Cloning a phone means you are copying every possible data from the phone unto another phone. If you went back to the early days of mobile phones, only intelligence agencies or people with sophisticated technologies could attempt to clone a phone.
Now, there are so many amazing apps – both mobile and desktop – that are easily accessible to everyone, and provide a very efficient method to clone almost any smartphone.
This article takes a closer look at these clone phone apps.
Part 1: Apps for Cloning a Phone to an Android Phone
If you plan to switch between Android phones, or you plan to switch from iPhone to Android or maybe from a Windows phone to Android, you would most certainly hope to bring all your data from your older phone to your new one.
Using a clone app is the best way to guarantee that all your data are transferred to your new Android phone. Here are the leading mobile clone apps you can choose from.
1.1. Phone Clone App for Samsung - Smart Switch
While not labelled as a clone app, Smart Switch definitely offers cloning functions. It makes it possible to clone almost all the data from an old Samsung phone, and many data from any other brand of phone. It is feasible to clone your phone’s data from any other smart phone, but it is only possible to clone to a Samsung. To put it differently, the receiving phone must be a Samsung Galaxy phone.
An extra benefit of Smart Switch is that it offers multiple methods to clone and transfer data to another phone. For the Smart Switch mobile app, it is possible to clone your phone either using Wi-Fi or a USB adapter. Smart Switch also makes it possible to transfer data using its desktop tool and from cloud storages like iCloud.
It supports cloning all your music, videos, photos, notes, calendar, call history, settings, apps, and documents, among others.
Here is how you can clone a phone with Samsung's Smart Switch mobile, using Wi-Fi:
- Download and install the Smart Switch app on both the sending and receiving phones. Choose “Send data” on the sending phone and “Receive data” on the Samsung device.
- Make sure you enable the connection of both phones over Wi-Fi.
- Select all the data you can transfer. The app should display the duration and size of the transfer. Transfer them, and wait for the process to complete.
1.2. Phone Clone App for Huawei - Phone Clone
The Phone Clone app by Huawei is an excellent tool for cloning a phone. The app boasts a super-fast transfer/cloning capability which can reach a speed of 1GB per minute. Phone Clone uses secure wireless network encryption which guarantees the safety of all cloned data.
Similar to Smart Switch, the Phone Clone app can clone most data from any smart phone to Huawei. It supports cloning data from almost all other Android and iOS devices, and you do not need Wi-Fi to use the app. Phone Clone instead connects the sending and receiving phones via QR code.
Here is how you can clone a phone with Huawei’s Phone Clone app:
- Download the Phone Clone app on the sending and receiving devices.
- Open the app and select “This is the new phone” on the new device and “This is the old phone” on the older device.
- Scan the QR code and select the data you wish to clone.
- Click “Send data” and wait till you see “Transfer complete”.
1.3. Phone Clone App for OPPO - Clone Phone
OPPO is becoming a leading Smartphone manufacturer, and just like many other smartphones, they created Clone Phone app to clone all your phone’s data when you choose to migrate to an OPPO phone. Unlike Android and iOS operating systems, OPPO has its own ColorOS operating system which is actually based on Android, but offers some specific customizations.
The OPPO Clone Phone app is available for download on the Google Play store, but not on Apple’s App Store. However, the app still makes it possible to clone data off your iPhone by using iCloud instead of an iPhone app. With Clone Phone you can clone all your contacts, apps, pictures, videos, music and messages, among others.
Here is how you can clone a phone with OPPO’s Clone Phone App:
- On your OPPO phone, go to Tools, then tap on Clone Phone. Select New Phone, then iPhone.
- Connect your phone to the Internet when prompted and enable two Factor Authentication.
- Next you log in the iCloud account of your old iPhone and then you enter the Apple ID verification code you receive on your iPhone or by SMS.
- Enter the lock-screen password to continue if you’re prompted and select the data you wish to clone from iCloud.
- Download the Clone Phone app from Google Play and on your OPPO phone, go to Tools, then tap on Clone Phone. Select New Phone, then "Other Android Phone".
- Use the Android phone to scan the QR code on the OPPO and it would begin to clone your phone.
Part 2: Phone Clone App for iPhone - Move to iOS
It is also possible to clone data from a different iPhone to a newer iPhone or from Android to iPhones. This makes sure that you do not lose all your important data when you switch to an iPhone. The easiest way to clone a phone to a new iPhone is to use Apple’s Move to iOS app.
Move to iOS is Apple’s flagship app to help you clone a smartphone and transfer the data to an iPhone. It is compatible with almost every modern Android device and iPhone, and it offers a very simple method to clone all your pictures, contacts, messaging history, and videos, among others.
Here is how you can clone your phone with the Move to iOS app:
- If you plan to clone from an Android device, download the Move to iOS app from the Google Play.
- Continue setting up your new iPhone and stop when you reach “Apps & Data”. Then you tap on “Move Data from Android”.
- You will receive a code on your iPhone, enter it on the Android select the data available for transfer. Tap on “Next” and wait for the transfer to be complete.
Tip: WhatsApp Clone App [More Data Clone Supported]
iMyFone iTransor Pro is a fantastic tool for cloning all WhatsApp data from phone to phone. It also supports cloning the other 17 types of data, including SMS, photos, music, ringtones, documents, etc., from iPhone to Samsung.
It is a desktop tool that functions by connecting both phones to your PC through USB cables. Moreover, iMyFone iTransor Pro guarantees the safety of all your data because it stores them to your computer’s local hard drive.
Here is how you can clone your WhatsApp using iTransor Pro:
- Download the program to your PC, and install it.
- Open the app and connect your phones to your PC using USB cables. Remember to allow the computer to access your phone data, if you haven’t done them already.
- Click Next and follow all the on screen instructions.
- Next you should simply wait for the process to complete.