“I clicked on iPhone device icon on iTunes. It took me to Summary page. I clicked on ‘On This iPhone’ so I could see the music library on my iPhone. However, I couldn’t organize songs by Title, Artist, Album, etc. Also I can’t delete songs from iPhone in iTunes. Please help me!” -- Emily
Why Can't I Delete Songs from iPhone in iTunes?
The most likely answer to this question is that iTunes is automatically syncing your music without your knowledge. This makes you unable to delete songs from your “On This iPhone.”
An easy way to fix this is to go to the Summary page and check the box next to “Sync Only Checked Songs and Videos.” After that, go to the Music tab, then make sure “Sync Music” and also “Entire Music Library” are selected. This will make it so that you can selectively sync the music that you want without interference from iTunes.
How to Delete All Songs from iPhone in iTunes
You can now delete all songs from your iPhone and replace them with iTunes sync:
- Connect your iPhone to computer and launch iTunes.
- Click on the device icon on iTunes and then click on “Music” tab.
- Check “Sync Music” and select just the songs that you want to sync to your iPhone.
- After you sync your iPhone, this will delete all of the songs on iPhone and replace them with the songs you selected from iTunes. In other words, all the songs in iPhone will be overwritten.
The obvious disadvantage to this is that you will erase whatever music is on your iPhone and you won’t have control over any individual songs that you want to delete on there. However, this might not be a problem if you really did just want to delete everything on there. It’s kind of a roundabout way of deleting your music, when being able to remove songs one at a time would be more convenient.
How to Selectively Delete Songs from iPhone on Computer
There’s another method that is entirely different that you could use as well. A third-party application called iMyFone TunesMate allows you full control over your music library, whether it’s on your iPhone, iTunes, or your computer.
As a perfect iTunes alternative, iMyFone receives lots of great reviews from its users and famous media.
- Selectively delete music/videos/photos/files from iPhone in bulk - free trial.
- Two-way sync to transfer files from iPhone to computer/iTunes, or vice versa.
- Transfer music/videos to iPhone without any damage to media library on iPhone.
- Transfer songs to iTunes library and edit your library without ever having to open iTunes.
- Back up iPhone files and restore backups anytime.
- Transfer songs that you downloaded from the Internet for free without losing them.
- Transfer songs that you purchased from stores other than iTunes, such as Amazon or Google Music.
iTunes Can’t Delete Songs from iPhone? Fix
Deleting songs from iPhone is totally free on TunesMate, just download and have a try.
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to computer and launch the TunesMate application (after you have downloaded and installed it).
Step 2: Click the “Music” tab and your music library on iPhone will be shown there.
Step 3: Select the songs that you want to delete. Click “Delete” near the top.