Many iPhone users face problems with moving valuable data from their iPhones to Android devices. This problem could arise after purchasing a new phone and a person wants to have precisely all the data from the old device, in the new one. Many iPhone users also simply desire to share their data with friends or family who might be using an Android mobile phone.
This article examines the top 3 methods for transferring data from iCloud to Android devices.
Option 1. Using Google Drive for iCloud to Android Transfer [Universal]
Here we are going to introduce an official cloud storage app by Google — Google Drive. Although it does not offer a direct iCloud to Android transfer, it offers iPhone to Android transfer and it is increasingly adopted by many iOS users who can simply download their desired data from iCloud onto their iPhones, before using Google Drive to move them to an Android device. All Android devices are supported by this method.
1.1 An Introduction to Google Drive
Google Drive allows users to store media files with up to 15 GB of free storage space. It not only supports general files such as archive, audio, pictures, text, and videos, but Adobe software like Autodesk AutoCAD, Photoshop and PDF. Files like Excel, Word, PowerPoint and XML in Windows are also supported.
1.2 Transfer from iCloud to Android via Google Drive
Make sure you have a good internet connection to begin this process.
Step 1: Download Google Drive
- Download the latest version of Google Drive on your iPhone.
- Open and connect to your Google Account through the Google Drive app. You can register for one if you don’t have a Google account.
- After downloading Google drive, you must download all the data you wish to transfer (to the Android device) from iCloud onto your iOS device.
Step 2: Back up your downloaded files
- Open the Google Drive app on your iOS device.
- Go to Menu > Settings> Backup.
- Select the items you want to back up (contacts, calendar events, images and videos) from the iOS device.
- Enable the Backup button.
Step 3: Sign in to your Google Drive on Android
Now you can sign in to your Google account on your Android device. It should be the same account you used on your iOS device. All of your iOS files should be available on your Android app for download. Begin to download and wait for the process to be completed.
1.3 Shortcomings of Google Drive
There are some shortcomings of Google Drive you need to know about Google Drive. It will help you to decide whether to use it or not.
- Uploading and downloading with the Google drive is very slow and time-consuming because it makes use of a phone's internet/Wi-Fi. If you are in a rush to move mass amounts of data, Google drive is not the best for you.
- Google Drive has a free capacity of 15 GB, which is pretty low if you are trying to move lots of data off your phone. You would have to pay to get additional storage space with Google drive. This is different from the additional cost with your phone provider, for consuming lots of internet data.
- Unlike the Smart Switch app which we are going to introduce next, there are limits to the types of data you can transfer with Google drive. You cannot transfer your iMessages, WhatsApp messages and text messages. This is a huge loss for a lot of people.
Option 2. Using Smart Switch for iCloud to Samsung Transfer [Direct]
Having difficulties transferring your files and important data from your iCloud to your Samsung device can be sometimes hard and frustrating. Many people still believe it is impossible. Luckily, Samsung created the Smart Switch app to help its users switch easily from Apple phones to Samsung phones. The Smart switch app can transfer data directly from iCloud to Android.
2.1 An Introduction to Samsung Smart Switch
Smart Switch by Samsung is available for both mobile and desktop devices. The app supports data transfer wirelessly or via a USB cable. The app also requires a strong network connection on the iOS and Samsung devices to enable data transfer. Moreover, for security reasons, the app requires an Apple ID and password before gaining access to iCloud.
2.2 Transfer from iCloud to Samsung via Smart Switch
Make sure you already have a iCloud backup before the transfer. If not, go to Settings on your iPhone, tap on your name, and then tap iCloud. Select “iCloud Backup” and tap on “Back Up Now” to begin backing up your device.
- Install the Smart switch app on your Samsung device and launch it after the installation is complete.
- Choose iPhone > iCloud as your transfer source, and then enter your iCloud email and password in the Smart Switch app.
- Next you need to select all the data you want to transfer, and then tap “Import” on your Samsung device.
Wait for the process to be completed. After completing the transfer process, the smart switch app will recommend some apps (for download) which are similar to the ones you had on your iOS device. Select the ones you wish to download to your Samsung phone and download them.
2.3 Shortcomings of Smart Switch
Although it is fast and easy to use, certain features limit Smart Switch from becoming the best app for your iCloud to Android transfer.
- The app is amazing for transferring important files like your contacts, messages, music and documents from an iOS device, but it only supports Samsung Galaxy phones. If you want to move data from iCloud to other Android devices, you must seek an alternative app.
- Smart Switch app requires a smart device such as the modern Samsung Galaxy devices and it must be running on Android OS 4.3 or newer, while the Apple device must be running on an iOS version 4.2.1 or later. If your device does not meet any of this requirement, you likely need a different app.
- The smart switch app does not automatically back up your data while transferring them. Your data would have to be backed up separately, after completing the transfer process. This could be a risk for your data, especially because the app sometimes experiences glitches mid-transfer.
Option 3. Using iTransor for WhatsApp for iCloud to Android Transfer [Social Media]
While Smart Switch and Google Drive are amazing apps for file and data migration, they both could not transfer your precious WhatsApp data. So it is better to choose a third-party tool like the iTransor for WhatsApp software, which can make iCloud-to-Android WhatsApp transfer in a fast, easy and friendly way.
3.1 An Introduction to iTransor for WhatsApp
iTransor for WhatsApp is a leading software used in transferring WhatsApp data between different devices. It's also a reliable software which keeps your WhatsApp safe during the process of transfer. iTransor for WhatsApp is highly effective for moving all your WhatsApp chats, images, videos, audios, etc. It also operates with a numerous variety of Android and iOS devices, as well as being fully compatible with your computer if you use it to export your WhatsApp data.
3.2 Transfer WhatsApp from iCloud to Android
Here is a complete instruction for you to transfer your WhatsApp data from iCloud to Android. If you want to transfer the WhatsApp data just as its latest version on your iPhone, you can just skip step 1.
Step 1. Restore your iCloud backup to iPhone
- In the WhatsApp on your iPhone, tap on Settings > Chats > Chat Backup to check if your WhatsApp has already been backed up to your iCloud.
- If you can see when the last backup was performed, delete and reinstall WhatsApp.
- After verifying your phone number, follow the prompts to restore your chat history.
- Your WhatsApp on the iPhone will be restored as the backup you choose.
Step 2. Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
- Install iTransor for WhatsApp on your computer and then launch it.
- Connect both your iPhone and Android to the computer and then set iPhone as the source device while Android the destination one.
- Click Transfer to start the process. It should take less than half an hour to finish the transfer, which depends on the size of your WhatsApp data.
- Follow the instructions on screen and soon you will see all your iCloud WhatsApp backup on your new Android device.
3.3 Why iTransor for WhatsApp is the Best Option
We highly recommand you to use iTransor for WhatsApp for the following three reasons.
a. easy to use
The iTransor for WhatsApp installation and user interface is as easy as you could expect. The app can be downloaded from the iMyFone website, which will take only a few minutes. The process of transferring is easy and friendly for any simple PC user. It also requires low system specification and operating system requirements in computers, so that everyone can use it.
iTransor for WhatsApp is highly compatible with many Android and iOS devices. Its compatibility is not restricted to a certain device and it is confirmed to work with 7000+ devices such as iPhones, Samsung, HTC, Huawei, Windows, Xiaomi, OPPO and many others.
c. zero restrictions
Using iTransor for WhatsApp, you can easily back up and transfer your WhatsApp data between different devices without iCloud. You can also export your WhatsApp data to a PC from your Android or iPhone and restore it to the same or any other device, at a later time.