“My Mac is running slow after the Mojave update and I am completely stuck with it. I’ve tried many steps listed on the threads but nothing works for me. Any suggestions?
Mac is one of the best devices which was introduced by Apple. A lot of people use it on a daily basis to carry out their day to day tasks. Macbook proves to be very useful for both the official as well as the other activities. The features of this Apple device are so interesting that it is definitely a crowd pleaser. However, there are many issues related to this device as well. Like the problem mentioned above, Macbook runs slow more than often and users get frustrated with this lag in the performance of the device. Due to this problem, several operations get delayed which may be crucial for you or your work. Is your Mac running slow too? This article will detail some of the best ways in which this issue can be fixed in the most convenient way.
Part 1: Why is My Mac So Slow? Here Are the Reasons
Are you wondering why my Mac is running slow? There may be plenty of reasons, both technical as well as functional, which may be causing your Macbook to run slower than usual. Here are a few common reasons why this issue may be cropping up.
- You may be having a resource-heavy application which may be running in the background and making your Macbook slow.
- Your hard disk might be getting full and there may not be enough space in it.
- You have not upgraded your hardware in a long time and now you may be in dire need of doing it.
- The software on your Apple Macbook may be outdated.
- There may be too many Mac startup items too.
This article will also talk about how can fix the problems which are causing the issue of Macbook running slow easily. Just read on.
Part 2: All-in-one Tool to Effectively Fix Mac Running Slow Issue
Reasons for your Mac slowing down can be plenty, but there is a convenient way to solve this and make your Mac function normally again. That is using Mac clean apps, and Umate Mac Cleaner is the best tool to tackle all the issues related to your Mac getting slower and make it function in the normal speed again. It can effectively clean up the junk in your system and speed up your Macbook by disabling startup items, lauch agents and high CPU apps. It can also be used to erase privacy data and uninstall large applications and extensions in a convenient way to make your Macbook much more efficient in its performance.
Advantages of Using Umate Mac Cleaner
- The unnecessary files on your Mac system can be detected automatically through this app.
- You don't need to have any special professional skills in order to use it.
- You need not worry that your Mac system may malfunction due to any wrong deletion. All the detected files are safe to be deleted.
- Greatly save your time. When you are deleting files manually, you have to search around and delete one by one, however, with Umate Mac cleaner you can quickly remove junk files, caches, documents, apps, extensions, etc. in just one click.
- The powerful cleanup and speedup features can efficiently clean up the limited space on Mac system and make it run 3x faster.
- Umate Mac Cleaner comes at an affordable price when compared to the competitors, with even more features provided.
In a word, Umate Mac Cleaner is a pretty good solution to fix Mac running slow issue. You can effectively use it to clear up junk and manage the unwanted files on your Mac system to improve the system efficiency and its performance. Now follow the steps below to know how you can install it.
Step 1: Download and install this software on your Mac system. Currently the app is under development but it will come soon.
Step 2: Launch the program and select the features you need, like Speed Up Your Mac.
Step 3: This app will begin to scanning your Mac. After that, proceed to the further cleaning or optimizing steps according to the on-screen instruction.
Therefore you go. With 3 simple steps, your Mac will run fast like a new. With this effective app, you will never experience Mac getting slower issue.
Part 3: 10 Quick Tips to Speed Up Slow Mac
There are some useful tips that can be used to speed up your Mac, too. And these are mentioned below. You may need to try each one to get Mac slowdown problem successfully resolved.
1. Clean up the system cache, user cache, app cache, DNS cache and browser cache on your Macbook one by one or all together by navigating to Finder > Go > Library > Hold “Option” key > Library and select the items and click on “Move to Trash”.
2. Troubleshoot your Mac by using the Activity Monitor to clear up the resource-heavy applications.
3. From “About This Mac” option, use the “Store in iCloud” option to store all the media files and documents on cloud and free up space on the hard disk.
4. From “About This Mac” option, use the “Optimize Storage” option to delete all the TV shows and movies, which are downloaded from iTunes, from the system which you have already seen.
5. Use the “Empty Trash Automatically” option to delete the items which have been sitting in the Trash folder for more than 30 days, this frees up some space.
6. Use the “Reduce Clutter” option to find the biggest files stored on your Mac system and delete them to generate more space.
7. Upgrade the internal hardware of your Mac system.
8. Go to Finder > Go > Applications, organize the apps by size and delete the apps which have been taking up too much space by clicking on “Move to Trash”.
9. From Settings, go to Users and Groups > Current User > Login Items, select the item which you wish to remove and click on the “-” icon.
10. Go to the Mac App Store and update your Mac system and any other applications on your system which may be outdated.
Mac running slow can be a very annoying problem and if you are stuck in between tight deadlines and work, this can prove to be very crucial. Although the above metioned tips are very useful, they are not highly effective in solving the issue of your Mac running slow after update. Also, manual management of the files on your Mac system makes the process very time-consuming. Instead, you can use Umate Mac Cleaner which can perform the same tasks all at once in very less time. It is very efficient in providing satisfactory results in the performance of your Mac system and therefore is highly recommended for every Mac users.