If iTunes is not detecting your iPhone, you won’t be able to share anything between your devices. It is a very annoying situation, and most of the people don’t know what to do in such case. Here, we’ll show you how to get rid of it instantly.
Why iTunes Cannot Detect iPhone
Here are three common reasons of this problem.
- If you are using an outdated version of iTunes on your computer, you may face this problem.
- If you are using an unsupported cable to attach your phone with computer, it may cause problems.
- If your computer doesn’t have latest drivers for your iPhone, you will not be able to connect it to your PC.
How to Fix iTunes not Detecting iPhone?
If you are suffering from problems while connecting your iPhone to iTunes, you can quickly fix it. All you need is performing one of the methods mentioned below. You can try any method to fix this problem.
1 Update iTunes
Updating iTunes is a very simple process. All you need is getting the latest update from the official website of iTunes. You can also update iTunes from the app:
Step 1: Move to the menu bar and click on the Help button.
Step 2: Now click Check for Updates, after the latest version has been downloaded, install it on your computer.
After updating iTunes, connect your iPhone again and check if it is working or not.
2 Update Device Drivers
If your computer doesn’t have the latest device drivers, your iTunes won’t detect iPhone. Basically, when you connect your iPhone to your computer, it uses all the drivers which are installed on your computer. It doesn’t signify whether you are using iTunes or not, you will always need to have device drivers on your computer. Now the question is how to check if you have the latest version of device drivers on your computer. Here is how you can check the device drivers.
Step 1: First of all, connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
Step 2: Press Windows logo and R at the same time to open the Run app on your computer.
Step 3: Type "devmgmt.msc" in the case and click OK.
Step 4: Now under the "Universal Serial Bus controllers," check if you have Apple Mobile Device USB Drivers or not. If you don’t have these drivers, you will have to install them in order to connect your iPhone to the computer.
3 Reinstall iTunes
If none of the methods above is working for you, try to reinstall iTunes on your computer. You must completely remove iTunes first, to completely remove iTunes, you must uninstall the following applications:
- iTunes Software
- Apple Software Update
- Apple Mobile Device Support
- Apple Application Support
4 Try an iTunes Alternative - iMyFone TunesMate
If you don’t like iTunes limitations and you face some problems while using iTunes on your computer, you need a perfect iTunes alternative for your computer. iMyFone TunesMate is a great software that can solve a lot of your problems. Here are some great features from iMyFone TunesMate. It has been highly recommended by many professional webistes, such as Getintopc, Geekreply .
- Rebuild iTunes Library. It means if you have songs, movies and other media stuff in your library, you can quickly rebuild it in a single click.
- Two-way Transfer. You can transfer files from iTunes or computer to iOS device and vice versa.
- Freely Transfer Purchased and Non-purchased items. We know that iTunes can only transfer purchased items.
- Sync Files without Erasing. iTunes will erase your previous files during Synchronize process.
- All Media Files Supported. Including music, videos, photos, playlists, podcasts, audiobooks and 10+ more
It's much simpler than iTunes when transfer files. For example, if you want to transfer music to your iPhone, follow the instructions below to do this job.
Step 1: Launch iMyFone TunesMate and connect your iPhone to the computer.
Step 2: Click on “Transfer iDevice Media to iTunes"
Step 3: After the scan finished, check Music from the list.
Step 4: Now hit the Transfer button to start the process.