This can be frustrating, and it can happen for many reasons. Luckily, “Why can’t I add songs to my iPhone” has answers and there are a few different ways to solve it.
Why Can't I Add Songs to My iPhone 7//6/6s/5 from iTunes?
There are lots of different reasons why you might have lost your ability to transfer your songs from iTunes. These include:
- Problems with your router or network connection that prevent the information from being transferred.
- Problems with your computer's hardware.
- Software incompatibility issues.
- Your USB cable has been damaged and cannot connect to your computer effectively.
- Your iTunes is out of date.
- iOS is out of date.
You have not set iTunes to allow you to manually transfer music.
6 Tips to Fix "Can't Add Songs to iPhone 7 from iTunes"
Here are some things that you could do to fix the problem:
- Check your network connection for any problems. This includes checking your router (if router don’t have network, contact your network provider) and making sure that other devices can connect.
- Check to make sure that all of the necessary hardware is working on your computer, such as the wireless adapter that connects to the network.
- Check to make sure that you can manually transfer your music. If not, check the box that says “Manually manage music and videos” in your Summary tab.
- Update iTunes via “Help > Check for Updates”.
- Update iOS. Now the latest one is iOS 10.3.3, the next one is iOS 11.
- Swap out your USB cable for another one. (Original USB cable that comes with iPhone is best.)
A New Way to Fix "Cannot Add Songs to iPhone 7"
One way to completely fix this problem is to bypass iTunes altogether. Because of all of the bugs in iTunes, it sometimes is better to use a simpler, iTunes alternative application like iMyFone TunesMate.
What is iMyFone TunesMate? It's iPhone transfer software that can transfer music from your computer or even your iTunes library to iPhone without an issue. No matter when you can’t add songs to iPhone, you can use TunesMate.
Advantages of TunesMate that iTunes won’t have:
- When you transfer music to iPhone, it won't replace your old library.
- You can sync from different libraries to one iPhone without erasing the one you have.
- You can sync music from your computer directly, without having to go through iTunes.
- You can transfer both music you purchased on iTunes and music you got from somewhere else.
- It supports all major audio formats and video formats.
- It will convert audio and video to an iPhone-compatible format automatically when it transfers.
1. How to Fix “Can’t Add Songs to iPhone from iTunes”
Step 1. Install TunesMate, connect your iPhone 7 via USB, and launch the application.
Step 2. Click where it says “Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice.”
Step 3. Make sure “Music” is selected in the list of file types. (It should be automatically.) Click Transfer.
2. How to Add Songs to iPhone 7/7 Plus/6/6s/5 from Computer's Hard Drive
Step 1. Again, install TunesMate, plug in your iPhone 7/6 to your computer, then launch TunesMate.
Step 2. Click on the Music tab in TunesMate. Click on Add, then Add File (or Add Folder, if you want to add the contents of a folder).
Step 3. Browse for the file / folder that you want, then click Open.
You can also open the music folder on computer. Select the music, directly drag and drop them to the music window of TunesMate. This will add music to iPhone as well.
TunesMate Not Only Add Music to iPhone But Also,
- Transfer almost any kind of file, including music, videos, photos, contacts, playlists, audiobook, podcasts, and more.
- Protect iPhone from data loss when transferring by just adding but not overwrite your library.
- Share music and other files between friends, even if the devices have different Apple IDs.
- Organize your files and delete duplicates easily.
- Edit your file info, like albums, artist, genres, names, track, etc.
- Bypass many of iTunes' annoying restrictions and freely transfer all of the music and files that you want.