Although you may have only heard of Huawei phones in the past couple of years, with some of their models, such as the P20 pro being a huge success, they have been making Android phones for over the past decade. The company was founded even more decades ago, so they are not new to the technological industry. This is why Huawei phones are the choice of mobile devices for some people.
If you have recently decided to switch to a Huawei phone from your iPhone, you may be excited. However, there is a daunting part of the process: transferring your data (if this isn't done correctly). Your initial thought may be to send this data to yourself through emails and then download it on your new phone, however that will take too long to do. Furthermore, you won't be able to move some file types, such as reminders this way. After reading this article, you'll get several methods including easy and complicated ones to transfer data from iPhone to Huawei phone. Take a look and just try.
Part 1. Huawei Phone Clone - Official Method to Transfer Data from iPhone to Huawei
You can use the Huawei Phone Clone app, which is officially provided by Huawei to transfer files from other phones to your Huawei. This app usually comes pre-installed on newer Huawei phones, but if it isn't, you can search for it on the app market your phone is using and install it from there, free of charge.
The Phone Clone app transfers files wirelessly from your old phone (which could be an Android phone or an iPhone) to your Huawei device. Once you have the phone clone on both your iPhone and your Huawei:
- Open the Huawei Phone clone application on your new phone and select "New phone".
- Select "Old phone" on your iPhone, this will be sending the data to your new phone.
- When prompted, select "iOS" as the old phone operating system on your new phone.
- Scan the QR code that appears on your new phone's screen with your old phone.
- Select the file types that you want to move and tap Transfer.
- Wait until the files have moved to your new phone.
One major disadvantage of using the Huawei phone clone is that it doesn't support all the file types. This means you may not have all the data that you wanted from your iPhone onto your Huawei when using phone clone. Furthermore, the time taken for the transfer can be quite long, depending on the total capacity of files being moved.
Part 2. iCloud – For Specific File Transfer Only
Although you cannot use iCloud to move all your backed-up data from your iPhone to your Huawei, you can download the data to another device and then move it to your Android phone. In this article, we will briefly show you how to do this for Contacts. Make sure you check out the full article detailing how you can move Contacts from your iPhone to your new Android on our website. This will give you the steps that you need to take in more details.
You will need to have an iCloud account, a PC and an email account for this method to work (if you have a Google account, then that can also act as an email account).
- Back up your contacts from your iPhone to your iCloud account through the settings application.
- Log in to your iCloud account on your PC and select Contacts.
- Export all your contacts as a vCard.
- Email this vCard to yourself from an email account that can be accessed from your Huawei phone.
- Download this vCard on your Huawei phone.
- Import the Contacts from the vCard using the pre-installed Contacts application on your Huawei phone.
This method lets you move all your exported contacts from your iPhone to your Huawei and also gives you a copy of the Contacts that may be required if you ever accidentally delete your contacts. (You just need to download the vCard and import the contacts again if this ever happens).
Part 3. Manual File Transfer - Taking iTunes for Example
You can decide to manually back up your files, to your PC, and then download/move them onto your Huawei phone. This process will take longer because you need to copy your iPhone files to your PC, which can take a long time. Then, they will need to be copied to the correct location on your Huawei phone. Furthermore, you will not be able to move all file types that are supported by other mentioned tools. This method is only useful for mainly media files, such as images and videos. The advantage of using this method, however, is that you will have a backup of these files on your PC, meaning they can be accessed even if your phone is accidentally wiped or you lose it.
- Download and install iTunes to your PC, if it hasn't already been installed.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC.
- Sync your files to your PC.
- Locate these files and copy them to another location, such as a folder on the desktop.
- Connect your Huawei to your PC using a cable.
- Copy these files from your PC to your Huawei (you may need to select "File Transfer" on your Huawei under connection type).
You can search for more details on how to access your iPhone files on your PC by searching for these guides online. However, we won't go into much depth because the method varies for different file types and can become very complicated. Moreover, this method requires a lot of time and isn't recommended unless you are certain that you don't want to use any of the other methods given.
You can try all the methods or just choose the one you like to get your data transfer from iPhone to Huawei done. Hopefully, this article has been helpful to you. Please share this article with your friends and family if you think they will find it useful.