Most of the users, after connecting the iPhone to iTunes, complained of their iDevice not being recognized. This problem occurs when the users connect the iPhone with USB cable to the computers, but the iTunes does not synchronize properly with the iPhone. So, if your iPhone cannot connect to iTunes then refer these important steps to fix the errors.
- Method 1: Fix “0xE” Error When iPhone Not Connecting to iTunes
- Method 2: Alternative Way to Fix “iPhone Cannot Connect to iTunes”
- Method 3: iPhone Cannot Connect to iTunes on Mac? The Fixes!
- Method 4: iPhone Not Connecting to iTunes Windows? The Fixes!
- Method 5: 4 Common Scenarios and Fixes for “iPhone Cannot Connect to iTunes”
Fix “0xE” Error When iPhone Not Connecting to iTunes
Try to follow these steps if your iPhone does not connect to iTunes due to 0xE error. You can connect your iPhone again after each of these tips.
- One must have the latest version of iTunes that works on your computer.
- Check whether you have the latest version of Windows or Mac.
- Make sure your iPhone is turned on.
- Unlock your iPhone and click Trust, if "Trust this Computer" Alert appears.
- Unplug all the USB accessories from computer except your iPhone. Try out every USB port with the data cable. If this does not work then try out the different Apple USB cable.
- Reboot your computer and your iPhone.
- Check other computer to see it’s still the same thing or not. If other computers can’t detect your iPhone, then contact Apple Support.
Alternative Way to Fix “iPhone Cannot Connect to iTunes”
“iPhone not connecting to iTunes” issue is not easy for most of us to fix. Unluckily, it may be possible that this issue still can’t be fixed even after trying all the tips. If you want to save time, you should get rid of iTunes and turn to iTunes alternatives. It will be much easier.
1 To Sync iTunes Library to iPhone
If you want to sync iTunes library to iPhone, try iPhone data transfer which helps not only sync iTunes library to iPhone, but also extract files from iPhone to computer or iTunes. It overcomes all the limits of iTunes.
Here we take iMyFone TunesMate iPhone Transfer for example to explain what causes iPhone Data Transfer to be better than iTunes.
Why Choose iPhone Data Transfer Instead of iTunes?
- Sync iTunes files to iPhone without data loss, without erasing iPhone.
- Extract files from iPhone to computer, iTunes, external hard drive, including purchases and non-purchases.
- Share iTunes or iPhone music with friends, even in different Apple IDs.
- Directly move files from computer to iPhone without going through iTunes library.
- Rebuild your iTunes library without even opening iTunes.
- Transfer more than 10 media files inclusive of music, photos, playlists, videos, ringtones, podcasts, iTunes U, audiobooks etc.
TunesMate received unbiased review from famous media, like getintopc.com, tricksworldzz.com, crunchytricks.com, etc.
2 To Restore iPhone to Factory Settings
If you connect iPhone to iTunes expecting to restore your iPhone to factory settings, you can turn to iPhone Data Eraser which gives you option to reset your iPhone to factory settings, or reset iPhone data selectively.
Why Prefer iPhone Data Eraser to iTunes?
- All the data erased is completely destroyed with 0% recovery rate, safer than iTunes restore.
- Permanently reset iPhone data selectively, like messages, notes, call history, photos, videos, history, and 10+ more files.
- Previously deleted files will be found and completely wiped without traces.
- Third-party apps data is available to be permanently erased, like WhatsApp, Snapchat, Kik, etc.
- 1-click to clear useless cache, corrupted files, temp, cookies, and 25+ junk files for free.
iPhone Cannot Connect to iTunes on Mac? The Fixes!
If your iPhone still won't connect to iTunes Mac, then you can follow these steps:
Step 1: Hold the Option key and click Apple menu. Then choose System Report or System Information here.
Step 2: Select USB from the list on left side.
Step 3: Check you can find your device under “USB Device Tree” or not.
- If you see your iPhone, then uninstall third-party security software.
- If you cannot see the device, contact Apple Support.
iPhone Not Connecting to iTunes Windows? The Fixes!
In case, your iPhone doesn’t connect to iTunes windows, then follow these steps to reinstall the Apple Mobile Device USB drive:
Step 1: Disconnect your iPhone from PC.
Step 2: Reconnect your iPhone. If iTunes opens automatically, then close it.
Step 3: Hold down the Windows and R key on the keyboard at the same time and it will open Run Command.
Step 4: Enter this in Run Window: %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.
Step 5: Press OK.
Step 6: Right click the “usbaap164.inf” or “usbaapl.inf” file. Select Install. Here make sure to install the files that end with .inf.
Note: If you are not quite sure which file to install, right click on a black area in the File Explorer Window, choose View and then select Details to access the right type. You should install the Setup Information file.
Step 7: Disconnect your iPhone and reboot your PC.
Step 7: Reconnect your iPhone and open iTunes.
4 Common Scenarios and Fixes for “iPhone Cannot Connect to iTunes”
Here we show you 4 common scenarios for “iPhone not connecting to iTunes”. If you are in the same situation, follow the corresponding solutions to fix.
Case 1: iTunes detects iPhone, but it does not synchronize data.
Reason: It can occur due to limitation of iPhone.
Try this: On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Restrictions and turn off the restrictions.
Case 2: Your computer can detect your iPhone, but iTunes doesn’t show up the device tab
Try this: Go to /var/mobile/media/iTunes_Control on your computer and delete the file folders. Restart iTunes to see it’s fixed or not.
Case 3: Your computer doesn’t detect your iPhone, but other computes detect it normally
Try this: Completely uninstall iTunes and its related conponents, like QuickTime, iTunes, Apple Mobile Device Support, Apple Application Support, Bonjour, Apple Software Update, etc. Then reinstall iTunes.
Case 4: iTunes is unable to detect the iPhone on your Windows 7 PC
Try this first:
- Go to C:\Windows and find the USBAAPL.SYS file.
- Right click on it, choose “Open File Location” and copy all files to a new folder.
- Open Device Manager (right click on My Computer and choose Properties), search Apple iPhone under the Portable devices. Right click on it to select "Update Driver Software".
Or try this if it doesn’t work:
- Close your iTunes and disconnect iPhone from PC.
- Then uninstall iTunes.
- Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files and delete the Apple folder if it exists.
- Go to C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local and delete Apple and Apple Computer folders it they exist.
- Then go to C:\Users\user name\My Music and delete the iTunes folder if it exists.
- After that, reboot your computer. Once done, reinstall iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone and open iTunes to check.
Try this if it still doesn’t work:
- On your PC, right click on My Computer, choose Properties and select Device Manager.
- Find Apple Mobile Device USB Drive and right click on it. Choose Update Drive Software.
- Browse for the path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Driver. And check the software is updated or not.
- Reboot your computer. Connect your iPhone to see iTunes can detect it or not.