#1 Recommend Screen Mirroring Tool
Mirror your iOS/Android to Windows 10 with iMyFone MirrorTo.
If you are a tech savvy or just a regular Windows user, you must have wanted to use AirPlay on your PC before, and you wonder how—most probably the reason you are here on this page. Read on to learn how to use AirPlay on Windows 10 using different third-party apps that are compatible with your Windows version.
- What is AirPlay?
- Can I Use AirPlay on Windows 10?
- How to Use AirPlay on Windows 10?
- How to Mirror Your iOS/Android to Windows 10 via MirrorTo
- How to Mirror Your iPhone/iPad to Windows 10
What is Airplay?
AirPlay is a mirroring and streaming software that Apple made only for the Apple family initially, but now available to both Mac and PC users.
With AirPlay, streaming multimedia content directly comes easily, and with no latency. AirPlay is mostly utilized for two purposes, which are streaming; i.e., wirelessly playing video and music, and mirroring, i.e., displaying your screen on another device.
Apple boasts that AirPlay allows you to stream videos, photographs, music, and other media from your Apple devices to your Apple TV, preferred speakers, and popular smart TVs. And anything you share is always kept private.
Can I Use AirPlay on Windows 10?
Originally, AirPlay was made for only Apple devices, therefore only Apple users could enjoy smooth operation. Well, Apple has a culture of reserving its premium features for its traditional customers. In fact, this is the only reason many PC users don't bother considering it as an option. But thankfully, the privilege has been extended to other users as well. So, yes! You can use AirPlay on Windows 10. Now, let us see how to do that below.
How to Use AirPlay on Windows 10?
The basic and free version which is available in the Microsoft store comes with Apple iTunes. However, only audio files are the content that one can stream using the iTunes feature and provided that the devices are compatible. Follow the steps below to set AirPlay on your Windows 10:
- Locate the Microsoft store on your PC, run it and search for "AirPlay". Make sure someone connected you to the internet, else, the store will not open.
- After searching, the first application that comes out in the search results having the Apple iTunes logo as its thumbnail is what we are looking for.
- Click on that, and click on "get" on the next page to download the software to your PC.
- Wait for the software to successfully download and automatically install on your PC.
- After the iTunes software successfully installs on your Windows 10, you run it from the start-up menu by pressing the windows key, or by searching for it and running it from the search results.
- When you run the program, you will only be able to stream audio to your PC be it from an iPad or an iPhone from the Apple music app.
Remember, only audio streaming is possible on the free version of AirPlay for Windows users.
How to Mirror Your iOS & Android Device to Windows 10 via MirrorTo
If you want to mirror your device to a PC, no matter iPhone/iPad or Samsung/Huawei/Google pixel Android device, iMyFone MirrorTo mirroring app will be your great option. By using the mirroring App, you can easily cast your iPhone or Android screen to a PC in simple steps. Then you can freely watch TV or stream your phone's screen and microphone to Zoom and YouTube with a large screen from your computer.
Mirror Your Phone to Windows 10
Video Tutorial on Mirroring your iPhone to Windows PC:
Steps to Mirroring your Android device to Windows PC:
Now follow the steps below to start sharing your phone on the computer by MirrorTo. Let's take an Android device for example.
- Download, install & launch iMyFone MirrorTo on your Windows.
- Connect your device via a USB cable. Choose "Android".
- Then go to Settings > About phone > Software information > Build number. Click "Build number" 7 times.
- Next move to Settings > Developr options > USB debugging. Enable the USB debugging and tap "OK" when "Allow USB debugging" pops up on your phone.
- Give permission to iMyFone MirrorTo. Now, your Android phone is successfully mirrored on Windows. You can fully control your device with the keyboard and mouse.
How to Mirror Your iPhone/iPad to Windows 10
There are several ways to screen mirror an iPhone or iPad onto a computer running Windows 10 via Wi-Fi, and it may be difficult to pick from the numerous choices available. But don't worry; you are about to discover two simple ways to mirror your iPhone or iPad to Windows 10.
