With over 200 million monthly active users, LINE is a popular, free messaging application and is available on most mobile platforms (Android, iOS, Windows).
The application is regularly updated by its owners, situated in Japan, which gives its users the latest features and protects them from the growing cyber threats prevalent in the world today. It is separated from other messaging applications because LINE lets you follow the pages of official brands, which will allow you to receive exclusive coupons and discounts for their products, along with the latest news. It keeps you informed about your favourite brands as well as allowing you to communicate with other people using LINE, all free of charge.
Because of this, it is understandable why you may want to continue using LINE if you are switching mobile operating systems. Unfortunately, if you want to transfer previous LINE chat history from Android to new iPhone, it is not as simple as it may seem because of the way the two main operating systems (Android, iOS) work with data storage.
Part 1: Can You Directly Transfer LINE From Android to iPhone?
LINE lets you transfer your Android messages and other data to another Android device, and they let you transfer your information from iOS to iOS, however, there is no official way to transfer your LINE chat history from Android to iOS or vice versa.
Although this may sound discouraging to someone who is new to LINE. Actually, other messaging apps like WhatsApp and Kik, also have no official method for this because of the difference in the cloud backup systems used for Android and iOS devices.
However, there are third-party solutions that let you migrate your Android chats to iOS without having to start a new account. These solutions require you to manually do some of the steps however it is better than starting a new account and not having access to your old information on your new device.
Part 2: Does Move to iOS Transfer LINE Chats from Android to iPhone?
The short answer to this question is no. When you move from Android to iOS, you can reinstall the applications that you had installed previously on your Android device from the App Store, however, for most apps, you can't transfer the data previously used on your Android over. Unless the applications in question uses a cloud server to store user data, rather than sotring the data locally on te user's device, such as Facebook, you will not be able to move your account data to the new iPhone.
Furthermore, as Android and iOS use different stores where you can install applications from, there is no possibility to restore any of the purchases you have made on one device unless that purchase is associated with your account and you are able to use your account on the other operating system or you have contacted the developers of that app.
Part 3: How to Transfer LINE From Android to iPhone?
So, how can you transfer your LINE chat history from an Android device to an iPhone? You will need to use the Backuptrans Android iPhone Line transfer program. For this method to work, you will need to have iTunes installed on your PC too. This can be installed from the Apple website for free on PC and will be already installed on your Mac. Once you have done this and have a USB data transfer cable in possession for both the Android and iPhone, you can follow the steps listed below.
- Enable USB Debugging on Android device. To do this, you will need to first enable developer options. Go into your device settings and under phone information, find build number and tap this continuously until you receive a message saying developer options have been enabled. Then go into developer options and enable USB debugging.
- Install Backuptrans Line Transfer. Then, run this program.
- Connect both your Android and iOS devices to your PC using the USB data cable.
- If you get a popup on your Android device asking you to backup your data, choose to do so but make sure you do it without entering a password. Click OK on your PC and wait until a backup of your LINE data has been created.
- On the left-hand side, you will see the name of your Android device and your iPhone. Right-click on the Android and choose the option which says Transfer Messages from Android to iPhone.
- Choose your target iPhone and wait until your data has been transferred.
Alternatively, if you would like to only transfer the data for one contact, you will be able to do so by expanding the list under your Android and then right-clicking on that contact. Then you will need to click on transfer messages with this contact to iPhone. This may be useful if you are looking to move data for only one contact and starting the chats for the remaining contacts as new.
Part 4 (Extra Tip): Best WhatsApp Transfer Tool – iTransor for WhatsApp
If you are switching from Android to iPhone, you will also be looking to move your data for other applications. With over a billion downloads across the major mobile operating systems, WhatsApp is likely to be one of these applications. Luckily, we have developed a tool to help you transfer all your WhatsApp data (including messages, images, media and voice notes) from both Android to iOS and iOS to Android. The iTransor for WhatsApp by iMyFone is the best solution to migrate your data to a new device, regardless of the operating system that is being run on that phone.
- 100% safe – There is a guarantee that your WhatsApp data will be transferred because of the team's experience with data processing and transfer. This means that you won't experience data loss so all your important information will be on your new device without you having to worry.
- Clean UI – It is important that the user is happy using the software when moving their data. The iTransor for WhatsApp tool has a brilliant user interface that is easy to understand is provides a satisfying experience when your data is being transferred automatically.
- Effective backup solution – Although WhatsApp offers a native backup solution (iCloud for iOS and Google Drive for Androids), they will overwrite your previous backup if you are doing a new one. The iTransor for WhatsApp creates backups locally to your PC, and each backup will be kept separately without overwritten. What's more, you will not have to pay a monthly fee to purchase some more cloud storage space.
- Trustworthy – iTransor for WhatsApp is trusted by many reputable review sites such as MakeUseOf, Macworld and etc.
This program is incredibly easy to use and after you have installed the program, you will need to connect your phones to your PC. After this, you can press a few buttons on the screen and all your data will be transferred to your new phone automatically, no matter its size. Furthermore, when a backup of your information is created, no older backups are overwritten. This allows you to access any individual backup if you require so any data that may have been changed due to the iterative backup process used natively by WhatsApp will still be available for you to restore from.