There are many reasons as to why you might decide to use Smart Switch to transfer from iPhone to Samsung. For example, you want to get better control over your device in terms of customisation, along with a great range of your old iPhone data. And Smart Switch is exactly Samsung's application that allows users to transfer some files from one device to another. So you choose it and wonder how to use.
This article will demonstrate how you can utilize Smart Switch for iPhone to Samsung transfer and how to transfer more data from iPhone to Samsung.
- Part 1. Smart Switch for iPhone to Samsung Transfer
- Part 2. Alternative Methods for Smart Switch (iPhone to Samsung) Transfer
Part 1. Smart Switch for iPhone to Samsung Transfer
Samsung Smart Switch supports the transfer of data like images, music files and call history. However, some files are not supported, such as emails, live wallpapers, and some application data. And sometimes it might even pop up a message saying "Samsung Smart Switch not enough space". You can click to compare the other 2 alternatives, one of which will allow you transfer your WhatsApp data through PC.
Here are 3 ways you can use it to transfer data from iPhone to Samsung.
Way 1 – Wireless transfer of Smart Switch
You may choose to use this way if you do not have access to data transfer cables or a PC. However, before using this method, ensure that you have turned off two-step verification on your Apple ID/iCloud account and both your devices are connected to the same, stable network.
Once you have done this, you will have to:
- Open Smart Switch on your Samsung phone. This can either be found in your phone's settings or it can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
- Tap on Receive data, and then choose iPhone/iPad, and Connect wirelessly to iCloud.
- Log in to your iCloud via the Smart Switch application.
- Select the information and file types that you would like to transfer from your Samsung to iPhone and then click on Import.
- Wait untill the transfer is complete.
Way 2 – Cable transfer of Smart Switch
Once you have disabled two-step verification on your iCloud account (the full details on how you can do this can be found online), ensure that you have Smart Switch on your new Samsung phone. This can usually be found in your device's settings. However, if it cannot be located, it can easily be downloaded and installed from the Play Store. You will also need a USB-C or Micro USB (depending on your phone) to Lightning cable. Then:
- Connect your devices using the cable.
- Go onto the Smart Switch application and then click Receive.
- The devices will be connected automatically. Once this is done, select the file types you wish to transfer and then tap Transfer.
- Wait for the process to complete.
Way 3 – PC/Mac transfer of Smart Switch
This is the most time-consuming method when using the Smart Switch application, so only attempt this method if the other two methods mentioned do not work.
Before you use this method, ensure that you have:
- A USB data transfer cable for both devices.
- A PC/Mac with sufficient space to download and install Smart Switch on.
- The latest version of iTunes downloaded and installed on your PC.
- Two-factor verification disabled on your Apple ID account.
Then, you will have to:
- Connect your iPhone to your PC and through iTunes, create a backup. This can be done by clicking on your iPhone in iTunes and then in the summary section.
- Wait for the backup to complete and then safely remove your iPhone from your computer.
- Download and install the Smart Switch PC program from the Samsung website.
- Launch the program and connect your Samsung phone to your PC.
- Click on Restore, Restore now and then iTunes Backup Data.
- Select the files that you would like the program to transfer and then click OK, Restore now and then Allow.
- Wait for the transfer to complete.
Part 2. Alternative Methods for Smart Switch (iPhone to Samsung) Transfer
We'd like to recommend you two methods here to transfer data from iPhone to Samsung, one of which is highly effective while the other can be eaily used. Check the both in below and then you can make your own choice.
Method 1 – Transfer 18 types of data from iPhone to Samsung [Recommended]
If you are looking for an all-in-one tool for efficient file transfer that works cross-platform, then the iTransor Pro tool by iMyFone is the solution for you. It supports 18 file types, even including WhatsApp! This is perfect if you are looking to transfer a large number of files from your iPhone to your Samsung.
Furthermore, you do not have to worry about losing data amid this process. That is because this method transfers your data safely and securely, using a local transfer method rather than the Wi-Fi methods preferred by other tools, such as the Smart Switch application.
- Install and launch the iTransor Pro software on your PC.
- Connect your devices to your PC and click on Transfer.
- Select all the file types you wish to transfer.
- Proceed and wait for the files to be transferred.
As you can see, this is an extremely simple method of moving your data from iPhone to Samsung. If you would like to learn about the full method, you can check out the official guide.
Method 2 – Send your files from iPhone to Samsung via WhatsApp
WhatsApp is widely used to send messages to friends and family, while it can also be useful to send a few files to yourself the same way you would to friends and family. However, we only recommend you use this method if you would like to transfer a few files. Sending lots of files using this method will be very time-consuming and since not all file types are supported, you will have to use the former method.
You can approach this method in two ways. Either create a group chat with someone else and remove them, leaving you in the group chat alone, or get an alternative phone number. Once you have at least one of these, you will need to:
- Find the files you want to send from your iPhone and then share them via WhatsApp.
- Send the files to yourself using the two ways mentioned above.
- Log in to WhatsApp Web on your PC and download these files to your computer.
- Log out of WhatsApp from your iPhone. This is done because you cannot use the same WhatsApp account on two separate devices simultaneously.
- Log in to your WhatsApp account on your Samsung phone and then log back into WhatsApp web via a PC.
- Send the files to yourself through the same method mentioned in step 2 through WhatsApp web.
As you can see, the best method is iMyFone iTransor Pro, when you are transferring files from iOS to Samsung. Furthermore, support for transfer between Android and Samsung will be added in a future version, so be sure to check it out.