You can also read this guide in Français.
- Want to transfer music to your iPhone from your friend’s computer?
- Old computer crashed, and you need to sync iPhone to new computer?
- Want to sync iPhone to computers at home and in work meanwhile?
- Need to sync iPhone to the iTunes which has been reinstalled?
If you are in the above cases, first you need to be aware of what happens if you sync your iPhone to another computer using iTunes - or you could lose your data.
What Happen If iPhone Synced with Another iTunes Library
If you sync your iPhone to another computer using Apple’s tools, such as iTunes, then you may be in for a rude surprise. When you plug your iPhone into another computer and open iTunes to sync. It will pop up a window telling you that your iPhone will be erased if you continue.
iTunes only allows an iPhone to sync with one iTunes library at the same time. “Erase iPhone” here does not mean that everything on your iPhone will be removed, but the media files on your iPhone could be overwritten with the data in the library that you’re syncing to. In other words, you can lose your music, movies, playlists, audiobooks, podcasts, iTunes U, etc.
Not only that, but it’s not likely that you’ll be able to transfer music that you didn’t purchase through the Apple Store. You could lose tons of information if you just plug in and try to share the official way.
Luckily, that’s not the only way that you can do it. There are alternative methods that you can use that will sync your iPhone to another computer, but that won’t result in any loss of data.
How Can iPhone Synced with Another iTunes Library without Erasing (iOS 12 Supported)
You can make iPhone synced to another iTunes library on any computer (as long as it uses Windows or OSX) without losing data if you use special device manager like iMyFone TunesMate. TunesMate is a very easy to use transfer that allows you to sync your iPhone to another computer without restrictions. It's fully compatible with the latest iOS 12 and older versions.
TunesMate Breaks iTunes Sync Limits:
- An iPhone can be synced to different computers at the same time without erasing anything.
- Transfer music, movies, audiobooks, podcasts, playlists, iTunes U, TV shows, to iPhone without deleting existing contents.
- Sync iTunes or the music / video on your computer’s hard drive to different iOS devices.
- Manage your iPhone music / video / other files on different computers.
- Edit iPhone music info and playlists, like names, albums, artworks, artists, etc.
- Highly spoken of by hundreds of users and well-known media.
01 Steps for iPhone Synced with Another iTunes Library without Erasing
There are several different ways to do this, but let’s use music files as an example. To sync music to iPhone from another computer/iTunes library without erasing your files, download TunesMate free trial and follow below to try.
Step 1: Download and install TunesMate to another computer that you want to transfer files from. Plug your iPhone into your computer.
Step 2: Launch TunesMate and click “Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice.”
Step 3: Make sure the media types in iTunes that you want to add is checked and hit “Transfer” to begin.
02 Steps for iPhone Synced to Another Computer without Erasing
Step 1: The same as the above, install and open iMyFone TunesMate on another computer. Plug in your iPhone.
Step 2: Click on “Music” tab on TunesMate and hit “Add > Add File”.
Step 3: Brows and select the music on computer to transfer. Click on “Open” when selected.
- You can find and enjoy the music in Music app on iPhone.
- If the music files don’t have the formats supported by iPhone, TunesMate will automatically convert them to iPhone version when transferring.
As you can see, TunesMate gives you lots of freedom to use your iPhone as you want and to transfer any kind of file. Not only that, but you don’t have to worry about losing any data.
Key Features of iMyFone TunesMate
- You can back up iPhone or iTunes music/videos/files and restore backups without loss.
- You can share apple music between devices with different Apple ID’s.
- You don’t even need to be connected to the Internet to transfer files.
- You can share files with as many computers as you want.
- You can add files to your iTunes library without even opening iTunes.
- You can have a large music/movies library on iTunes from different iOS devices.