When you make a switch from iOS to Android, you realize that your important calendars such as appointment, events, meeting, are still there in iCloud. If you want to sync the iCloud calendar with your new Android device but don’t know how, then you have come to the right place. The good news is that there are several ways out there to help you transfer iCloud calendar to Android device. So, continue reading to explore all hassle-free ways to sync, share, or see your iCloud calendar on your new Android phone.
- Part 1. Use iCloud Web to Share the Calendar with Google Account
- Part 2. Sync iCloud Calendar to Android from iPhone Settings
- Part 3. Use Third-Party Applications to Sync iCloud Calendar with Android
- Tip: Sync iCloud WhatsApp Backup with Android
Part 1. Use iCloud Web to Share the Calendar with Google Account
There’s an easy and free way to share iCloud calendar on your Android device as long as you own both Google and iCloud account. Through iCloud Web, you’ll be able to export the iCloud calendar to a .ica file and then upload it to your Google calendar. Then sync the Google account with your new Android device.
Below is the step-by-step guide on how to use iCloud Web for sharing the calendar with Google Account:
Step 1 - Exporting iCloud Calendar as .ica File.
- Open the iCloud website and then sign-in to your account.
- Tap “Calendar” to enter the calendar control panel.
- Select a calendar category, such as Calendar/Work. Hit the Share icon.
- In the pop-up window, choose “Public calendar”. In a while, the URL will appear which starts with webcal.
- Copy the URL and then paste it into your browser’s address field. (Don’t hit Return or Enter).
- Change “webcal” to “http” and then press “Enter/Return”.
- An ica. file that saves your iCloud calendar will be downloaded to your system automatically.
- Launch Google browse and log-in to your Google account. After then, open the Google Calendar website. On the left column, tap the reversed triangle right to the “Other calendars” tab.
Step 2 - Uploading to a Google Calendar.
- When you tap the reversed triangle right to the “Other calendars” tab, you’ll see a drop-down menu and select Import Calendar.
- Browse your system to import the .ica file to Google Calendar.
Step 3 - Syncing Google Account with Android.
- On your Android device, open Settings > Accounts & Sync/Users&accounts.
- All accounts you signed into are displayed. If the target Google Account is there, then simply click Google Account. If not, then click “Add Account”.
- On Google Account sync screen, click Sync Calendar > Sync Now. When it's done, you'll be able to see iCloud Calendar on your Android device.
That's how to share iCloud calendar with Android using the iCloud website.
Part 2. Sync iCloud Calendar to Android from iPhone Settings
You can simply navigate to your iPhone settings in order to see the iCloud calendar on Android. Have a quick glance at below step-by-step guide to sync Calendar to Android from iPhone settings and see if this works for you.
Step 1: On your iOS device, open the “Settings” app.
Step 2: Choose “Passwords & Accounts”.
Step 3: Choose “Gmail” if here. Else, choose “Add Account” to add your target Google account.
Step 4: In the “Gmail” section, ensure that the “Calendars” option is enabled.
Step 5: That's it and it will sync all of your calendars automatically.
Now, you can move to your Android device and use the same Google account you added on your iPhone. You would probably see your iCloud calendars on your Android phone.
Part 3. Use Third-Party Applications to Sync iCloud Calendar with Android
If you find the above methods a bit challenging to add the iCloud calendar to Android, then no worries!! There are some great 3rd-party applications that can make a syncing iCloud calendar to Android device job quite easier and quicker. With so many options available online, you may find a bit hard to determine the one that really works. Luckily, you're in the right place. Simply use one of the following apps to sync your iCloud calendar to an Android phone.
Option one - SmoothSync for Cloud Calendar
With the help of SmoothSync for Cloud Calendar, you can make an iPhone to Android connection for quick calendar syncing from your iPhone to an Android device. There's no need to export, file download, upload, or import via a web-based application. All you need to do is to set up the SmoothSync for Cloud Calendar app, and you're ready to go.
Let's first have a look at its main features:
- Support for multiple accounts and subscribed calendars.
- Automatic syncing of calendar names and colors.
- Tailored sync interval options.
Below is the quick guide of how to use SmoothSync for Cloud Calendar:
Step 1: To use this app, first you need to set up your iCloud account on your iDevice, and let it backup your calendar to iCloud.
Step 2: Get the app on your Android device from the Google Play Store and sign-in to your iCloud account.
Step 3: Choose which iCloud calendars you want to sync with your Android phone. Once the app is properly set up, and as long as your iCloud is active on your iDevice, any change you make in your iDevice calendar will be reflected in your Android phone or tablet.
If you don't find SmoothSync for Cloud Calendar great option to sync your iCloud calendars with Android device, then give a try to the following app.
Option Two - Sync for iCloud
Another third-party application to view iCloud calendar on Android device for free is none another than Sync for iCloud. The best thing about this app is that it offers all features for free to use.
The key features of the app include:
- Two-way synchronization
- Tutorial to sign-in with two-step verification.
- Background synchronization
- Support for multiple accounts and calendars.
- A function that allows users to create a new calendar from the app itself.
Below is the quick guide of how to use Sync for iCloud:
Step 1: To use this app also, you need to first set up your iCloud account on your iOS device, and enable it to backup your calendar to iCloud.
Step 2: Get the app on your Android phone or tablet from the Google Play Store and sign-in to your iCloud account.
Step 3: Upon the successful login, you'll be able to view your iCloud calendars on your Android phone.
That's how Sync for iCloud works.
Those are all the solutions here to sync iCloud calendar with Android device. In this post, we have covered all possible ways to view, share, or sync your iCloud calendar with your Android phone or tablet. Needless to say, every method discussed here has some kind of limitation. For instance, syncing via the iCloud web is a time-consuming process, while syncing from iPhone settings requires you to have access to your device. So, which method is best for you depend upon your requirements. So, go through all the ways and simply pick the one that makes your job easier!
Tip: Sync iCloud WhatsApp Backup with Android
However, calendar sync won't be enough when you switch to an Android device from iPhone. There are many ways to transfer the Calendar, but not many ways to transfer WhatsApp chats. iMyFone developed an application that helps you directly transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android. The app – iMyFone iTransor Pro, has helped over 70,000 users to sync their WhatsApp data and earned great compliment. And it only takes a few simple steps to restore WhatsApp from icloud to Android.
Remember to restore your iCloud WhatsApp backup to your iPhone first and then download iMyFone iTransor Pro to see its functions. You can also use it to transfer data from iPhone to Samsung. Just try it out!