“I have already purchased the songs from iTunes on my iPhone and downloaded them. Why can’t I find the purchased music on my iTunes. My iTunes and iPhone have the same Apple ID signed in. But the purchased songs on iPhone not showing up in iTunes. How can I make it show up?”
Lots of iTunes users may suffer different iTunes unknown errors or bugs and feel hard to find ways to fix. “Purchased songs on iPhone not showing up in iTunes” is one of those bugs. Apple doesn’t provide tips to fix, but enthusiastic Apple fans do.
Some Fixes for “Purchased Songs on iPhone Not Showing Up in iTunes”
- Method 1: Update iTunes to the Latest Version
- Method 2: Re-Authorize Your Computer
- Method 3: Sign out and Sign in Apple ID Again
- Method 4: Transfer Purchased Songs from iPhone to iTunes (iOS 13 Supported)
#1 – Update iTunes to the Latest Version
Make sure that iTunes is up to date. It’s often found that these issues arise without any reasoning and a lot of problems are fixed in the most recent versions of iTunes.
If there is no important data in your iTunes, it’s also suggested to uninstall and reinstall iTunes to try.
#2 – Re-Authorize Your Computer
The authorization of your computer to access your iPhone may have expired or you may have accidentally not allowed the authorization.
- Simply head to the menu “Account > Authorizations > Deauthorize This Computer”. Type your Apple ID password and click on “Deauthorize”.
- Then go to “Account > Authorizations > Authorize This Computer”. Enter your Apple ID and password which is the one you use to sign in on your iPhone, and hit “Authorize”.
#3 – Sign out and Sign in Apple ID Again
Check iTunes to make sure that you are signed into your Apple ID. On top of that, make sure that both your iPhone and iTunes are signed into the same Apple ID.
- On iTunes, go to “Account > Sign out” and the iTunes will be signed out of the current Apple account.
- Go to “Account > Sign In”, and type the Apple ID and password.
#4 - Transfer Purchased Songs from iPhone to iTunes (iOS 13 Supported)
Way 1. Transfer Purchased Songs from iPhone to iTunes without iTunes
iMyFone TunesMate iPhone Transfer is a great iTunes alternative which not only transfer purchased files, but also transfer non-purchased music, videos, podcasts, audiobooks, etc. This is a program which has been designed specifically for transferring media between iOS devices and iTunes/computer. TunesMate is fully compatible with iOS 13 and older versions.
Steps to Transfer Purchased Songs from iPhone to iTunes
Step 1. Download iMyFone TunesMate and install it on your computer. Connect your iPhone and open the software.
Step 2. Click on the “Music” tab from the top menu, you will be able to see all of your device’s music and playlists. Select the music that you want to transfer to iTunes.
Step 3. Click on the “Export” button at the top followed by “Export to iTunes”.
When it finishes, you can find the music on your iTunes library.
Key Features of TunesMate:
- Restore iTunes library without any data loss, even when your iTunes crashes.
- Transfer to/from iTunes: Enrich iTunes library from unlimited iPhones, iPads, iPods even with different Apple IDs; Sync iTunes media to iDevice without data loss.
- Transfer to/from iPhone: Transfer media to iPhone from different computers, iTunes, external hard drive, etc; Extract purchased and non-purchased media from iPhone selectively.
- Smartly Manage iPhone Media: edit, add, delete, extract, import, backup and restore, etc.
- Directly drag and drop media to your iPhone in just a matter of seconds.
Way 2. Transfer Purchased Songs from iPhone to iTunes
Step 1. Start by launching iTunes and connecting your iPhone.
Step 2. Next, open the menu “File > Devices > Transfer Purchases from [device name]”.
Step 3. After a few seconds of data transfer, you should be able to find your purchased songs in your iTunes library.
Please note that all the purchases will be transferred to iTunes, not only purchased songs, but also purchased movies, podcasts, audiobooks, etc.
If this doesn’t work for you, don’t worry. Instead, try using iMyFone TunesMate iPhone Transfer instead.