iPhone users can easily play games, watch their favorite movie, or stream music from their small iPhone screen to a big display on Apple TV by utilizing the built-in airplay screen mirroring feature. However, the problem arises when iPhone users without an Apple TV in their homes want to connect their iPhone to a TV.
So, how to connect iPhone to TV wirelessly without Apple? Today, we will give you some incredible ideas on how to mirror iPhone to TV without Apple TV using some simple tips and tricks. So, are you ready?
- Part 1: How to Mirror iPhone to TV without Apple TV?
- Part 2: Are There Any Screen Mirroring Apps to Mirror iPhone to TV?
- 1. ApowerMirror
- 2. LetsView
- 3. AnyCast
- 4. AllCast
- 5. AirBeamTV
- 6. Screen Mirroring-TV Cast
- Part 3: You May Also Want to Know (HOT FAQs)
Part 1: How to Mirror iPhone to TV without Apple TV?
Mirroring your iPhone screen to TV is no big deal. Here are some common ways that will tell you how to mirror iPhone to TV without Apple TV quickly.
1. Mirror iPhone to TV with a Cable
Where hooking up the iPhone to TV using a simple cable connection may sound dodgy at first, the reliable streaming experience is the beneficial aspect of this method. Moreover, you will be able to watch a movie from your iPhone on TV at a much higher resolution.
To connect your iPhone to your TV, you will need an HDMI cable along with an adaptor supported by your TV. A Lightning to Digital AV Adaptor coming directly from Apple will give you high-bandwidth Digital Content Protection. A Digital AV Adaptor ensures the smooth connection between iPhone and TV.
How to Connect iPhone to TV Using a Cable?
- Connect the HDMI cable to the adaptor.
- Insert the USB end of your cable into the input end of your TV.
- Next, plug the adaptor into iPhone's Lightning Port and turn on your phone.
- Adjust your TV settings to HDMI input and start watching movies and photos from your iPhone to the TV.
2. Mirror iPhone to TV with an Airplay Compatible TV
If working with cables is not your thing, the simplest way is to connect your iPhone through the Airplay wireless protocol. This way, your entire iPhone, including your pop-up message notification to your contact list, everything will be displayed right on your TV screen in full resolution.
You only have to link your iOS device with your smart TV to Airplay to TV without Apple TV using a stable Wi-Fi connection.
Setup Airplay Control
- Connect your iPhone and the TV with the same Wi-Fi connection. Otherwise, they will not be able to secure a connection.
- The startup iPhone screen will be displayed on the TV.
- Now, to play a video or movie from your iPhone to your TV, go to the Airplay icon located in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Select the device from the Airplay options available in the list.
Now you can stream videos and movies directly from your iPhone and enjoy Airplay without Apple TV.
3. Mirror iPhone to TV with Google Chromecast
If you are an owner of a Google Chromecast device, you have the best streaming device that offers a wireless connection for mirroring your iPhone to your TV. All you have to do is download a Chromecast mirror screening app.
Connecting iPhone to TV with Chromecast
- Connect your iPhone and Chromecast to the same Wi-Fi connection.
- Plugin the Chromecast to your TV through the HDMI port.
- Open the Chromecast supported app on your iPhone.
- The app will get connected with your iPhone or iPad, and a small Chromecast icon will appear on these apps.
- Your iPhone screen will be cast on your TV.
4. Mirror iPhone to TV with Roku
Getting a Roku streaming device is yet another option for users who want their iPhone screens mirrored to their TV. Buy a Roku device, download a third-part Roku app from the store, connect it to the TV, and start watching videos and movies on a big screen.
Set up Roku device
- Download the Mirror Roku app from the store.
- Connect your TV to the Roku device by entering the Roku TVs IP. Make sure that your TV appears among the list of devices within the app.
- Tap on the screen mirroring button in the app.
- Then, go to settings and choose "Control Center," and choose "Screen Recording."
- Tap on the “Start Reordering” option and choose Roku device. Your iPhone screen will cast on the Roku TV.
Part 2: Are There Any Screen Mirroring Apps to Mirror iPhone to TV?
What to do if you don’t have any of the devices mentioned above? How to connect iPad to TV wirelessly without Apple TV?
Below is a list of some fantastic screen mirroring apps that can help you transfer your iPhone content to your TV screen.
Mac users often have a big question on their mind that is how to connect Mac to TV wirelessly without Apple TV. ApowerMirror is a practical and straightforward tool that mirrors your Mac screen on TV without Apple TV. This screen mirroring software is the most downloaded and searched tool among iPhone users.
It not only allows you to stream an extensive range of media content to your TV screens but also enables you to enjoy your iPhone games on TV. It offers high-resolution mirroring and lends you additional features such as on-screen recording, screenshots, and more.
Set up Guide
- Install and launch the app on both your iOS device and your TV.
- Enter the Pin Code from your TV to your iPhone.
- Go to the “Control Center” and select the “screen mirroring” option.
- Select your device, and your iPhone will cast on your TV.
