Samsung is one of the best mobile marketing companies in the world and is at the top when regarding the number of global consumers. But, no matter what brand a mobile device is, people change their phones very often due to different reasons. The most important thing to consider or worry about while changing a phone is the transfer of files from the old device to the new one.
There are a large number of applications available in the market for transferring files, aimed at both Android and iOS devices. In this article, we will discuss the best, widely used and secure Samsung data transfer applications like Samsung Smart Switch, Move to iOS etc. and how to use them.
- Part 1: Transfer Data from Samsung to Samsung
- Part 2: Transfer Data from Samsung to iPhone
- Part 3: Transfer Data from Samsung to Other Android Phones
- Part 4: Transfer WhatsApp Data from Samsung to Any Device
Part 1: Transfer Data from Samsung to Samsung
A large portion of people who uses Samsung devices will prefer only a Samsung device as their next choice. So it is very important to know about Samsung data transfer to a new phone and how it can be done.
Using Samsung Smart Switch Application
Samsung Smart Switch is an application that can be used only to transfer files between two Samsung devices. As it is developed by the company itself, it is very safe and secure to use this app for the transfer process.
Steps of Transfer
- Install the Samsung Smart Switch Application on both your Samsung devices from the Google Play Store.
- Open the application in both the devices. Now tap on the Connect tab from any one of the Samsung devices to initiate the connection process.
- Once the devices are connected you will be displayed the files that you can transfer from your old Samsung device to your new one. Select the required files by checking the box and hit the Transfer button.
- On the new Samsung device, you will receive a notification, asking your permission to receive the files. Click on OK.
The transfer process will be initiated and will take some time to complete. Make sure that both the devices are not moved apart till you get a transfer completed notification.
Part 2: Transfer Data from Samsung to iPhone
Some people prefer a change and will choose an Apple device as their next mobile device. The change from Samsung to an iPhone can be a huge leap and people will be confused about the transfer processes and applications available. So let us discuss Samsung data transfer to a new iPhone.
Using Move to iOS Application
Move to iOS is an application that can be used strictly to move files only from an Android device like Samsung to an iPhone. This is a very secure application with a single drawback that the target device must always be an Apple device.
Steps of Transfer
- Take your Samsung device and install the Move to iOS application on it from Play store
- Now switch to your new Apple device. You will see a lot of options for setting up your iPhone, among which you have to tap on Move Data from Android.
- Launch the Move to iOS application on your Samsung device and click on Continue.
- You will see a code being generated on your iPhone. Enter the same code on your Samsung device to establish a secure wireless connection between the two devices.
- Once the connection is established select the files you need to transfer and continue.
- Wait for some time till the transfer is complete and then terminate the connection between both the devices.
Part 3: Transfer Data from Samsung to Other Android Phones
As you know, Samsung is not the only Android brand in the market and there are a large number of companies that sell budget and flagship phones that operate on Android. So it is very important to know how the file transferring works between a Samsung device and other Android devices.
Method 1: Samsung File Transfer via Bluetooth
Bluetooth is a feature that has been in Android phones for a long tie. Let us see how this inbuilt feature can be made use of for Samsung file transfer to a new Android phone.
Steps of Transfer
- Go to Settings and turn on the Bluetooth on both your Samsung and the other Android device. Use the passkey provided and pair both the devices.
- Take your Samsung device and select the files you need to transfer and hit the Options icon, which is three vertical dots at the top. Then tap on the name of the Android device you have paired your Samsung device with, to carry out the transfer.
- You will receive a prompt asking if you choose to receive the files sent from the Samsung device. Hit OK or Receive and the transfer will begin.
Method 2: Samsung File Transfer via NFC
NFC stands for Near Filed Contact and this feature can be used to transfer files from a Samsung device to any Android device. As the name indicates, both the devices must be kept very near to one another.
Steps of Transfer
- Take both the Samsung device and the other Android device in your hand. Open the Settings menu in both of them, go to more setting and enable the NFC option. The steps to enable the NFC might slightly differ depending on the Android device you are using.
- Hold both the device back to each other until it vibrates or creates a beep sound, which indicates both the devices have been connected.
- Select the files you need to transfer and hit the share button, you will see an option stating Touch to Beam. Tap on it and the files will be shared with the Android device.
You will need to hold both the device together till the transfer is complete or else the connection will be lost and the transfer will not take place.
Part 4: Transfer WhatsApp Data from Samsung to Any Device
You might be familiar with iMyFone as it is one of the most popular brands among Android and iOS users. iMyFone iTransor Pro packs in a variety of features like the backup, restoration, transfer and export of WhatsApp data under a single roof, which makes it very popular among mobile users.
Some of the features that make the program stand out are:
- Its compatibility with both iOS and Android operating systems, and even Windows
- Easy-to-use interface and simple steps
- Complete backup and recovery of WhatsApp
- Recovery of WhatsApp data from any device including cloud storage
- 17 more types of data transfers from iPhone to Samsung (Click to check this function>>)
iMyFone iTransor Pro is an all-in-one trusted third-party application which incorporates the features of all the transfer options mentioned above into one. It allows the WhatsApp transfer between any two devices irrespective of the operation system they are running on. So this is one application that can be used for the transfer of WhatsApp data from a Samsung to any other device, between two Android devices, between two iPhones or even between an Android and an iPhone.
Steps of Transfer
- Download and install the application on your PC.
- Launch the application and tap on the Transfer WhatsApp button. Make sure that you have connected both your source and destination devices to the PC by using a USB cable after doing so.
- Check if the Source device and Target device are marked correct. You can change the positions of both the devices by hitting the Switch tab in between. Tap on the Transfer button when you are done.
- The transfer will be initiated and will take a few minutes to complete. The larger the size of the file, the more time it takes. Safely remove the devices after the transfer is complete.
Here in this article, we have discussed the different ways in which Samsung data transfer to a new phone can be achieved, whether it be a Samsung, iPhone, or any other Android device. You can search the article for a method that suits you best and then you will have your Samsung data transferred successfully. Please let us know what you think about our recommendations in the comment box below.