Did you delete your purchases on iTunes recently to save room on your computer or iDevice, but you’re wondering how you might be able to restore them? Generally, you can restore your purchases on iTunes anytime you want. You can do this a few different ways: by using iTunes itself or by using a useful third-party application that we’ll discuss further below.
You can restore your purchases using several different methods, depending on which device you want to restore your purchases to. Let’s take a look:
1. How to Restore iTunes Purchases on PC or Mac
If it’s your computer that you want to restore your purchases iTunes to, try one of these methods:
1.1 Restore Purchases Directly on iTunes
Step 1: Launch iTunes on your Windows PC or Mac.
Step 2: Go up to the top and click Account, the click Purchased.
Step 3: You should now see a list of media that you purchased previously. You can download it by clicking on the cloud icon.
1.2 Restore Purchases on iTunes from iPhone/iPad/iPod
- Restore iTunes library from unlimited iOS device (even if the device has a different Apple ID), including purchase and non-purchases.
- Share music with your friends without restrictions.
- Two-way transfer to transfer purchases and non-purchases between iPhone and computer.
- Sync iTunes library to iPhone/iPad/iPod without any damage to iPhone data.
- Add and extract media from your iTunes library without even opening iTunes.
- Win lots of positive reviews from famous media, like Geekreply, tricksworldzz.com, etc
Steps to Restore Purchases to iTunes from iDevices
Step 1: Install TunesMate on your PC or Mac. Plug your iPhone into your computer.
Step 2: Click where it says “Transfer iDevice Media to iTunes.” Click Start.
Step 3: Choose what types of files you would like to transfer. Click Start. After the transfer is done, click Complete.
If you need to restore iTunes purchases selectively, you can head to “Music” or “Videos” tab on TunesMate and select the purchases to restore to iTunes library.
2. How to Restore iTunes Purchases on Your iPhone/iPad/iPod
2.1 Restore Purchases on iPhone/iPad/iPod in Bulk
You can restore all the purchased media to iPhone/iPad/iPod all at once using iMyFone TunesMate’s 1-click function. Just follow below to sync all purchased files from iTunes library to iPhone without data loss.
iMyFone TunesMate Using Steps:
Step 1: Connect your device to your computer and launch TunesMate.
Step 2: Click where it says “Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice.”
Step 3: Choose what kind of media you want to transfer from the categories provided, and click Transfer. After it’s done transferring, just click OK.
2.2 Restore Purchases on iPhone/iPad/iPod One By One (Time-Consuming)
This method is a little bit more time-consuming, but you can use functions that are already on your device:
a. For Music:
- On your device, go to the iTunes store app.
- With an iPad, tap Purchased > Music. With an iPhone/iPod, tap More > Purchased > Music.
- Tap where it says “Not on this [your name of device].”
- Look through the list of media and tap the cloud icon next to the purchases that you want to download.
b. For Movies & TV Shows
- Open up the TV or Video App.
- On the TV App, tap Library and then you can download from the list of media there. On the Video app, there should be a list of media for you to download right from the main screen.
c. For Books & Audiobooks
- Open up iBooks on your device.
- Tap Purchased, then tap Books or tap Audiobooks, depending on which you intend to download.
- Tap where it says “Not on [the type of device you’re using].”
- Now you can look through the different books and tap on the cloud icon to download them.
d. For Ringtones
- On iOS 11, tap Settings > Sounds & Haptics.
- Tap any sound, and then tap where it says “Download All Purchased Tones.”
Note: This doesn’t work with previous versions of iOS.