Pricing Plan:The software offers a free trial version, whereas a pricing plan starts at a rate of $12.95 per month.
LetsView is an even more effective screen mirroring software that supports PCs, TV, and mobile devices. Along with supporting iPhones, it is also compatible with Android devices. The software is easy to use and does not require any third-party app to get connected. Its advanced features convert your iPhone into a remote control giving you full access to content on the TV.
Set up Guide
- Install the app and launch it on both your TV and your iPhone.
- Connect both the devices with the same Wi-Fi connection.
- Enter the QR code from your TV screen to your iPhone.
- Select the “Screen Mirroring” option to mirror your iPhone to your TV.
Pricing Plan:It is free to use.
AnyCast is a media streaming device that takes your iPhone content to the TV in your living room. It supports DLNA, which helps you connect all your home multimedia apps. The best features involve adjusting the resolution right according to the compatibility of your TV. It also allows you to stream live cameras and videos directly from the internet.
Set up Guide
- Plug your AnyCast device into the HDMI port of your TV.
- Select the HDMI input option on your TV. The TV will display an SSID and password of your AnyCast Device.
- In your iPhone, go to Wi-Fi and connect it to the AnyCast device by typing in the password from the TV screen.
- Open Safari on your iPhone and the AnyCast IP address and connect it to your home Wi-Fi.
- Now open “Control Center” in your iPhone and then select “Screen Mirroring."
- Select the name of your AnyCast device, and your iPhone will be displayed on your TV.
Pricing Plan:The software offers a wide range of pricing plans, from a developer plan to a customized yearly plan.
- Silver: $80 per month.
- Gold: $120 per month.
- Platinum: $300 per month.
AllCast is another alternative you can opt for to connect your iPhone to the TV instantly. Using this app, you can watch movies, listen to music and play your favorite games from iPhone to your TV without Apple TV. The connection does not require cables or any sort of hardware.
Set up Guide
- Install the app on your iOS device and turn on your TV.
- Select the Cast icon at the bottom of your screen, and the app will detect the nearby devices.
- Choose your smart TV from the list to connect it with your iPhone.
- Your iPhone will stream on your TV.
Pricing Plan:It offers a free trial version, whereas the premium version will cost you $4.99 per month.
AirBeam TV lets you mirror your iPhone to your smart TV without involving the complex cables or installing and buying any hardware. The software works great even if you are using a Mac device. The app offers different screen aspect ratios, allowing you to have a great time on the huge screen.
Set up Guide
- Install and launch the app on both iPhone and your smart TV.
- Connect your devices to the same Wi-Fi connection.
- Go to iPhone's “Control Center” and click on the Screen Recording option.
- Select the name of your TV device, and finally, your iPhone will be mirrored to the TV.
The app is available for $114.
6. Screen Mirroring-TV Cast
Screen Mirroring-TV cast enables you to watch movies, videos, photos and even lets you cast videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, and Dailymotion. It is compatible with all iOS devices and displays high-resolution images on the screen. Besides, you don’t need to download any hardware or connect any cables.
Set up Guide
- Install and open the app on your iPhone.
- Connect the app with your smart TV.
- Select the “Start Mirroring” option to mirror your iPhone content on the TV screen.
Pricing Plan:The app is free to use but involves in-app purchases.
You may also like:
How to Use AirPlay on Windows 10 - Using AirPlay Explained
[Full Guide] How to Mirror iPhone to PC/Computer/Laptop in 2021
[Solved] Why is Zoom Airplay Not Working？
Best Methods to Fix Airplay Unable to Connect 3 Ways to Screen Mirror Your iPad to TV
Part 3: You May Also Want to Know (HOT FAQs)
Q1. How to connect iPhone to TV wirelessly without Apple TV?
Even if you don’t own an Apple TV, you can watch and enjoy your iPhone content on your flat screen smart TV. You can either use wireless streaming devices such as Chromecast and Roku or install a mirror screening app such as ApowerMirror, AllCast, and AnyCast from the App Store.
Q2. How to connect iPad to TV wirelessly without Apple TV?
Chromecast device is a good alternative for mirroring your iPad to TV wirelessly. Using a Chromecast device and downloading a Chromecast mirror screening app from the App Store, you can easily mirror your iPad screen on your smart TV.
Q3. How to connect Mac to TV wirelessly without Apple TV?
The best choice for connecting your Mac device to the TV wirelessly without Apple TV is to install the LetsView app on your Mac device. Besides being free and having an easy interface, the app displays your entire Mac screen on the TV.
Q4. How to play Apple music on TV without Apple TV?
To enjoy some quality music from your Apple device without Apple TV, download ApowerMirror on your Mac device and your TV as well. Next, follow these simple steps.
- Scan the QR code from the TV to your iPhone. This will start the mirroring process.
- As a result, your iPhone screen displays on your TV and streams the Apple music on TV.
Q5. Why is my iPhone not mirroring my TV?
If your smart TV is unable to pick your iPhone device, there could be several reasons for this problem. Make sure the devices are upgraded to the latest software and are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.