If you are switching from Samsung to iPhone, you will be aware of the fact that although iOS and Android have similar features, there are fundamental differences between the two mobile operating systems. Once you have decided to switch from Samsung to iPhone after having researched some of the advantages iOS has over Android, then you will want to move your data to your new iPhone. Initially, you may think that this process will take a lot of time, however with the correct method, this can be a quick and easy process. This article will show you the best methods on how you can transfer data from Samsung to iPhone.
1. Transfer Most Data from Samsung to iPhone
Move to iOS is an official app which you can download from the Google Play Store, published by Apple to assist you with moving most of your data from your Samsung to your new iPhone. Before you use this application, ensure that you have a reliable internet connection on both devices, not using mobile data and your iPhone cannot already be setup. If it already is and you want to use this method, you will have to factory reset your device.
Once you have downloaded the app on your Samsung, open it and complete the following:
- Set up your iPhone until you get to the Apps & Data screen. On this screen, you will need to tap Move Data from Android.
- A code will be generated by your iPhone. Enter this code on your Samsung.
- Select all the content that you want to be moved from your Samsung to your iPhone. (Please make sure that you have enough storage to move all the selected file types.)
- Wait until the atrnsfer is complete and continue to set up your iPhone as usual.
This method uses Wi-Fi so it might take a while for the files to transfer, depending on how many files need to be moved and the strength of your internet connection. Note that Move to iOS will not allow you to transfer your apps like your basic data such as contacts and messages, it will only generate a list of apps that are the same with or similar to those on your Samsung device, which means it can't bring your precious app data. That's why we recommend you the second method to transfer all your WhatsApp data from Samsung to iPhone.
2. Transfer All WhatsApp Data from Samsung to iPhone [Recommended]
Do you want a way in which you don’t have to do much, and your WhatsApp data will be moved automatically? Do you want a method where the transfer is done quickly so you don’t have to wait during the setup process? Do you want a way that securely transfers your WhatsApp from your Samsung to your iPhone without uploading it to the web? Well, if you answered yes to any of those questions, iMyFone iTransor Pro is the solution for you. As mentioned previously, it is safe, fast and automated, meaning you don’t have to do much apart from watching the software do its magic.
Some of the features that make the program stand out are:
- Compatible with iOS, Android and Windows operating systems
- Complete backup, restore, transfer and export WhatsApp data
- Easy-to-use interface and simple steps
- 17 more types of data supported (from iPhone to Samsung)
We will demonstrate how simple it is to use it by listing the necessary steps you need to take to transfer data from your Samsung to iPhone.
- Download and install the software on your PC (make sure this PC has at least 2 USB ports).
- Launch iTransor Pro and select Transfer WhatsApp from the given options.
- Connect both your Samsung and your iPhone to your PC using USB transfer cables.
- Check to make sure your Samsung is the source device (if it isn’t, you can use the Switch button to make it).
- Click Transfer and wait whilst the software effortlessly moves the WhatsApp data from your Samsung to your new iPhone.
That’s all that needs to be done, from start to end. And the great thing about this is that if you have multiple devices that need to have the data transferred, you can follow the same steps, without having to install the desktop software again.
The next version of iMyFone iTransor Pro will be available for more types of Samsung to iPhone data transfers. Add the complete guide to your collection and stay tuned!
3. Transfer One Data Type at a Time from Samsung to iPhone Manually
Maybe there are some common ones among a variety of data types that you will want to move specifically from your Samsung to the new iPhone. These include photos, videos, contacts and documents. If you don't want to bring all your Samsung data as a whole to the iPhone and the data size you want is not that large, you can try to transfer it manually. Within this article, we will briefly go over how to transfer documents and contacts manually from your Samsung to iPhone.
3.1 Manual Document Transfer from Samsung to iPhone
To make this method work, you will need to have:
- The same email account logged into your iPhone and Samsung.
- Access to the stored files on your Samsung (we recommend you use a file explorer, and your Samsung will likely have one built-in).
Once you have met these requirements, you will need to:
- Select the documents that you want to transfer from your Samsung to your iPhone.
- Choose share (this depends on the application and file explorer you are using but is usually located under the stacked ellipses) and tap your email client.
- Send the email with the attachments to yourself.
- Open the email on your iPhone and download the attachments.
You will now have access to the documents on your iPhone. It follows that if your documents are larger in file size and there are many documents, they will take longer. Also, many emails limit the number of documents you can attach, so if you have many of them, you should use an alternative method.
3.2 Manual Contact Transfer from Samsung to iPhone
For contacts, you can go to the in-depth article which gives many methods of transferring your contacts from Android to iPhone. Here we will briefly touch on how to move your contacts from Samsung to iPhone using a Google account. You will need a Google account for this method to work, although if you have been using Android, you will likely already have one. Make sure that you know the details for this account.
- Back up your contacts on your Samsung to your Google account. This option is located in the settings application but the exact location of it can vary from device to device.
- Wait until all your contacts have been synced to your Google account.
- Login with this Google account on your iPhone.
- Enable contact synchronisation for your iPhone and wait for a few minutes until they have been saved to your iPhone.
Alternatively, you can follow the more complicated method, which gives you more control over which contacts you will transfer from your Samsung to your iPhone.
- Sync your contacts to the Google account logged into your Samsung.
- Login to this Google account on a computer and export the contacts that you would like to transfer as a vCard.
- Go to your iCloud account using your PC through a web browser.
- Import the contacts from the vCard that you just downloaded on your Google account.
- Wait until the contacts have been imported.
Hopefully, this article has assisted you in moving your data from Samsung to iPhone. Some of the methods listed may also work for other Androids, so you can check out the full Android to iPhone transfer guide for more in-depth methods for your devices. If you aren't comfortable using any one of the methods listed above, feel free to try another one. It's all up to you and what you would prefer to do. Furthermore, if you need any assistance in transferring data from Samsung to iPhone, you can leave us a message and we 'll be more than willing to help you out.