We hear many complaints from Apple Music users, and the most common one is "iTunes won't let me add music to iPhone." If you find that iTunes does not allow you to add songs, do not worry. In this post, we'll show you why iTunes does not allow you to add songs and fix them. Follow us and get more details.
Best Solution for "iTunes won't let me add music to iPhone" Issue
If iTunes doesn't let you to add music to iPhone, why not try an iTunes alternative? iMyFone TunesMate has been proved the best iTunes alternative since 2017, it can selectively transfer music, movies, playlists, photos, videos, and more media files from iPhone to computer/iTunes and vice versa. Different from iTunes, it won't deleting your existing items on your iPhone after a sync process.
- The best alternative iTunes, even stronger than iTunes.
- Two-way transfer: iPhone <-> iTunes/Computer
- Sync iTunes music to iPhone without opening iTunes.
- Add a file to the iPhone without deleting the previous data.
- You can even share purchased music with friends without a password.
- Support all kinds of multimedia files.
- Re-build the damaged iTunes library.
- Manage music, photos, applications, documents and more from the iPhone.
You can add iTunes music to your iPhone with iMyFone TunesMate even when iTunes won't let you add music to iPhone.
Transfer the iTunes Music to the iPhone
Step 1: Launch iMyFone TunesMate on your computer and connect your iPhone via a USB cable.
Step 2: Now select the option to Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice mode in the software home interface.
Step 3: Once the scanning process is complete, all songs will be displayed in your iTunes, check them and click on the Transfer button.
Then you'll be able to listen to the iTunes music on your iPhone.
In addition, you can restore your iTunes library by copying files from your iPhone / iPad / iPod. Be sure to rebuild your library exactly as it was.
Alternative Solutions to "iTunes won't let me add music to iPhone" Issue
Upgrade iTunes to the Latest Version
Here are the methods on how to get the latest version of iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Open the App Store on your Mac.
- Then click Updates at the top of the window.
- If the iTunes update is available, install it.
- Open iTunes
- Through the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, click Help, then click Check for Updates.
- Go through the instruction to install the latest version.
If iTunes is not installed on your computer, download the latest version.
Check the available space on your iPhone
Are you worried about filling up your iPhone and wondering how to check your storage space? If the space on your iPhone is full, then you will face the problem of "iTunes won't let me add music to iPhone".
Checking your available disk space can save you a lot of time and headaches, telling you when to free up disk space before you get into trouble. Here are the steps:
- Initialize the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on General > iPhone Storage.
At the top, you can see the used space and available space areas, which are related to the space on your iOS device. If it's full, you can release some space by deleting the un-important contents.
Disable the iCloud music library
When the iCloud Music Library is activated, iTunes won't let you add music to your iPhone. Here is how to disable it:
Step 1. Go to Settings on the iPhone
Step 2. Then click Music.
Step 3. Finally, tap on the iCloud Music Library. Move the switch until it turns green.