Why won’t my iPhone connect to iTunes? It is a common question many individuals are asking these days. When the iPhone is not connected to the iTunes, the users are unable to sync/backup their files and playlist. Here we have a few methods to help you get rid of this issue.
Reasons on Why Won’t My iPhone Connect to iTunes
There are several reasons on why my iPhone won’t connect to iTunes. We all know that it is very frustrating when it happens. Here are some of the most common causes that why it happens.
- It may be because of a broken cord;
- One of the most common causes of this issue is that iTunes is unable to read your device even if it is connected. Your device is not upgraded .
- Your iPhone is refused by the antivirus software.
Solutions on Why Won't My iPhone Connect to iTunes
We have the best solutions for you to solve the issue of why your iPhone cannot connect to iTunes here:
1 USB Port and Cable
There are often some issues with the cable or the USB port of the device due to which the iTunes is unable to detect your device. In order to resolve this issue, you can follow the given steps.
Unplug your iPhone from computer, plug everything once again and see if the device has been detected
2 Restart Your iPhone and Computer
There might be some compatibility issues with the iPhone or your computer. In order to resolve it, you have to restart your computer and iPhone.
3 Update iTunes
For your iPhone to connect to your computer it is important that you have the latest version of iTunes. You can check it by following the given guideline.
- Access the iTunes software
- Select iTunes menu bar
- Check for updates on the given options
- Follow the given steps to install the latest version
- Open iTunes software
- In the menu bar, click on option of help
- Select the option of check for updates
- To install the latest version follow the given steps
4 Disable Antivirus Software
Antivirus program has been designed to protect your computer from any harmful lick, websites or devices. In some cases, your iPhone is detected as a dangerous device and so the antivirus software will not allow it to get connected to the iTunes. To resolve this issue, you have to follow the given steps.
- Open your antivirus software
- Here you will get the option to enable and disable, click on disable
- Now connect your iPhone to the computer once again and it will connect perfectly.
5 Try an iTunes Alternative
In case you have applied all the above-mentioned techniques and still, you are still unable to solve the issue of why won’t iPhone connect to iTunes, you need the Best iTunes Alternative - iMyFone TunesMate.
iMyFone TunesMate is high-tech software that will allow you to share files, songs, videos and other data from your iPhone to your computer within few seconds. This software will make it easy for you to transfer, backup the data and much more.
Features of iMyFone TunesMate
- You can directly transfer all media files without opening iTunes.
- It will allow you to have two-way transfer: iPhone to iTunes/Computer, and vice versa.
- You can rebuild your damaged iTunes library from your iPhone.
- You will be allowed to transfer both the purchased and non-purchased items through the software.
- You will not have to erase the iPhone data to sync with this software
iMyFone TunesMate is very easy to use. For example, there are only two steps to transfer iTunes media to your iPhone.
Step 1: Run iMyFone TunesMate at your computer and connect your iPhone to it.
Step 2: Click on Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice mode. It will scan all the media files at your iTunes and only show files which are not exist in your iPhone.
Step 3: Select the files you want to transfer and begin the transfer by clicking on the Transfer button.
Remember that iOS 7 and above are supported by the software to make sure that your device is compatible.