This time-tested and confirmed screen mirroring program is widely and internationally recognized as the best screen mirroring solution accessible online. Even LetsView agrees. Aside from screen sharing, it also includes whiteboard annotation, screen recording, and screen capture. Follow the instructions below to set it up:
- Download and install the app from the Apple Store and the Microsoft Store for your iPhone/iPad and Windows 10 devices, respectively.
- Connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network and run the app on both.
- Tap the mirror symbol on your iOS device. Display the Control Center, navigate to Screen Mirroring, and input the name of your Windows 10 computer to connect.
- To connect, you may alternatively scan the QR code or input the PIN number.
- Once connected, you may immediately view your iPhone or iPad screen on your Windows 10 computer.
2. 5K Player
5K Player is another option to explore. It is a free media player with multi-screen playback that is compatible with Apple's AirPlay to enable screen mirroring. Simply follow the instructions below to learn more about how to screen mirror iPhones to Windows 10.
- Install the program on your Windows 10 computer. To enable Airplay, launch it and click on the "Airplay" icon.
- Display the Control Center on your iPhone and select the Screen Mirroring option to link to your Windows 10.
- Following that, your iPhone screen will be displayed on your Windows 10 computer.
How to Turn Your PC into a Wireless Display Using Screen Mirroring on Windows 10
If you want to screen mirror on Windows 10, you will need two devices i.e., source and destination devices. Both of the devices must support the Miracast technology and should be on the same hotspot connection. You can use your phone's hotspot or any other Wi-Fi you can make use of.
When all these are put in place, follow the steps below, starting with the destination device:
- Press the Windows key and locate "Settings".
- Click on "System".
- Go to "Project to this PC".
- From the first drop-down menu, select "Always Off".
- From the second drop-down menu, select "Every time a connection is required".
- From the last drop-down menu, select "Never".
- Hit the Windows key again and search "Connect".
- Click the first result and maximize the window (Full-screen mode).
- If you do all the steps above correctly, the Connect app should now be open to accepting mirroring connections from another computer on the same hotspot network.
To project your screen to another computer on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Click the "Action Center" icon, which is at the bottom right corner of the screen. Alternatively, press Windows + A.
- Click "Connect".
- Wait for the app to search for available devices, then click the device you wish to project the screen.
- If you wish to be able to control both devices from any of them, check "Allow mouse, keyboard, touch, and pen input from this device".
- If you do all the steps correctly, you should see the display of the source device projected onto the destination device.
NoteFor some reason, your device may not support Miracast technology. In this case, you should consider changing your computer.
Whether you want to do it for fun, business, or family purposes, the ability to mirror your screen comes in handy, especially at times that we least expect it. AirPlay by Apple has made it easy for both Mac and PC users to extend their primary display to a secondary screen. All you have to do to enjoy this fun technology is to download the application from your device's store and you are good to go. Now start to use AirPlay on your Windows 10!
You may also like:
FAQs: Tips You May Want to Know About Screen Mirror on Win 10
1 Can you mirror iPhone to Windows 10? How?
Yes, you can mirror your iPhone to Windows 10. To do that, make sure both your iPhone and PC are on the same Wi-Fi connection; then open the control center. Click the Screen Mirroring icon to display the available devices. Select the name that matches your PC's name and enter the security code that will be displayed on your PC screen and you are ready.
2 How do I mirror my Android to Windows 10?
On your Android home screen, swipe down and find "Cast" from the tiles. Press and hold it to open more options. Give it the necessary permissions (first-time users) and then activate "Enable wireless display". You should now see your computer shown in the list (if the Connect app is running). Click it and the projection will start immediately.
Also, you can use iMyFone MirrorTo to mirror your Android phone on Windows 10 without any technical skills.
3 How do I connect to Miracast on Windows 10?
- Connect your PC to a Wi-Fi connection.
- Locate the "Action Center" at the bottom right corner of your PC or simply hit the Windows key + A.
- Then select "Connect".