Smart Switch is an app created by Samsung to help make the transfer of data from an old device to a Samsung phone a breeze. The app allows you to migrate almost all of your data, including your photos, messages, videos, favorite apps, music library, calendar events, and contacts (even your device settings). This gives you the chance to carry on with your new Samsung phone right where you last left off.
However, it should be noted that Samsung Smart Switch not working is a common issue that people usually meet. There may be different reasons that cause this problem. For example, people get stuck at 1%, 99% or anywhere while using Samsung Smart Switch to transfer data from iPhone to Samsung, due to the unstable network connection or insufficient device storage space. Here we give you a full brief of all these reasons, as well as the solutions to fix the 'Samsung Smart Switch not working' issue.
Why Is Samsung Smart Switch Not Working? [How to Fix]
Firstly, you should understand some weak points in the app to learn about the objective reasons why Smart Switch is not working. For example, your phone must run either iOS 4.2.1 or Android 4.3 or later. This in and of itself is an issue that leaves many mobile phone users out – preventing them from using the app.
Also, take into account the following:
- The app cannot transfer encrypted or secure data, such as your WhatsApp chats.
- The software may not be able to move login details to mobile banking apps and a few more other types of apps.
- Smart Switch will not migrate content with Digital Rights Management (DRM).
- Mov. files cannot be played on Samsung phones if that's what you want to transfer.
- If you are sending data from an iPhone, Smart Switch will try to find (and then download) an Android alternative to the apps you wish to transfer from the iOS device. If it does not track any such alternatives, your data will not be transferred. This is because the App Store and the Google Play Store are individual platforms that contain different apps and games selections.
After all, Smart Switch users usually bump into some common issues when trying to migrate files from an old device to a Samsung phone. For example, Smart Switch prompts not enough space, Smart Switch stuck on 1% to 99%, Smart Switch takes a long time, or Smart Switch not connecting... For so many situations, we've concluded the following three solutions you can always try to fix them
Solution 1.Free up some device space
This can be applied when your device does not have the minimum required free space (500MB). Note that both devices should have that amount of free space on them. However, with large bulks of information that need to be migrated, that storage space amount can increase significantly. If this is your case, you will have to find a way to free up some space on your phones.
You can try clear device cache by going to Settings > Stoage first. Then, which content you will eventually erase to create that needed space can be challenging. You might find some relief if you make a backup of your files, transfer them on cloud storage, and then delete them from your device(s). Or you could unselect some of the items you wish to migrate. This, nevertheless, is like doing half the job you wanted to do in the first place since important files will still be sitting on your old device.
Solution 2.Change the network connection
This usually works when Smart Switch is not working because the app does not remain open while it transfers data between the devices. If you close the app for whatever reason, the data migration may stop, which means that you will probably have to start all over again.
Perhaps change the way to move data via Smart Switch (i.e., via Wi-Fi instead of USB cable) can help resolve this problem. Do bear in mind, though, that your phones should be 20cm apart (approximately) for the Wi-Fi method to be effective as the software uses high-frequency audio to connect the two devices. Also, check that the speakers and the microphone on both devices are not covered for the same reason.
Solution 3.Check the USB cables and ports
This is a useful method for devices that are all good for any other reasons. If Samsung Smart Switch is still not working, consider checking your cables and USB connections and make sure your USB is set for data migration. Also, ensure that you give access to your data by allowing MTP connection (a notification will pop up).
This could require you to restart your computer, though. Reopening Smart Switch could be a solution worth trying out. As you can understand, fixing this issue can take a while (you may not even be able to resolve it, in the first place, even after all your efforts).
Alternatives to Deal with 'Samsung Smart Switch Not Working' Issue
Below are three of the safest and most effective alternatives to move data from an old phone (Android- or iOS-powered) to a new Samsung device when Samsung Smart Switch is not working.
2.1 iTransor Pro - Transfer 18 types of data from iPhone to Samsung
iMyFone iTransor Pro is a tool that will not only enable you to move WhatsApp data from iPhone to Samsung (including any attachments, such as video messages), but also the other 17 kinds of phone data, namely calendar, reminders, ringtones, eBooks, contacts, text messages, call history, music, photos, videos, notes, alarms, voice memos, apps, documents, bookmarks, and WiFi passwords.
The special feature of it is the part about WhatsApp, which is not supported by other methods even Samsung Smart Switch. The steps described below refer to WhatsApp data transfer from an iPhone to a Samsung (or another Android phone):
Step #1: Connect the devices
- Download and open the software from the official website. Note that for now the app is available for only Windows users. The Mac version is coming soon.
- Choose Transfer WhatsApp on the main interface and then the component iTransor for WhatsApp will be loaded out on your computer.
- Use the USB cables that came with your phones, connect both to your computer, and grant access to phone data.
Step #2: Transfer your conversations
- Set on your new phone (the Samsung model) as the target phone and distinguish your old phone (the iPhone) as the source device. If they are set differently by the app, simply click Switch to get it right.
- Start the data transfer and look at the on-screen instructions to complete the process, which usually takes around half an hour (depends on the amount of data you wish to migrate, though).
To transfer the other 17 types of data from iPhone to Samsung, you can check the official guide and get it done within minutes. You can also use this function to check what and how much data you have on the iPhone, which is totally free.
2.2 CLONEit - Transfer common data from Android to Samsung
This app will help you transfer data, such as your contacts, documents, media files, messages, and call logs, between different phones via Wi-Fi. This wireless data transfer comes in handy as it saves you all the trouble of having to use USB cables to make the connection among the devices. You only need to ensure both phones are close to one another so the software can work efficiently. Here is the drill involved:
Step #1: Clone your data from Android
- Install and launch the app on both phones.
- Give permission to install apps from Unknown Sources (a notification will pop up on your old phone asking you to confirm this).
- Tap on Sender on your old device and give the app a few seconds to turn the phone into a hotspot.
- Use your new Samsung phone and connect to the newly created hotspot (open your Wifi networks’ list to view and connect to it).
Step #2: Receive data on Samsung
- Your old phone will start looking for the new Samsung phone to connect. Tap on OK on your new phone to confirm the connection.
- Select the files you wish to migrate and tap on Start to initiate the transfer. When the move of data is complete, you will receive a notification.
2.3 Copy My Data - Transfer basic data from iPhone to Samsung
This is a good option to transfer videos, photos, calendar entries, and contacts from one device to another, be it iOS or Android-powered. It, too, uses Wi-Fi networks to get the job done and can even migrate data between phones of different operating systems, such as from an iPhone to a Samsung model. This means that it is available on both the Google Play Store and the App Store. Here are the instructions:
Step #1: Download and install the app
- Install and run the app on both phones and tap Next.
- Select the target device (where you will be sending data to) and the source device (the old phone that will be sending the files) in the Select Device interface.
Step #2: Transfer files to Samsung
- Tap Copy data to selected device on your old phone.
- Tap Copy data from selected device on your new phone.
- Your old phone will display a PIN code. Enter it in the new phone to confirm the connection.
- Select the files you want to migrate and tap Next to initiate the transfer.
Although both CLONEit and Copy My Data are excellent alternatives to Samsung Smart Switch, they come with a significant drawback – neither enables you to transfer WhatsApp text messages and chats. This is why we suggest iTransor Pro, to make the migration of WhatsApp a problem belonging in the past.
Samsung Smart Switch is a smart way to transfer data from an old phone to a Samsung device. Nevertheless, it is tied to several limitations and issues. Although most of them can be easily fixed, the solutions do demand a considerable amount of time on your behalf. You can always try out the three alternative options listed above and see which one serves your needs the most!