software components that you have to deal with when installing iTunes especially as a window user. Using TunesMate, you will never worry about how to get iTunes without QuickTime.