If you are wondering how you can transfer messages to your new iPhone, we have the solution for you. In fact, we present four fantastic ways to get it over with! Read on to find out which method could help you move text messages to a new iPhone, whether you used to own an Android or iPhone device. We also provide a fast, safe, and all-in-one app that will let you migrate your WhatsApp messages to a new phone.
Part 1. A Universal Way to Transfer Text Messages to New iPhone
In this section, we give you a handy option to transfer text messages from Android/iPhone to a new iPhone via SHAREit.
SHAREit is a free application that enables users of various devices to send files to another device, irrespective of the operating systems they share. This means that it allows you to transfer files between Android and iOS-powered devices, between devices that are both Android or both iOS, as well as Windows-powered phones. It also makes sending data from a phone to a PC or from a PC to another PC easily attainable. As of now, it is one of the fastest methods to send contacts, videos, apps, music, and photos between devices. What is also particularly interesting about SHAREit is that it requires no USB cables to make the data switch.
Here are the steps involved to send files between your devices via the SHAREit app:
- Download and install the app on your Android phone.
- Tap Send and select the file you wish to transfer.
- Tap Next > Connect to iOS/WP.
- You will notice that your iPhone Personal Hotspot will be activated/set on ON. This is normal as the app needs this to create a personal network between your two devices.
- Join the network on your iPhone and tap on the iOS/Windows Phone radar-like icon to start the file transfer.
Part 2. Transfer Text Messages to New iPhone from iPhone without iCloud
Here we provide you two methods to transfer text messages from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud. If you try the first method and it doesn't work, then we recommend you to use the second method, since it deals with all the iPhone-to-iPhone data transfer issues.
2.1.Sync iMessages between iPhones
Perhaps the single, fastest way to transfer iMessages from one iPhone to another iPhone is to simply sync them! This, of course, has a prerequisite – you need to use the same Apple ID on both devices. To go through the entire process from start to finish, you only need to follow four straightforward steps:
- Open Settings > Messages.
- Turn the iMessages option to ON position.
- Tap on Send & Receive (underneath the ON position mentioned above).
- Initiate the sync process for your iMessages by selecting the phone number and email address of the account that you wish to synchronize to your device.
Give it a few minutes and the messages should appear on your new iPhone.
2.2.Use A Backup & Restore Tool to Transfer Text Messages between iPhones
In order to do text messages transfer to new iPhone easily and effectively, all you need is iMyFone iTransor (renamed from D-Port Pro) which is counted as one of the best backup and restore program. This program stands out because it helps the users selectively backup iPhone data and perform the process smoothly without any overwriting the previous backups. What's more, it is compatible with iOS 14 as well.
- Supports a full or partial backup on their device, such as certain type of data like messages, contacts, WeChat or WhatsApp.
- Supports restoring data selectively. For example, you can smoothly restore only messages, contacts or WhatsApp messages, WeChat messages from the backup you made with iMyFone iTransor, iTunes, or iCloud.
- Supports extracting 20+ types of data from iCloud, iTunes or iMyFone iTransor backup.
- No backup file will be overwritten using this tool.
- The latest iOS 14 is also supported.
Here is a step-by-step guide to backup the old iPhone and to transfer text messages to new iPhone using iMyFone iTransor.
Step 1 – Launch the software and connect the old iPhone from which you wish to backup your messages. Get into the "Acquire Backup from Device & iCloud" tab. You will then need to click on the "Back Up Device" option.
Step 2 – Next, plug your device into computer and tick the Message data type. Tap the Back Up button to start backing up only messages on your old iPhone.
After process completes, disconnect the old iPhone, choose "Restore Backup to iOS Device" on the left menu, and then follow the instructions on how to transfer messages to new iPhone.
Step 3 – Now, connect your new iPhone to computer via a USB cable. Choose "Preview & Restore" or "Directly Restore" to proceed.
Step 4 – The program will restore the backup file and after that you can view the old messages from your old iPhone on your new iPhone.
Part 3. Transfer Text Messages to New iPhone from Android
Things could get a bit more complicated when you want to move files between phones with different operating systems. The good news is that several of the free apps out there can provide valuable assistance toward that direction. One of these apps is Move to iOS that enables Android users to transfer data to new iOS devices. Below are the instructions for what is involved:
Step #1: Connect the phones
- Ensure that both devices are located within lose proximity from one another.
- Head to the Play Store and download the Move to iOS app.
- Start setting up your iPhone. Don't forget to choose to transfer data from an Android device.
Step #2: Launch the app
- Make sure you enable Wi-Fi feature on both phones.
- Launch the app on your Android device.
- Tap Continue to start connecting the phones.
- Enter the code you will receive on your iPhone to your Android phone.
- Select Messages from the list of file types you can transfer.
The selected content will instantly start migrating from your Android to your iPhone. The only limitation is that you need to own a device that runs on Android 4.3 or later for the app to work effectively.
Now, if you want to move more types of data to your new iPhone, you will probably need to consider another solution because this particular method does not support all data types such as your messages in chat apps. An excellent cross-platform WhatsApp message transfer option worth noting is iMyFone iTransor Pro. We highlight all the necessary details about the app, as well as a step-by-step guide right below.
Tip. The Best Tool for WhatsApp Message Transfer to New iPhone
For transferring WhatsApp messages from iPhone to iPhone, you can either use iCloud or this tool to directly transfer your WhatsApp data. However, for transferring from Android to iPhone there is no official way to solve the problem, so we recommend this tool to you. Whether you want to migrate and restore your WhatsApp messages between iPhone and Android, or backup and export your WhatsApp messages to your computer, iMyFone iTransor Pro is a great solution in the current market. It has several features :
- Supports Android and iPhone devices.
- Is compatible with more than 6000 devices.
- Offers a fast, 3-step data transfer process.
- Is safe and efficient.
- Maintains the quality of files.
- Allows you to move your WhatsApp messages, photos, videos, and other attachments.
Step #1: Download the app
- Head to the official website and download the app on your computer.
- Select Transfer WhatsApp from the dashboard.
Step #2: Connect your Android and iPhone devices
- Connect both phones with the computer using a USB cable (preferably the one that came with each phone).
- Check that your new iPhone is the Destination device. If not, just click Switch to shift that.
Step #3: Send your WhatsApp messages
- Click Transfer and wait for the process to finish within the next minute or so (depending on the bulk of files that are being transferred).
- Check if your iPhone now has all of your WhatsApp data.
- Remove the phones from the PC.
Other than WhatsApp, iMyFone iTransor Pro also supports the other 17 data types, which are only available for iPhone to Samsung transfer for now. Check the full guide if you need this function. It will also support Android to iPhone transfer in the next version, so just stay tuned!
Switching from an old phone to a new iPhone is something to feel excited and super-charged with. Luckily, several apps and software can help overcome the challenges involved when trying to make the transition as smooth as possible, especially when it comes to migrating text messages to new iPhone. Choose one method that suits you best to move the data you want to a new iPhone without breaking a sweat.